IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

So, I actually think I might have it.

Double jabbed and all that but feel generally run down, itchy eyes, mild cough, slightly sore throat and a bit cold.

I have stayed at home for a few days since I started to feel a bit meh.

I haven’t done any tests as I just won’t go out until I feel better same as if I had a cold.

What would you all do?  I am getting the Mrs to bring me beer and wine and staying on the sofa for a few days.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

So, I actually think I might have it.

Double jabbed and all that but feel generally run down, itchy eyes, mild cough, slightly sore throat and a bit cold.

I have stayed at home for a few days since I started to feel a bit meh.

I haven’t done any tests as I just won’t go out until I feel better same as if I had a cold.

What would you all do?  I am getting the Mrs to bring me beer and wine and staying on the sofa for a few days.

Just your usual Ramsey manflu then?

Edited by NoTailT

7 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I saw somewhere the statement that the original video that started this nonsense was actually a spoof mocking the loony theories that the anti-vaxxers were coming up with.  Poe's Law kicked into action and  the latter swallowed it whole.

The main characteristic of these people isn't their stupidity, but their gullibility.  They're  basically self-important drama queens and anything that gets them attention is welcomed.

Can someone start a spoof on the penis and breast enlarging side effects?

Might get a few more of them vaccinated then :)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Raffles said:

Can someone start a spoof on the penis and breast enlarging side effects?

Might get a few more of them vaccinated then :)

Not for the same person presumably........

• Haha 1

I see there's a bit of a kerfuffle over on the Isle of Man news and politics Facebook page. Allegedly the ICU patient has been flown off island and a new patient has replaced them in the ICU.

If this is true it wouldn't be the first time that a COVID ICU patient has had to be flown across to the UK (I know of one other instance). It does beg the question though how many patients can we actually treat in ICU; and how many have we flown away?

12 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I see there's a bit of a kerfuffle over on the Isle of Man news and politics Facebook page. Allegedly the ICU patient has been flown off island and a new patient has replaced them in the ICU.

If this is true it wouldn't be the first time that a COVID ICU patient has had to be flown across to the UK (I know of one other instance). It does beg the question though how many patients can we actually treat in ICU; and how many have we flown away?

By your reckoning one!

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

Lovely headlines on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece this afternoon. A Manx Vaccinated couple armed with a Manx Care letter of Vaccination had to quarantine in Malta, as they refused to recognise the letter. The ironic thing is Malta recognition of the Channel Islands and Gibraltar and other islands, letters of vaccination, all except the Isle of Man which they won’t recognise. So if you wish to go away, your taking a gamble. Says wonders of the Isle of Mans Diplomacy and Negotiation Skills, others are more successful. 

Well you should not be be taking a gamble.

I have enormous sympathy with the couple involved. 

But you are advised by the IOM Government to check the conditions of entry into the country you are going to with regard to Covid etc.

The IOM government cannot demand Malta to let our people in  if they don’t want to. Similarly as a sovereign nation we can decide from which jurisdictions from which we will admit double jabbed people in.

The automatic assumption that because Channel Islanders are allowed in to Malta, Manx people should be too is just that, an assumption. One that should not be relied on.

There are all sorts of anomalies and unfair circumstances that this Covid situation has thrown up so you do have to do your research thoroughly before you decide on your destination.

(My hope is that the Maltese Government decide that it is an administrative error and that the IOM should be included with the rest of the Crown Dependencies and receive equal treatment. And that the couple receive proper reparation)

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

But you don’t know the reason why they’ve been flown away? If they have heart problems or cancer being sent to the UK might have absolutely nothing to do with their covid status. Many people in ICU are already ill with other stuff before their covid status is revealed. 

Well the previous case was admitted with COVID then suffered complications and was flown away.

There's no gambling. It's a binary question and answer:

Is the certificate printed by Manx Care / IOMG explicitly valid in the jurisdiction that the traveller seeks to enter ?

I'd really like to know which countries have explicitly stated they will accept the Manx Care / IOMG piece of paper.  Do Manx Care / IOMG have a list?

Are there any countries that have agreed to accept it?

Edited by snowman