IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Mick West, the debunker's debunker...

How are normally sensible people taken in by it all..? The cheering when that person with a cervix managed to stick that item on her arm was astounding.

WTAF?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Whistleblowing can be defined as “when an employee raises concerns about practices in the workplace” It is not just limited to drawing attention to illegal or dangerous acts.

Public disclosures can be raising issues in the public interest, not just an employee and not just the workplace. Some would have us believe that narrow definition, but it is much much wider than that.

Talk to Julie Edge - she gets it. Talk to Howard Quayle - I think he doesn't want it.

And yet, it could save lives, injuries, distress and of course money.

Let's all do it.😀

I wish I'd been at the PAG meeting on Monday. I would have shown Dr Allinson and Ashie my really clever thumb trick. It's really good. And then there's the 10p behind the ear, that's a real beaut.

The guy on the video with the daft Lancashire accent would have been very impressed with me, I can tell he likes these tricks. My grandad used to do them a lot.

thumbtrickkk.jpg.22c5c3c32c3c94fa4271586e68e43eb2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gladys said:

Not that I am giving them any credence, but ignoring the vaccine, is it even scientifically possible for flesh to become magnetised and, if so, what effects would it have? 

(I fully expect the answer to be "no, and therefore none").

Obviously not but the interesting thing is that people promoting this also use as 'proof' things such as coins which themselves aren't magnets or attracted to magnets.  Even more weirdly they claim this as 'proof' that microchips have been implanted.  When microchip aren't themselves magnetic or attracted to magnets and even if they were, given the tiny size they must be, they would have to be the most powerful magnets in the world for them to have such an effect.

I saw somewhere the statement that the original video that started this nonsense was actually a spoof mocking the loony theories that the anti-vaxxers were coming up with.  Poe's Law kicked into action and  the latter swallowed it whole.

The main characteristic of these people isn't their stupidity, but their gullibility.  They're  basically self-important drama queens and anything that gets them attention is welcomed.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Whistleblowing can be defined as “when an employee raises concerns about practices in the workplace” It is not just limited to drawing attention to illegal or dangerous acts. Say for example, someone continually being given, or taking, sole credit for a group effort.

The Data Protection issue, as has been discussed many times on here before, very much depends on what status you confer on the letter (private or official correspondence )

Please don’t tell me what I do or don’t understand.

What I don't understand is what kind of whistleblowing procedure is this -

• Head of Department receives allegation of poor morale in department.
  • Head of Department to read out allegation at a news conference to score a point against a colleague. 
  • Destroy Allegation
  • Take no further action

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Any news on the massively complex and unforeseen requirement for the NHS app to work or for us to have an equivalent yet?

Obviously they couldn't see this coming back at the start of the year.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/island-residents-forced-into-maltese-quarantine/?fbclid=IwAR19zPBj7JryHDyA8ow5aq0rCZpU2YX8V-q9GsFmdOXHBYTNGpT364G6M2E

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Any news on the massively complex and unforeseen requirement for the NHS app to work or for us to have an equivalent yet?

It says letters available from Manx Care. I can live with that.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

Ha ha, that was quality. 

Currently explaining to a group of my UK colleagues that the video is genuine and not a spoof, they are having none of it.

Do you mean the video taken at the PAG meeting itself or the amended one by Takeover TV.

Because actually, I find them both rather credible.