IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, HeliX said:

An obvious question would be do they send people home while they're still testing positive?

If they don’t require hospitalisation, and have somewhere to be discharged to, why wouldn’t they.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

You can extrapolate all you want.

People are giving you the answers but you don’t want to hear them.

Clue, they ARE all getting better very quickly because lots of them are in for completely none COVID reasons.

5 people in on one day and 6 people the next could well mean all five from day one went home and five new ones came in.

They need to provide more detail

The Health Minister confirmed on Thursday, as did a doctor that all the cases in then were in due to COVID.

Your 'answers' are based on conjecture, extrapolation and Manx whispers. You could always email the minister, he's said to reply promptly.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

The Health Minister confirmed on Thursday, as did a doctor that all the cases in then were in due to COVID.

Your 'answers' are based on conjecture, extrapolation and Manx whispers. You could always email the minister, he's said to reply promptly.

I said Thursday was a long time ago and that I knew nothing about Thursday.

It might have been accurate then but it isn’t now, as confirmed by others on here.

You believe what you want to believe but if you think all cases in hospital are purely because of COVID then you need to give your head a wobble and speak to more people.  Like the patients, their family, and the people treating them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, John Wright said:

If they don’t require hospitalisation, and have somewhere to be discharged to, why wouldn’t they.

It was the logistics I was thinking of really - how do they get home without being in close contact with others?

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

It was the logistics I was thinking of really - how do they get home without being in close contact with others?

Doesn't matter.  If my Mrs was positive I can sleep in a bed with her then get on the bus in the morning so it’s a none issue

7 hours ago, Hugh G Rection said:

Currently seeking permission to move wrighty and BenFairfax to their own thread "COVID discussed needlessly complicated for the IOM situation with stupid numbers and forecasts" because to be completely honest I. AM. FUCKING. BORED. 

More so Fairfax boring me rather than wrighty, as he makes some fantastic points regularly. 

This Fairfax kid speaks extremely clever when it comes to numbers. But then when he tries to make a point using...you know...WORDS AND LITERACY. He sounds like an absolute plantpot. 

I don't mind wrighty at all. OK he's not laugh a minutes but hey.....everything is relative. 

7 minutes ago, HeliX said:

But she can't get on the bus, and she's analogous to the patient.

Eh?

I could pick her up from nobles and then leave her at home and go about my day as normal.

Or she could come home in an ambulance?

Or I could park her car at nobles and she could drive it home, get home, sleep with me and the I could go out?

11 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Eh?

I could pick her up from nobles and then leave her at home and go about my day as normal.

Or she could come home in an ambulance?

Or I could park her car at nobles and she could drive it home, get home, sleep with me and the I could go out?

Yes, but she couldn't go on the bus. I'm not asking what the family members of people in hospital positive with Covid are doing. I'm asking how a Covid positive person can be discharged if they have no-one to take them home.

Not sure I understand the logic in asking people who have tested positive from an LFT at home, being asked to go get a PCR test after that. 

Contact tracing has been done away with, why not ask everyone who tests positive on LFT to isolate? What is the point of another test, exposing the staff to the virus etc?

2 minutes ago, Raffles said:

Not sure I understand the logic in asking people who have tested positive from an LFT at home, being asked to go get a PCR test after that. 

Contact tracing has been done away with, why not ask everyone who tests positive on LFT to isolate? What is the point of another test, exposing the staff to the virus etc?

Has the cessation of contact tracing been announced? 

No Gladys, it's not been announced. But I have 6 positive close contacts and no-one has been contact traced since friday 16 july. Of the 4 friends who tested positive shortly after that date, none have been even contacted to ask about their potential close contacts. 

• Thanks 1