IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

But why? The staff aren’t testing themselves every time they go to work and neither are the other patients, or the people driving them there, the cleaners etc.

I honestly can’t see the point.  I can see that it might make an individual feel better though, in which case I just checked and testing kits are very easy to but online and to be honest I don’t see why I should be paying for other peoples?

I would rather that money be spent on thousands of other things.  Like nicotine patches to help people come off cigs that increase their risk from COVID, or free fruit and veg for kids.

Again, agreeing. Make the tests available for £3.50 each. Allow those who want them to get them, and make a bit of money at the same time! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Danoo said:

Or we have a finite pot of money and we have to be careful how we use it, so spending precious time and resources and making sure our testing and scoreboards are 100% accurate isn't really a priority. Throwing endless amounts of money away when the evidence is showing that the collective immunity of the island is weathering COVID quite well now, seems lunacy. Especially considering the inaccuracies of the testing regime.

Really, just give it a rest now. You'll do us and your own heart rate a big favour.

I know we have a finite amount of money, in fact a lot less than you likely realise. (Ask an MHK what ever happened to the Economic Stimulation measures they promised last spring?)

Being unable to keep a simple MS app accurate is just another symptom of total incompetence and lack of giving a sh1t, on the island in the CS/ political class.

If they cant even keep track of simple numbers accurately, what is the chance that their quite unique "Mitigation" policy for all of us is well judged? Or based on intelligent thought?

An example for the CS among our readership.....................

If you walked into a shop that sold say tents and in that shop there was a couple of signs that said "sale, 20% off on all goods". 

You see an item for sale marked up at £100.00 so pick it up and go to the counter, you offer £80.00 cash but the assistant says sorry the price is £85.00 

You challenge them that the correct price is as you offered and they say "That's what the price is, our calculator answer is just a "snapshot" of possible prices" . We have no competition so can charge what we like plus there is a boat in the morning if you don't like it"

I would walk out of a shop like that because they quite clearly don't give a sh1t. We cant just do the same when it comes to the Covid situation.

I don’t know if anyone has seen the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece this evening? Comedy Night on Monday 26/7 at the Manx Legion with 2 Comedians, Ashford and Allinson - A PAG promotion about Covid and Vaccines. Allinson had a heckler - a Brian Potter soundalike - who said that the vaccine was making people become magnetic. I respect people’s views, but seriously both Ashford and Allison don’t come out well. Not a wise decision, no matter how well intended. The audience members would have made mincemeat of Henrietta.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

And they thought it was just online.

Even at the best of times it wouldn't be a good idea.  Whoever sent them out there in the present climate has seriously underestimated public sentiment.

Probably the same advisers who told HQ it was a great idea to visit the Hospice.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

And they thought it was just online.

Even at the best of times it wouldn't be a good idea.  Whoever sent them out there in the present climate has seriously underestimated public sentiment.

It’s all part of their jobs. They did not hide and had the balls to go in the present fevered climate. Imagine if they had declined the invitation, damned if they do, damned if they don’t. They have a lot more integrity than their detractors.

• Haha 1