IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, BenFairfax said:

I say crack on if youngish and not group 4 (and maybe 6). I would not be taking my 80yo father down the pub to get tanked up for next weeks. Told him best to Netflix and chill with misses for few weeks. But appropriate it completely his choice if he chooses to do otherwise.   

Just no.

4 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Could the ~200 difference be cancelled day 9 and day 13 tests?

It shouldn't be because these are Friday's figures and the changes didn't come in till later in the day.  It's possible they cancelled them anyway on the grounds that they weren't going to take any notice of democracy.

3 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

You referenced an 80 year old, and 'Netflix and Chill'. 

Are you trying to summon a demon or open a portal to hell?

He's more into the ballroom dancing scene. Like doing bit DIY and gardening, and generally chilling out. I just gave my 2 cents, naturally anyone can choose the risk they wish to take. Imposing risks onto others another issue, and gets bit complex, and that topic not my thing (ask @wrighty ). I just saying I saw through my 'not completely clear math's binoculars' (that models for you) that a decent storm is coming. CoMIN message from start either been hide under the bed (i.e. lockdown) or do anything. People being more granular and considering their own situation, is not being clearly communicated. Dr H did say COVID risk 80yo 2+2 is roughly same as 50yo unvaccinated.

There is a question on Nobles capacity, which I do not know all details, but I think someone in Manx Care should is doing the "detailed modelling" Dr H is a sceptic of. 

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

@ Thommo2010 

Wait until the massive rate of infection in the island has had time to get properly dug in.

The hospital is going to be overwhelmed, especially as we seem to have an influx of bikers and that, quite shockingly, the mountain Road has A RACING LINE, of rubber left on the road.

We get a racing line of rubber when we have races but we are not having races so it can only be the influx of bikers with soft racing type tires laying this track.

I cross the mountain several times a day and I am seeing very little Policing of the crazy speeds I am having bikers coming at me on the wrong side of the road.

Never mind Covid overwhelming the hospital, when the inevitable happens and a half cut biker wipes out  a family traveling in the opposite direction we are totally screwed re bed spaces.

P.S. Even if you totally disagree with my views on the islands Covid "Mitigations" 🙂 please tell me how a racing line is getting laid on the mountain with fully 2 way open roads?

Are the Police failing in their duty to protect other road users?

No.  They aren’t.

As evidenced by the fact that whatever they are or aren’t doing at the moment families aren’t being wiped out.

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

@ Thommo2010 

Wait until the massive rate of infection in the island has had time to get properly dug in.

The hospital is going to be overwhelmed, especially as we seem to have an influx of bikers and that, quite shockingly, the mountain Road has A RACING LINE, of rubber left on the road.

We get a racing line of rubber when we have races but we are not having races so it can only be the influx of bikers with soft racing type tires laying this track.

I cross the mountain several times a day and I am seeing very little Policing of the crazy speeds I am having bikers coming at me on the wrong side of the road.

Never mind Covid overwhelming the hospital, when the inevitable happens and a half cut biker wipes out  a family traveling in the opposite direction we are totally screwed re bed spaces.

P.S. Even if you totally disagree with my views on the islands Covid "Mitigations" 🙂 please tell me how a racing line is getting laid on the mountain with fully 2 way open roads?

Are the Police failing in their duty to protect other road users?

Make yourself a drink, go and sit in the garden, take a few deep breaths. You're not sounding very healthy with your repeated rants.

37 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

I say crack on if youngish and not group 4 (and maybe 6). I would not be taking my 80yo father down the pub to get tanked up for next weeks. Told him best to Netflix and chill with misses for few weeks. But appropriate it completely his choice if he chooses to do otherwise.   

The risk from Covid to a double jabbed 80 year old is about the same as that to a non jabbed 50 year old.  

so basically zero risk, or a risk so negligible  that I would suggest it would be outweighed by the mental and wellbeing benefit of a pint in the pub with mates.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

Is there possibly something else doing the rounds at the moment? 

I know of 3 separate people who have come down with a cough/flu type thing. They did an LFT (negative) but 2 had a PCR (negative). 

Now they're back up and alright

Imagine being shocked that people can still get and throw off a cold, even in these pandemic end times. >facepalm<

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Not all valid and most very flimsy and repetitive. 

And mainly based on what happened months ago before people were vaccinated.  When they still aggressively ventilated a lot of patients, or on stats from parts of the world with totally different demographics and health care provisions, average life expectancy etc.

All we can work on is here and now.  Fact is the place is crawling with COVID, hardly anyone has significant symptoms and the hospital isn’t full.  Most people don’t know they have it despite virtually no mitigation’s in place other than vaccinations and natural immunity.

I personally can’t see that changing, and over the next few weeks the number of people volunteering for tests will plummet and it will largely be over.

Battle won by the GMP, vaccinations, and some patience around opening the borders until it was safe to do so.

A few bumps along the way and untold damage to many peoples mental health, physical health through treatment delays and finances, but ultimately in a few weeks it will be game over with some longer term restrictions on international travel.

The downside will be a population now so scared that every time there is a flu outbreak or anything similar they will expect government to intervene and tell them all to stay at home.

What’s the next thing to panic about?  Probably flu season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We shall see.

It looks like it is going to be survival of the "Intelligent" as in, people who can see this sh1t storm as it approaches and take proportional precautions.

TBH getting rid of the stupid will not be a bad thing.

5 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Make yourself a drink, go and sit in the garden, take a few deep breaths. You're not sounding very healthy with your repeated rants.

L

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

The risk from Covid to a double jabbed 80 year old is about the same as that to a non jabbed 50 year old.  

so basically zero risk, or a risk so negligible  that I would suggest it would be outweighed by the mental and wellbeing benefit of a pint in the pub with mates.

About 0.4% risk of fatality. 

Just being 80 gives you an annual risk of death around 8%

• Like 4