IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

51 minutes ago, Danoo said:

They give advice. They don't advocate for material consequences which some on here are talking about.

I have a personal dog in this fight as I am vaccinated but my daughter isn't. She had COVID a few months ago and so has natural immunity and antibodies at present so doesn't feel she needs to rush out and get the jab. I don't treat her like a leper and can see her point of view. I don't feel she is being selfish and she isn't doing it with a couldn't care less attitude for others so I'm fine with it.   

That's fine, providing she doesn't complain about travel restrictions being placed on her as discriminatory.

ETA and has the jab when offered.

Edited by Gladys

27 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

A positive is a positive... what does it bloody matter if its a reinfection?

Vaccine efficacy? Were the re-infections in people with both jabs, one or none at all..? Which vaccine was used, etc...

Edited by quilp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Danoo said:

In which case we need to have a fully comprehensive menu of lifestyle options, choices and consequences. Based on clear transparent medical evidence. If we are going to do it for one topic then we do it for all. Obesity. Alcohol. Cigarettes. Junk food. Drugs (both legal and illegal). Exercise frequency....the list could go on. 

some people smoke 50 a day and live into their 90's, some die at 40, we are all different, what affects you may not affect me

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Peston there, taking something true but not providing the correct context, making things appear more alarming than they actually are 

Peston's journalistic integrity is about as good as Laura Kuenssburg's (who FYI should still be prosecuted for breaking electoral law by releasing results before the returning official).

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, WTF said:

some people smoke 50 a day and live into their 90's, some die at 40, we are all different, what affects you may not affect me

Quite. 

Some people will get COVID and have nothing more than a mild headache. Others will end up in hospital because of poor lifestyle choices up to that date. Jab or no jab. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

That's fine, providing she doesn't complain about travel restrictions being placed on her as discriminatory.

ETA and has the jab when offered.

As long as the travel restrictions affect her and me equally I don’t think she anything to complain about. 

2 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Quite. 

Some people will get COVID and have nothing more than a mild headache. Others will end up in hospital because of poor lifestyle choices up to that date. Jab or no jab. 

All these ruddy old people not choosing to keel over at 60, selfish really isn't it? How dare they choose keep on kicking into their 80s and beyond.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

As long as the travel restrictions affect her and me equally I don’t think she anything to complain about. 

There are plenty of places pre-COVID where proof of vaccination is needed.

The French for all their anti-vax ways require all kids going to school to have vaccinations. No vaccination, no school. https://www.efe.com/efe/english/technology/france-makes-11-child-vaccines-compulsory-no-school/50000267-3480979

From an infection control viewpoint why should you both be treated the same because you are not? 

• Like 1