IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Are none of you vaccinated? Because any of you being jabbed reduces that risk significantly.

Plenty of people in very close quarters with positive cases and not getting in.

We all vaccinated, and think everyone I know in meat world is. From ONS data, it reduces risk hospitalisation by ~20 times, i.e. someone with 1% risk pre-vax hospitalization (1 in 100), post 2+2 it 0.05% (1 in 2,000), not zero but not something to really be concerned about. But if you are say Blood Cancer patient with pre-vax risk of 40% hospitalization, then after 2+2 you still talking 2% (1 in 50) and it up to the person, to decide, however someone at these sorts of odds with prevalence of COVID in community we have, should (in my view) be informed. At least UK PH thinks so:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19

Edited by BenFairfax
inform ---> informed (that was it I promise)
  • Confused 1

Just now, Gladys said:

Agreed.  It was chit chat, but I have not received a call about being a close contact of someone who has tested positive. 

I know someone who was on the track and trace team but has been stood down. That's not to say the whole department has been scrapped or numbers greatly reduced but there is definitely a scaling back of some description.

26 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

We are not relying on “luck and hope that the vaccinations will in fact do a good enough job of stopping the hospital coming under pressure”

The hospital is always under pressure.

I’m aware of that. I’m referring to the governments oft repeated statement that the only reason for lockdowns, restrictions etc is to protect the hospital from being over run.

If the government are relying on both scientific and anecdotal evidence that the strategy of letting it rip through the community will turn out just fine I would have hoped they would have prepared for it, ie had the stocks of lateral flow tests, upped the swabbing capacity, upped the resources of the 111 team. 

I’m not a ‘bed wetter’ who’s hiding in a cave and I’m not saying this strategy is not going to work. I just don’t believe the government intended to stop contact tracing at this point, to rely on later flow testing and the honesty and responsibility of the community that comes with that. These are reactive policy changes forced on them by the situation and that doesn’t fill me with confidence. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Ashford said in the Thursday press conference that they had all been admitted due to COVID.

Thursday was really quite a few days ago now you know.  People have been sent home and new ones admitted since.

I don’t know for certain about Thursday but before then, and since there are people In Nobles who would have been there regardless of a positive test.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Agreed.  It was chit chat, but I have not received a call about being a close contact of someone who has tested positive. 

I don't think track and trace really matters anymore. I'd you are 2+2 you don't have to isolate anyway unless you develope symptoms and test positive. The problem is the number of unvaccinated young people who are isolating and therefore not able to work, and the very young who are keeping parents off work. It is really affecting the economy. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I'd say it's been binned, there's 3 people I work with who have tested positive in the last week and nobody has received any calls as a close contact 

10 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Thursday was really quite a few days ago now you know.  People have been sent home and new ones admitted since.

I don’t know for certain about Thursday but before then, and since there are people In Nobles who would have been there regardless of a positive test.

So, just looking at hospitalisation figures, on Thursday's snapshot there were 5. On Friday's snapshot, 6, an increase of 1, as the dashboard handily highlights. This figure fell back to 5 today, per the dashboard.

So, unless they're all getting better very quickly, we can extrapolate that it could well be the very same people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

So, just looking at hospitalisation figures, on Thursday's snapshot there were 5. On Friday's snapshot, 6, an increase of 1, as the dashboard handily highlights. This figure fell back to 5 today, per the dashboard.

So, unless they're all getting better very quickly, we can extrapolate that it could well be the very same people.

You can extrapolate all you want.

People are giving you the answers but you don’t want to hear them.

Clue, they ARE all getting better very quickly because lots of them are in for completely none COVID reasons.

5 people in on one day and 6 people the next could well mean all five from day one went home and five new ones came in.

They need to provide more detail

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

You can extrapolate all you want.

People are giving you the answers but you don’t want to hear them.

Clue, they ARE all getting better very quickly because lots of them are in for completely none COVID reasons.

5 people in on one day and 6 people the next could well mean all five from day one went home and five new ones came in.

They need to provide more detail

An obvious question would be do they send people home while they're still testing positive?

13 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Where is this Meat world of which you speak?

I meant real physical people I know in person in the real world. Half MF, Manx Twitter are anonymous.

Why does MF have the social media style "likes" button? The point of forums is credibility is based on the content, not number of followers you have or number of "likes" etc. The social media thing sort of OK, but you end up at the lowest common denominator, whether or not that has any value.