IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

37 minutes ago, Hugh G Rection said:

Currently seeking permission to move wrighty and BenFairfax to their own thread "COVID discussed needlessly complicated for the IOM situation with stupid numbers and forecasts" because to be completely honest I. AM. FUCKING. BORED. 

More so Fairfax boring me rather than wrighty, as he makes some fantastic points regularly. 

This Fairfax kid speaks extremely clever when it comes to numbers. But then when he tries to make a point using...you know...WORDS AND LITERACY. He sounds like an absolute plantpot. 

You haven't just been watching "A Beautiful Mind", have you?

40 minutes ago, Cambon said:

It is not negativity, it is reality. 

All 6 in hospital over here with Covid, were admitted because of Covid. 

The numbers are low, let's hope they stay that way! 

That doesn’t relate to what I head about those in Hospital.  Is there a way of fact checking or have I missed something?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

What he wanted to.

Kelly Broomk, Jenifer Anniston and Nicole Kidman have all been involved in a minor accident on a trike and are suffering from mild aches and pains and are look for an inexperienced, middle aged , balding bloke to help with massages?

• Haha 1

This is what the new normal looks like in Liverpool. Packed high street and few to no masks in sight. Restrictions went down on the 19th right? Either this will continue and all is well of everyone here will drop soon. Tune in next week to find out... 

66D99B52-3C31-4BA8-B689-08D2B3DCE162.jpeg

9326E8A8-B512-46D2-BCC8-E7A484914102.jpeg

And today's bulletin from the Wonderful World of Manx Government Maths:

'Investigated cases':  3758 - 3592  = 166 (Increase in cases)

Active cases: 2474 - (2308 -  (1280 - 1280) [Recovered]) 

= 166

Official new cases = 168

This is the first time for nearly two weeks that the new cases have anywhere like agreed.

The increase in tests again seems low (95,308 - 94,636 = 672), and below capacity.  This gives a daily positivity rate of exactly 25%.  For comparison today's figures for Malta are 94 cases from 3136 tests or 3%. They're doing fewer tests per head of population and yet have a rate the tenth of ours.  But despite slightly fewer active cases in total (2262, though I reckon we have 'recoveries' that aren't taken into account) they have 39 people in hospital from them rather than 6.  This just doesn't make sense compared to anywhere else in the world.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Typo - 39 in hospital in Malta not 19

12 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

= 166

Official new cases = 168

This is the first time for nearly two weeks that the new cases have anywhere like agreed.

The increase in tests again seems low (95,308 - 94,636 = 672), and below capacity.  This gives a daily positivity rate of exactly 25%.  For comparison today's figures for Malta are 94 cases from 3136 tests or 3%. They're doing fewer tests per head of population and yet have a rate the tenth of ours.  But despite slightly fewer active cases in total (2262, though I reckon we have 'recoveries' that aren't taken into account) they have 19 people in hospital from them rather than 6.  This just doesn't make sense compared to anywhere else in the world.

Because no two places are the same.  So many variables.

Vaccinations. General health of population. Average age of population. Healthcare. Mitigation measures. Average life expectancy of population. Diet. Ethnicity.  Even the current weather conditions, rain water levels for sanitation etc.

Which is why we can only look at and worry about what Is going on here and to some extent the UK.

We should all know many more people who are really ill.  There should be more in hospital.

It might not make sense to some but it is (at the moment) and was predicted by others.

Why no just be grateful things are going in the right direction rather than almost hoping it all falls apart to prove a point?

Todays iom figures are great news.  One more short hospital stay finished for someone due to vaccination and advances in treatments hopefully.

20 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

= 166

Official new cases = 168

The increase in tests again seems low (95,308 - 94,636 = 672), and below capacity.  This gives a daily positivity rate of exactly 25%.  For comparison today's figures for Malta are 94 cases from 3136 tests or 3%. They're doing fewer tests per head of population and yet have a rate the tenth of ours.  But despite slightly fewer active cases in total (2262, though I reckon we have 'recoveries' that aren't taken into account) they have 19 people in hospital from them rather than 6.  This just doesn't make sense compared to anywhere else in the world.

We don't seem to have yesterday's figures available.  Active cases from the 24th 2048.  Active cases today 2474.

I'm no professor Ashford but that makes 426 new cases in two days.

5 minutes ago, cissolt said:

We don't seem to have yesterday's figures available.  Active cases from the 24th 2048.  Active cases today 2474.

I'm no professor Ashford but that makes 426 new cases in two days.

Yes, they forgot to take a snapshot yesterday, though they should be able to do it retrospectively from the dataset.  I'd put yesterdays figures into a comment yesterday, so worked from that.

2 hours ago, Cambon said:

All 6 in hospital over here with Covid, were admitted because of Covid.

I can't be more specific due to confidentiality reasons, but that statement is false.

I can tell you though that given the cases we've had in the past few weeks we'd have expected about 80 admissions because of covid, and about 8 deaths (and the average age of the positive cases is 23 or 28, depending on which average you use, so these would have been relative youngsters being admitted and dying).  Vaccination works.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8