IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

You are clearly just trying to be funny now.

Enjoy your last few weeks of worry

I will be delighted when things are over and back to normal. I have loved ones I haven’t been able to see since pre-2020 for the pandemic. 

Though, as a point to muse on and for fear of sounding like the conspiratorial members here, what better way for Boris to distract from the mess that is Brexit than a clusterfuck of a pandemic response? 

Crops are rotting in the fields in the UK because there simply isn’t the labour force. 

• Like 2

We deployed the full interactive SEIR Model implementation to the cloud. Thanks to gabgoh for original implementation. So now anyone can put whatever parameters you want, do versus what-if scenarios, test you model against real world data and so on. Enjoy!

The web interface is at:

https://sites.google.com/webcabcomponents.com/seir-model-of-iom-natural-wave/seir-model-live?authuser=0

@wrighty I cannot be more transparent that this, but I noted that none of my queries you yourself I got a reply to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

The lack of exit testing will be part of this - I suspect they're dropping it mainly because of lack of capacity.  But even if they are only testing symptomatic cases that's a ridiculously high figure for anywhere in the world.  There will always be a lot of summer colds etc around and in similar situations previously, daily positivity never went over 15%.

The increase in positivity rate is because the testing is more targeted now, it’s mostly symptomatic cases or positive LFTs coming through, if the UK drops testing for close contacts I think it would see similar results.

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

No, it’s far too early to be optimistic. Please don’t let it be over this early. Some people don’t even know anyone who has been ill yet, they need some stories to tell the grandkids. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

How’s it going Pilgrims?

Peel buzzing this affy. Not a face nappy in sight … weirdos out West like.

DESC may have taken over the site and applied its all inclusive mantra, based on a lower common denominator and assign status of newbies to us. But we get the keep to discipline points. How do you feel about MF going all PC, I thought this place was one of the last bastion's of people saying whatever comes into their head.  

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but weekend figure in the uk are always low and normally balance out on Tuesday. 

I actually agree with your opinion except that it has all been done one month too early. That extra month of vaccinations and the schools being out would have mitigated the situation much better. Government would not listen. Now it is a wing and a prayer as to whether there will be an autumn lockdown. 

• Like 1