IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

Being unable to keep a simple MS app accurate is just another symptom of total incompetence and lack of giving a sh1t, on the island in the CS/ political class.

If they cant even keep track of simple numbers accurately, what is the chance that their quite unique "Mitigation" policy for all of us is well judged? Or based on intelligent thought?

If we pull it off then none of it is down to planning or foresight. It is 100% down to the effectiveness of the vaccine and sheer blind luck. 

But you can guarantee Comin will claim it as the result of all their hard work and "we told you it would work". A bit like they took credit for the island becoming 'covid free' last summer. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

And they thought it was just online.

Even at the best of times it wouldn't be a good idea.  Whoever sent them out there in the present climate has seriously underestimated public sentiment.

Headline on manx radio story is Allison saying the vaccine isn't magnetic. It gets more bizarre

5 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Headline on manx radio story is Allison saying the vaccine isn't magnetic. It gets more bizarre

There was a person (nutty anti Vader) on Facebook saying that they could smell a metallic scent from this the newly vaccinated. You couldn’t make this shit up ( except I think  they did)

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It’s all part of their jobs. They did not hide and had the balls to go in the present fevered climate. Imagine if they had declined the invitation, damned if they do, damned if they don’t. They have a lot more integrity than their detractors.

Statistically I guess it had to happen…I agree with you. They’d have been vilified if they’d declined the invitation. I can’t comment as to how they (the Ministers) behaved/their competence at the event itself as I haven’t seen the video, but they were up against it if they were faced with nut jobs who believe that they’ve become magnetic as a consequence of the vaccine. I always thought that the PAG was a somewhat drab and tedious collection of dull worthies. It appears that some of them, or their adherents, are in fact unhinged. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Tell me you’re joking. 😃

There is a clip on MR'S FB page.   Utter nutcase.  Mind you, I have suspected that I have become magnetised since my jabs as the amount of shit I am attracting at the moment is phenomenal. 

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Pathetic really.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=300740368511516

I think if I'd been there I'd have been tempted to have knocked his nose into the back of his head. What an annoying little man.

Annoying does not begin to describe it.

The woman has a scab on her arm.
God knows how she got it. I wouldn’t go anywhere near her

Why didn’t someone have a magnet to hand to test the veracity of her claim?

I might be wrong but weren’t British Legion Clubs established as places where ex servicemen could relax and have a pint? Not as a refuge for lunatics.

29 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Pathetic really.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=300740368511516

I think if I'd been there I'd have been tempted to have knocked his nose into the back of his head. What an annoying little man.

Embarrassing really, and to think these 2 are part of the political elite of island.

It could have been a remake of Phoenix Nights. Having heard the heckler he sounded like the Salesman in Fawlty Towers who wanted to reserve the TV to watch a programme. Comedy Gold, with our Politicos in charge (and still pandering to the masses) …….. and everyone is paying for this. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I might be wrong but weren’t British Legion Clubs established as places where ex servicemen could relax and have a pint? Not as a refuge for lunatics.

It’s an alternative to the Manx Labour Party’s Palace of Varieties. There will be lunatics in both. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Seeing as you always like to be factual, that wasn’t a scab but in fact a small magnet on her arm.

I thought Dr Allinson standing up and not being shouted down to was absolutely brilliant, didn’t raise his voice, didn’t show any aggression or annoyance, he calmly reinforced his message, 100% CM material.