IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Or a local authority. Onchan binmen might die if you don’t double bag your rubbish and quarantine your snotty hankies for 72 hours. Absolute rubbish https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/protect-bin-men-from-virus-plea/

This is up there with the people who still 'quarantine' their post - and spend ages scrubbing every inch of their Tesco trolley with those wipes.   All whilst not wearing a mask.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Exactly I bet no bin man has touched the contents of a bin for about 15 years. It’s straight onto the jib of the wagon and tipped inside. All bagged. But they’re clearly thinking of silly rules to enforce that achieve nothing. 

All Island binmen are a heavily protected species...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just for AC to choke over during lunch - and yet another example of the statistical manipulation pushed out by the 'fear' machine - from DT, so widely loved by the Mirror and Morning Star readers and those that have been gullible enough to actually believe a word from 'the State' since last  March here on the forum.  And of course, it didn't happen here.

screenshot.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Don't read too much into that, though.

A friend in the medical industry, who was double jabbed + 2 a while back. has just recovered from Covid.

He reported that "when I was feeling really ill (a 24 hour period) I was producing negative lateral flow and PCR tests. It was a few days after that positive lateral flow & PCR appeared. My GP tells me they are seeing this in the vaccinated population. Had I not rechecked on home lateral flows twice daily and a second PCR, I would have merrily gone to work last week , or to the shops, travel etc."

So, had he been ill enough to go into hospital, he would have tested negative on arrival.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Just for AC to choke over during lunch - and yet another example of the statistical manipulation pushed out by the 'fear' machine - from DT, so widely loved by the Mirror and Morning Star readers and those that have been gullible enough to actually believe a word from 'the State' since last  March here on the forum.  And of course, it didn't happen here.

screenshot.png

Look, I'm sure there's a very plausible reason for us and likeminded folk like us getting this all wrong all the way through the last 20 months or so.

The obvious one being we are morons, but we already knew that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Don't read too much into that, though.

A friend in the medical industry, who was double jabbed + 2 a while back. has just recovered from Covid.

He reported that "when I was feeling really ill (a 24 hour period) I was producing negative lateral flow and PCR tests. It was a few days after that positive lateral flow & PCR appeared. My GP tells me they are seeing this in the vaccinated population. Had I not rechecked on home lateral flows twice daily and a second PCR, I would have merrily gone to work last week , or to the shops, travel etc."

So, had he been ill enough to go into hospital, he would have tested negative on arrival.

Which makes a mockery of the whole testing regime now. It's not fit for purpose. The IoM government are doing the right thing in scaling everything back and letting things ride their course. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

IOM bank closed again for “cleaning”

When is this madness going to end?  What possible difference do they think closing early to clean is going to make?

Can I claim back from them any money I intended to bank in there and am now likely to spend in the reopened pigeon?

Surely the days of deep cleans every time someone in a building tests positive are long gone? I don’t get it u less they are actually trying to close all branches by stealth?

11 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Surely the days of deep cleans every time someone in a building tests positive are long gone? I don’t get it u less they are actually trying to close all branches by stealth?

They would never do that, not the IOM bank. We need to trust them more -because they have a shelfful load of or m money that haven't been spending these last 18 months, and I want mine back when we fully reopen please. (because I am going to blow an awful lot of it off island😀)

Taking of deep cleans, has anyone seen the state of the floors in Nobles recently.....oo..er..

49 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

When is this madness going to end?  What possible difference do they think closing early to clean is going to make?

Can I claim back from them any money I intended to bank in there and am now likely to spend in the reopened pigeon?

Surely the days of deep cleaning every time someone in a building tests positive are long gone? I don’t get it u less they are actually trying to close all branches by stealth?

Especially as the science now seems to indicate that relentless cleaning is more or less pointless for this virus. It's an airborne respiratory virus spread almost exclusively due to close contact, mostly indoors. It's not going to hang around on an old pen.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Getting a bit silly. Just continue routine cleaning during the day and if you need a deep clean, do it overnight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Only if I can have the money you would have spent in the pigeon while it was closed due to COVID

Just one question for the open it up lot .

Do we think that on the island we have a highly educated political class and high level, and similarly highly educated and competent, civil service advisors who are qualified enough to be going against all other countries in the world and letting it rip through the country?????

Have we? Really have we? Think Moorehen and Cretin....................

Why we ever dropped the test and isolate until negative is one of the biggest questions I have for our MHKs, it was hardly intrusive but sorted most problems.

We have an island full of high spending coach trips from the North West, so that I suppose makes it all right?

We could always build a high security prison if things get really tight?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1