IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Stop it. You’re embarrassing yourself. Go back to bed.

Society is full of nutjobs with different views of all description. This forum has quite a few alone. I don’t want them dead though. 

1 minute ago, Danoo said:

Society is full of nutjobs with different views of all description. This forum has quite a few alone. I don’t want them dead though. 

Need more people like yourself really, to many people push the vaccine just because they’ve had it and they think everyone else should. It is a personal choice and with personal choice comes risk, you just have to be happy and content with the decision you’ve made.

The options are :

A) Have vaccine, risk very rare side effects (odds into millions, but a lottery that no-one wants to win) lower the risk of dying or having complications from Covid considerably, remain content with your decision but don’t force your views/opinion on others.

B) No vaccine, no risk of any rare side effects from vaccine, however increased likelihood of complications from Covid, don’t become an anti vax nut job, remain humble with your decision and just hope you’ve made the right choice.

C) Have the vaccine, tell everyone that hasn’t had it they’re selfish and they’re idiots, travel freely, enjoy life and hope that there is no long term health effects.

D) Don’t have the vaccine, call anyone that has had the vaccine a guinea pig/part of a government experiment. Complain the lack of free travel is against your human rights, say that Covid doesn’t exist and that it’s all a con, just hope and pray you don’t end up in hospital with Covid because you’ll make yourself look a right tit.

16 hours ago, Max Power said:

I haven't had a look but one of the things about most of the Mountain Road is that you can see quite a way ahead. Perhaps people are taking the 'racing line' in places that it's safe to do so? In this heat it wouldn't take long for tyres to be shedding rubber which we wouldn't notice in normal tempertures. 

I use the mountain road everyday and the number of bikes...and cars.... on the wrong side of the road driving/riding at speed recently is ridiculous 2 near misses that were way too close for comfort in the past few days.  A lump of metal coming at you round a corner is not a good look.  And rarely see a cop up there these days - sometimes see one ambling up 8am ish.  Worryingly speed is not restricted to the mountain - way too many cars speeding through the nearby villages too. I know that cops are thin on the ground but maybe a mobile cop on a motorbike would focus attention. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

Not surprised at all tbf. Just offering up the idea that it may be happening and "everyone being wiped out with Covid" is actually just some other crappy bug going round. 

It's that time of year.

From personal experience we have a six year-old in the family with sore throat and a cough. Tested negative for CV. 

Know a lady up the road with same symptoms (FWIW- long since double jabbed) also tested negative for CV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Need more people like yourself really, to many people push the vaccine just because they’ve had it and they think everyone else should. It is a personal choice and with personal choice comes risk, you just have to be happy and content with the decision you’ve made.

The options are :

A) Have vaccine, risk very rare side effects (odds into millions, but a lottery that no-one wants to win) lower the risk of dying or having complications from Covid considerably, remain content with your decision but don’t force your views/opinion on others.

B) No vaccine, no risk of any rare side effects from vaccine, however increased likelihood of complications from Covid, don’t become an anti vax nut job, remain humble with your decision and just hope you’ve made the right choice.

C) Have the vaccine, tell everyone that hasn’t had it they’re selfish and they’re idiots, travel freely, enjoy life and hope that there is no long term health effects.

D) Don’t have the vaccine, call anyone that has had the vaccine a guinea pig/part of a government experiment. Complain the lack of free travel is against your human rights, say that Covid doesn’t exist and that it’s all a con, just hope and pray you don’t end up in hospital with Covid because you’ll make yourself look a right tit.

Great post.

Or Option E) Just live your life. It matters not to me what decisions people take in their own personal life. I don't care what vaccines they take, what medication they are on, what food they eat or whether they exercise daily. Everyone will experience the results of the decisions they make so let them be. 

We seem to have reached peak levels of telling complete strangers what they should be doing with their lives and wishing them ill if it's not what we deem acceptable.  

Edited by Danoo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Just live your life. It matters not to me what decisions people take in their own personal life.

Personal choices, and the risks that go with them, can have a detrimental effect on others. There is a moral and ethical dimension to this that can be sometimes overlooked. 

If any of my family can not receive the treatment and care they need due to others "just living their lives" then is that how should be ? What do any of my grandchildren or their parents have to do with other peoples decisions and the potential impact on them ?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Apple said:

Personal choices, and the risks that go with them, can have a detrimental effect on others. There is a moral and ethical dimension to this that can be sometimes overlooked. 

If any of my family can not receive the treatment and care they need due to others "just living their lives" then is that how should be ? What do any of my grandchildren or their parents have to do with other peoples decisions and the potential impact on them ?

Agreed.  We have something that significantly reduces the impact of covid.  Those who choose not have it, not only impact themselves but others who cannot have the vaccine through factors outside their control.  Very simply, that displays a lack of social responsibility and when these people start shouting about being discriminated against, it makes my arse twitch. 

The basis of anti-discrimination is to protect those who are discriminated against because of differences beyond their control (religion apart, which is a whole other debate) not through their own injudicious decisions. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Apple said:

Well what do you suggest? I can't tell the obese diabetic junk food loving, coca cola swilling woman down the street, who will more than likely be taking up a lot more of our health services' time and resources than most, what to do with her life. If she is lying in a hospital bed due to poor life choices and my otherwise healthy relative comes in due to an emergency do we turf her out because we are short on beds? 

These type of people will statistically meet their maker a lot sooner than most so they will have reaped the results of their life choices.  

Edited by Danoo

6 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Well what do you suggest? I can't tell the obese diabetic junk food loving, coca cola swilling woman down the street, who will more than likely be taking up a lot more of our health services' time and resources than most, what to do with her life. If she is lying in a hospital bed due to poor life choices and my otherwise healthy relative comes in due to an emergency do we turf her out because we are short on beds? 

These type of people will statistically meet their maker a lot sooner than most so they will have reaped the results of their life choices.  

I forgot you could become fat by being near a fat person for a few minutes. 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Agreed.  We have something that significantly reduces the impact of covid.  Those who choose not have it, not only impact themselves but others who cannot have the vaccine through factors outside their control.  Very simply, that displays a lack of social responsibility and when these people start shouting about being discriminated against, it makes my arse twitch. 

The basis of anti-discrimination is to protect those who are discriminated against because of differences beyond their control (religion apart, which is a whole other debate) not through their own injudicious decisions. 

So we should ration cancer treatment for example against people who drink heavily or smoke like a chimney, both medically acknowledged and proven to increase your risks of developing cancer. Both of these groups have chosen to take a lifestyle choice which is within their control, knowing the risks it entails and the likely unnecessary burden on the health service at the expense of others who choose not to engage in those practices.