IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

21 minutes ago, quilp said:

Those are the sort of figures I would expect to see for hospitalisations and deaths, but the query I had was over infection where vaccination should have some effect - even if it doesn't provide the complete protection some imagine.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Anyone remember the impact of AIDS and how that changed what was normal?  There was a huge change in sexual practices, mainly using condoms and it is almost a given that despite using some other form of birth control, condoms are still used from an infection control angle.  That is living with it. 

11 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The concise definition of living with the virus MF style.

‘Whine like fuck that the Government should do more & spunk more cash’

Take your own responsibility ffs & deal with it.

6 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

They love spunking cash as you put it. From chewing gum machines to promenades. 

Gladys has provided the answer. Condoms to stop government spunking cash

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

'Whine like fuck that the Government should do more & spunk more cash’

Have you ever wondered where money comes from, what it is? This article is about the British economy - of which the IOM is a part:

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/quarterly-bulletin/2014/q1/money-creation-in-the-modern-economy

If there were any shortage of money on the IOM, then that would only be about how the IOM is currently set up relative to the UK. But there isn't.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

What did you think would happen Thommo? Did you think we would lift all restrictions at a time when only 50% of the population were double jabbed and when the Delta variant was making its way over here due to the relaxation of the border rules and nothing would happen apart from us all ‘going back to fucking normal’? 

Please, I’m genuinely interested to know what you thought would happen and also why you’re so surprised that the virus is running rampant and people (employed and otherwise) are dropping like flies. 

Maybe I'm just naive. From what I can see the vaccine is doing its job stopping people getting so sick they need hospital treatment and putting pressure on the hospital, we have what 2000 known cases and 6 people in hospital compared to the start of this when we had around 5/600 cases and deaths in the 20s if I remember correctly. I don't see why it's not being treated like other viruses you get sick stay home and recover, if you're not sick go to work all this testing to find 'cases' is a never ending loop

Edited by thommo2010
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@ Thommo2010 

Wait until the massive rate of infection in the island has had time to get properly dug in.

The hospital is going to be overwhelmed, especially as we seem to have an influx of bikers and that, quite shockingly, the mountain Road has A RACING LINE, of rubber left on the road.

We get a racing line of rubber when we have races but we are not having races so it can only be the influx of bikers with soft racing type tires laying this track.

I cross the mountain several times a day and I am seeing very little Policing of the crazy speeds I am having bikers coming at me on the wrong side of the road.

Never mind Covid overwhelming the hospital, when the inevitable happens and a half cut biker wipes out  a family traveling in the opposite direction we are totally screwed re bed spaces.

P.S. Even if you totally disagree with my views on the islands Covid "Mitigations" 🙂 please tell me how a racing line is getting laid on the mountain with fully 2 way open roads?

Are the Police failing in their duty to protect other road users?

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest figures:

'Investigated cases':  3332 - 3218 = 114 (Increase in cases)

Active cases: 2048 - (1981 -  (1280 - 1233) [Recovered]) 

= 2048 - 1981 + 47  = 114 (New cases before taking off recoveries)

Official new cases = 92

The increase in tests seems low 94,009 - 93,364 = 645, especially when yesterday's figures said there were 803 tests booked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I haven't had the time to reanalyse the figures as I'd have to do so from scratch and I'm not sure what periods they are using.  But apart from anything else I suspect they are including infections immediately after vaccination or after only one shot.

The numbers are for the period 27/06 - 17/07, and they are for cases 20 days after the 2nd dose.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

@ Thommo2010 

Wait until the massive rate of infection in the island has had time to get properly dug in.

The hospital is going to be overwhelmed, especially as we seem to have an influx of bikers and that, quite shockingly, the mountain Road has A RACING LINE, of rubber left on the road.

We get a racing line of rubber when we have races but we are not having races so it can only be the influx of bikers with soft racing type tires laying this track.

I cross the mountain several times a day and I am seeing very little Policing of the crazy speeds I am having bikers coming at me on the wrong side of the road.

Never mind Covid overwhelming the hospital, when the inevitable happens and a half cut biker wipes out  a family traveling in the opposite direction we are totally screwed re bed spaces.

P.S. Even if you totally disagree with my views on the islands Covid "Mitigations" 🙂 please tell me how a racing line is getting laid on the mountain with fully 2 way open roads?

Where abouts is this racing line exactly?

Clearly, the police are doing their duty if we're not seeing a rise in the rate of accidents on the mountain.

Speculating that all the bikers are going to all crash and overwhelm the hospital is getting a bit silly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

Expected by whom? You? 

They'll throw the island into lockdown way before it reaches capacity.

Expected by calibrated SEIR model, I am just the messenger. We assume there was not some unknown zero ground before this event:

https://www.gov.im/news/2021/jun/27/important-message-for-students-at-st-ninians-high-school/

Rest straight verbatim out of SPI-M playbook. Lot people want to know who I am, as if it effects the mathematics, and with regard to that posted this:

https://sites.google.com/webcabcomponents.com/seir-model-of-iom-natural-wave/who-i-am-and-why-did-i-produce-these-models?authuser=0

35 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I haven't had a look but one of the things about most of the Mountain Road is that you can see quite a way ahead. Perhaps people are taking the 'racing line' in places that it's safe to do so? In this heat it wouldn't take long for tyres to be shedding rubber which we wouldn't notice in normal tempertures. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Hope it’s packed in Port Erin all weekend.  Any other mask free events I can take the 3 different sets of friends and family currently here spending their money to?

I say crack on if youngish and not group 4 (and maybe 6). I would not be taking my 80yo father down the pub to get tanked up for next weeks. Told him best to Netflix and chill with misses for few weeks. But appropriate it completely his choice if he chooses to do otherwise.