IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

39 minutes ago, quilp said:

"if those people could quit posting conjecture..."

What is the above post if not 50% conjecture? e.g, "covid in Britain is finished" Tying yourself in with "wrighty and others ("seem to believe similar to me now")" is merely borrowed plumage to give yourself credibility. 

He's not incorrect thought is he?

• Like 1

It's actually been quite refreshing this weekend seeing some people I know, who over the past 18 months have been mostly hiding behind the sofa, out and about in the sunshine and starting to enjoy life again. I think the penny is starting to drop in the majority that life has to go on now. Either that or they have decided to throw the TV out the window and not buy a newspaper anymore. Amazing how your mood improves if you're not pumped with fear from every angle. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, quilp said:

"if those people could quit posting conjecture..."

What is the above post if not 50% conjecture? e.g, "covid in Britain is finished" Tying yourself in with "wrighty and others ("seem to believe similar to me now")" is merely borrowed plumage to give yourself credibility. 

Cases - dropping quickly and consistently.

Hospitastions - fairly static - in a heat wave

Deaths - increasing slightly - in a heat wave.

Mixing people - increasing 

mitigation’s - decreasing

People vaccinated - increasing

People not vaccinated but with natural immunity - increasing.

what about that scenario isn’t positive?  Especially if linking  in the “super spreader” events at sports stadiums and in football fan zones and people houses all over the UK?

What can someone pick out of this and say it isn’t going in the right direction

Edited by Ramseyboi

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

The post right avoided yours.  What’s wrong about it and what is causing Concern?  I don’t get it?

See Roxanne's post above- repetion, regurgitation, etc. The massive ego bit especially... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It’s the same stuff. Regurgitated over and over again. Different words from different locations.

You’re not here to debate or to learn, you’re just here to state your opinion over and over and, when challenged go all victim on us.

And Wrighty is coming round to your way of thinking now? By christ you’ve got some ego at you. 

Change the record FFS. If you want to tell people where you’ve been and what you’re doing, try Facebook, or journaling. 

Oh give over.  I have asked numerous times what is wrong with what I am putting forward?  Where is the data to back up that is wrong or likely to go wrong?

That is encourage debate and to be educated but all people ever come back with is that they think things will get much worse.  Never with figures or science to back that up and never in a way to encourage debate as all they do is say that last year people died.

In my last few posts I have asked what people foresee the issues to be based on current data here and in UK - no responses.

I have given example of my elderly neighbour and opined that he would have probably died last year.  Now he is cutting the grass a few days after testing positive.  That is positive progress and the sort of thing people need to her to make informed choices about their own risk.

Where I have been and what I have seen on the streets and in the pubs is relevant as it reflects a huge swing in people’s concerns about the risk.

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, quilp said:

See Roxanne's post above- repetion, regurgitation, etc. The massive ego bit especially... 

ego?  Simply pointing out that when someone whose opinion was actively sought out when things were doom and gloom for the foreseeable starts to see the glimmer of things changing. The doom Merchants who were previously hanging off his every word no longer want to hear what he has to say without being able to counter it.  Thought it was an interesting observation that’s all.

@rachomics - any input on if you see anything in current trends and figures what gives significant cause for concern and wouldn’t suggest this is largely burnt out fairly quickly now?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Cases - dropping quickly and consistently.

Hospitastions - fairly static - in a heat wave

Deaths - increasing slightly - in a heat wave.

Mixing people - increasing 

mitigation’s - decreasing

People vaccinated - increasing

People not vaccinated but with natural immunity - increasing.

what about that scenario isn’t positive?  Especially if linking  in the “super spreader” events at sports stadiums and in football fan zones and people houses all over the UK?

What can someone pick out of this and say it isn’t going in the right direction

Cases in the uk have dropped, but we are yet to see what effect dropping masks and distancing will have.

hospitalisations are actually increasing, as are deaths, but they always lag behind.

Mixing increasing, mitigation decreasing, yes, but as I said above we are yet to see how that pans out. 

People vaccinated increasing, but not fast enough. 

I think your perception and mine of the events of the last few days differ. I was out several times and there were lots of people mixing outdoors. Indoors, people were keeping their distance. Good numbers wearing masks. One or two businesses asking people to wait at the door to be served.

Edited by Cambon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A lot of us repeat our stance because it’s something we feel strongly about, Covid rules/regs and even ‘living with it’ affects as all.  We all live our lives differently, most people tend to see the world from their eyes and how they live it, it’s not always easy to see an alternative opinion.

I do agree that this is leading to lots of repetition on this thread, a battle of opinions if you will (either for or against) the last two weeks have been especially bad. I personally don’t like the changes but I’m taking a step back , there is no point complaining about the changes made 4 weeks ago because they can’t be reversed now, the path has been chosen.

Today for example I’ve tried to get hold of some LFTs without any success. I’ve been in contact with a few ‘close contacts’ but these haven’t been identified by 111 yet, the positive cases haven’t even had a call from 111 to ask. I have regular appointments at the hospital that I don’t want to jeopardise and I have to sign a bit of paper work each time to say I haven’t been identified as a close contact by the 111 team, well that is a true statement but I feel uneasy about it, I’d rather test myself the night before just to be safe.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

hospitalisations are actually increasing, as are deaths, but they always lag behind.

In very small numbers.  In a heat wave.  Pretty much everything you hear or read is about people ending up in hospital because they are taking relevant precautions in the heat, end up in hospital, and might turn out to test positive.

The negativity is worrying.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

In very small numbers.  In a heat wave.  Pretty much everything you hear or read is about people ending up in hospital because they are taking relevant precautions in the heat, end up in hospital, and might turn out to test positive.

The negativity is worrying.

It is not negativity, it is reality. 

All 6 in hospital over here with Covid, were admitted because of Covid. 

The numbers are low, let's hope they stay that way! 

• Like 1

Currently seeking permission to move wrighty and BenFairfax to their own thread "COVID discussed needlessly complicated for the IOM situation with stupid numbers and forecasts" because to be completely honest I. AM. FUCKING. BORED. 

More so Fairfax boring me rather than wrighty, as he makes some fantastic points regularly. 

This Fairfax kid speaks extremely clever when it comes to numbers. But then when he tries to make a point using...you know...WORDS AND LITERACY. He sounds like an absolute plantpot. 

• Haha 5