IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, snowman said:

There's no gambling. It's a binary question and answer:

Is the certificate printed by Manx Care / IOMG explicitly valid in the jurisdiction that the traveller seeks to enter ?

I'd really like to know which countries have explicitly stated they will accept the Manx Care / IOMG piece of paper.  Do Manx Care / IOMG have a list?

Are there any countries that have agreed to accept it?

Well Malta have apparently agreed to accept the Channel Islands pieces of paper

1 hour ago, Raffles said:

Can someone start a spoof on the penis and breast enlarging side effects?

Might get a few more of them vaccinated then :)

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Not for the same person presumably........

I wouldn't take anything for granted these days... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Well Howie you do like to overstate your importance!

Well first of all I am not “Howie”, assuming quite probably you mean Howard Quayle. 

Which leads on to the question, not being “Howie” can I overstate my importance?

Childish post. I suggest you stick to Facebook. More your audience

23 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Let’s not get into all that again. It’s been done ad infinitum!

Yes and you're still wrong.

13 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Malta has a worse civil service mentality than here. There will be no latitude to interpret anything other than strictly as legally agreed. It’s not really the IOMs fault or problem I’d suggest. Any country is free to tell anyone they don’t want there not to come. 

All countries tend to be fairly legalistic about who they let in.  The problem here is that vaccination certificates are accepted as valid from other places in similar situation to us, but somehow not the Isle of Man. 

That suggests the problem lies with the Isle of Man not Malta.  Some piece of paper hasn't been supplied or e-mail responded to.  Given how closely we are supposed to liaise with the Channel Islands it seems a stupid omission.   The Maltese Minister involved, Chris Fearne, used to work at Alder Hey, so I would imagine he knows where we are.

No doubt all those hordes of people in External Relations were too busy soothing Howie because Manx Radio had been a big meanie that they had no time for relating externally.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well Malta have apparently agreed to accept the Channel Islands pieces of paper

It's not apparently. It's fact. 

Other than failing to state something obvious what is the point you are trying to make ?

34 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Malta has a worse civil service mentality than here. There will be no latitude to interpret anything other than strictly as legally agreed. It’s not really the IOMs fault or problem I’d suggest. Any country is free to tell anyone they don’t want there not to come. 

How many countries have the IOM contacted and said "will you accept our piece of paper?" Which ones?

I'd like to know

53 minutes ago, snowman said:

There's no gambling. It's a binary question and answer:

Is the certificate printed by Manx Care / IOMG explicitly valid in the jurisdiction that the traveller seeks to enter ?

I'd really like to know which countries have explicitly stated they will accept the Manx Care / IOMG piece of paper.  Do Manx Care / IOMG have a list?

Are there any countries that have agreed to accept it?

No.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well first of all I am not “Howie”, assuming quite probably you mean Howard Quayle. 

Which leads on to the question, not being “Howie” can I overstate my importance?

Childish post. I suggest you stick to Facebook. More your audience

I suggest you… well, we all know

Step away from the internet.