IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

48 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Why are people wasting hours of their lives trying to find a test kit?  I don’t understand?  Truly bizarre behaviour.

Noticed the Tea Junction asking people to take temperatures on entry.  I saw one person use it while I was there.  Everyone else ignored it or turned around and went somewhere else.

Cant wait for the day we just stop testing and crack on.  Hundreds of thousands of pound on stupid kits, loads of hours wasted, staff getting abuse.  All for what? 

To add to that, I don't see the point in Covid passports that the uk keep banging on about. If you are 2+2, fine. If you are not, you are at risk. If you want to go to the football or a nightclub and risk catching Covid from some asymptotic 2+2, that is your decision. Your risk. When the majority are already 2+2, why penalise them to extract the minority whom are seemingly happy to take the risk? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Stop testing. Just test if you're going into hospital. 

The Karen's on Facebook have got a right fetish over LFTs now. 

I have regular hospital appointments, does that count? That’s the exact reason I want one (or two) and I wouldn’t say that’s unreasonable.

20 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Is it not part of social responsibility to test before entering a health care setting? because I wouldn’t say that’s unreasonable?
I’d also rather know I was negative before travelling, partly because I don’t want to spread it and if I was to end up ill I’d rather not end up in a UK hospital.

So when do you propose we stop testing ourselves then? 

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

I have regular hospital appointments, does that count? That’s the exact reason I want one (or two) and I wouldn’t say that’s unreasonable.

Not having a go but a serious question.

When I had to go into nobles recently I needed a PCR test before being admitted.

For routine appointments, blood tests etc I didn’t.

They have already implemented precautions that they feel are appropriate so why the need for personal LFT’s?  

I think it's highly appropriate to stop routine testing but making LFTs available to the Manx public to use as they see fit.

Going to see a vulnerable relative in a care home? Take a test before you go etc.

Just make them available to help us protect those that need protecting.

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

They have already implemented precautions that they feel are appropriate so why the need for personal LFT’s?  

Well in that case, why have them at all? I personally put anything health related at the top of the list to protect both staff and patients, given the choice I’d test before a blood test, I’d test before a dental examination and I’d test before entering a hospital environment or health care setting.

11 minutes ago, Cambon said:

To add to that, I don't see the point in Covid passports that the uk keep banging on about. If you are 2+2, fine. If you are not, you are at risk. If you want to go to the football or a nightclub and risk catching Covid from some asymptotic 2+2, that is your decision. Your risk. When the majority are already 2+2, why penalise them to extract the minority whom are seemingly happy to take the risk? 

Especially when it is now recognised by the WHO and NIH that natural immunity gives you just as much protection, if not better, than the vaccine and the vast majority of the population will now have either. 

I can see why other governments around the world would want to get everyone on a digital register, for various reasons, but it makes no sense here. 

Op-Ed: Quit Ignoring Natural COVID Immunity | MedPage Today

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Well in that case, why have them at all? I personally put anything health related at the top of the list to protect both staff and patients, given the choice I’d test before a blood test, I’d test before a dental examination and I’d test before entering a hospital environment or health care setting.

But why? The staff aren’t testing themselves every time they go to work and neither are the other patients, or the people driving them there, the cleaners etc.

I honestly can’t see the point.  I can see that it might make an individual feel better though, in which case I just checked and testing kits are very easy to but online and to be honest I don’t see why I should be paying for other peoples?

I would rather that money be spent on thousands of other things.  Like nicotine patches to help people come off cigs that increase their risk from COVID, or free fruit and veg for kids.

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

But why? The staff aren’t testing themselves every time they go to work and neither are the other patients, or the people driving them there, the cleaners etc.

I’ve expressed my opinion clearly,  If you disagree with it then let’s agree to disagree, I certainly can’t be arsed toing and froing all afternoon on the subject.

7 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I’ve expressed my opinion clearly,  If you disagree with it then let’s agree to disagree, I certainly can’t be arsed toing and froing all afternoon on the subject.

And he is justified in calling you out on the futility of it. Ultimately you are doing it to make yourself feel better. Which is completely fine, but let's not virtue signal to the world over and over again about it as if it's some kind of rare and gratious noble act. 

2 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Driving home from work at 4pm 3fm news came on nothing about today's numbers, just been on the Manx radio Facebook page no update on today's numbers. Are we finally moving on and the daily reporting of numbers ending? 

Hopefully.

3 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Driving home from work at 4pm 3fm news came on nothing about today's numbers, just been on the Manx radio Facebook page no update on today's numbers. Are we finally moving on and the daily reporting of numbers ending? 

Updated on the dashboard at 1541