IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

How did they know they had covid? Have they done the tests as part of being close contacts or did they get unwell so went for a test? 

I reckon there's a huge amount of people with it, 2 people in my work have had it got ill so couldn't come to work done a test then the proper test and it was positive. 

Imho this only ends when people stop getting tested. If you are sick stay off work as you would with the flu, chickenpox etc. People being off work when there is physically nothing wrong them isn't right and will continue to decimate businesses

75% of people testing positive are symptomatic per the COVID dashboard. 

People testing positive isn’t what’s decimating business, it’s the virus running rampant and the Government absolving themselves of the problem. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

People testing positive isn’t what’s decimating business, it’s the virus running rampant and the Government absolving themselves of the problem. 

Define symptomatic. Probably everyone, covid positive or not, has had symptoms of some sort over the past week or two. Headache, bit of a sniffle, coughed a couple of times, sneezy around grass cuttings…

75% is very high, and if true suggests an even bigger number of positives out there who are not being tested and are asymptomatic. 

• Like 3

I've started wearing a mask to go into shops. Mainly because I've noticed an uptick in the amount of folks doing the same, and I believe (purely personal choice) it's the right thing to do at this point. I'm double jabbed, but well aware I can pass it on, so hopefully doing my bit to help protect others. The vaccine is doing it's job. I hope Nobles doesn't get stretched. They've all been through enough stress. 

.....those figures someone posted about Israel earlier can't be right can they? More cases in folks jabbed than un-jabbed? Hopefully someone got their spreadsheet headers mixed up.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

So what exactly do you want the government to do? We are all responsible for our own health and well being. At the start of this whole thing I was well overweight, seeing that it affected overweight people I decided to lose weight, I've lost nearly 2 stone and feel great. People seem to keep banging on about the government but don't actually want to do anything themselves.  However I will agree the isolation rules need looking at

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

I've started wearing a mask to go into shops. Mainly because I've noticed an uptick in the amount of folks doing the same, and I believe (purely personal choice) it's the right thing to do at this point. I'm double jabbed, but well aware I can pass it on, so hopefully doing my bit to help protect others. The vaccine is doing it's job. I hope Nobles doesn't get stretched. They've all been through enough stress. 

.....those figures someone posted about Israel earlier can't be right can they? More cases in folks jabbed than un-jabbed? Hopefully someone got their spreadsheet headers mixed up.

In Israel it could be those double jabbed are out and about living life so more likely to catch it than those who haven't and might be limiting contact with others so I can well believe that stat

1 minute ago, thommo2010 said:

In Israel it could be those double jabbed are out and about living life so more likely to catch it than those who haven't and might be limiting contact with others so I can well believe that stat

Also the jabbed element is going to contain almost all of the vulnerable people a chunk of whom are probably still likely to get hit hard by covid even after having the jab

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

So what exactly do you want the government to do? We are all responsible for our own health and well being. At the start of this whole thing I was well overweight, seeing that it affected overweight people I decided to lose weight, I've lost nearly 2 stone and feel great. People seem to keep banging on about the government but don't actually want to do anything themselves.  However I will agree the isolation rules need looking at

Well, what do the hospitality outlets do that are binning prep and stock because they can't open? You can bet that there's a big financial hit there for places losing out on trade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Well, what do the hospitality outlets do that are binning prep and stock because they can't open? You can bet that there's a big financial hit there for places losing out on trade.

Like I say the whole isolation rules need to be looked at, we can't be living with it then closing places down

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Israel have a mask requirement indoors.

9 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

You've also got the numbers game to think about. If the vast majority of your population is vaccinated, the cases you'll be picking up are more going to end up to likely to be in the vaccinated group.

I'm not a statistician so can't tell you what the magic overlap figure is.

4 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Like I say the whole isolation rules need to be looked at, we can't be living with it then closing places down

The only people isolating now are the infected. You can't work if you're ill. Delta spreads exceptionally quickly. One person coming into a workplace infected can and is taking out whole teams / workplaces. 

What else would you change?

Edited by Ham_N_Eggs

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

The problem also is driven by the major employers. Many have invoked WFH leaving a lot of places with no trade anyway. A lot of coffee and sandwich places were desolate in town by mid week as there was few people around. This isn’t back to normal at all. 

Has 'living with it' been mis-sold as or conflated with going back to normal?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I don’t believe that for a second. No one wants this pandemic to ‘roll on’ and it’s ridiculous to assert so. 

There can be no other reason for the repeated demands, by the same people usually, to go backwards now at a time when everyone else wants to move forwards, including our government. 

7 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Government has certainly mis understood its own words and actions. What is clearly happening here and in the UK, and what Wrighty suggests a few pages back, is one great big burn out that should right itself over the summer holidays so that the country is settled by winter. Many people are getting covid but few are getting seriously ill and so acquired immunity rate is going to soar on top of the vaccinated immunity protection. This is entering the end of it. My only issue is that businesses should be compensated as we are not back to normal (ie, business as usual) yet and it’s unfair to expect them to take the brunt.

This is exactly what is happening.  A few weeks and we will have all had it, a very small number will have unfortunately been ill and life will be back to normal.

The dear is quite alarming.

Anecdotally and having been in M and S and Peel shoprite this morning.  The only with the healthy food in their trollies are not the ones masked up and sanitising everything.  Those are the ones stocking up on ready meals, booze and fags.

Why should those of us who are prepared to take personal  responsibility make sacrifices to pander to the fear of people who can’t even be arsed to reduce their own risk factors by living a clean and healthy lifestyle?  If these people are so scared why aren’t they being encouraged to protect themselves in many way far more effective than a mask?  They have had 18 months notice that the lower your BMI the lower your risk (by a significant margin, not just a little bit). 18 stone and masked is far more likely to have an issue than 9 stone and living normally.

• Like 2