IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

45 minutes ago, manxchester said:

It’s not policy, it’s just because there’s nothing on the shelves..

There is an island crisp shortage developing and it needs more media coverage.

Never thought I would live in a world where the crisp shelves were empty.

Would rather deal with Brexit and COVID again than live a life without Walkers.

It’s going to be a tough Sunday in front of the F1 with no Cheese and Oniony Crispy delights.

#dontmakemeeatanapple

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

There is an island crisp shortage developing and it needs more media coverage.

Never thought I would live in a world where the crisp shelves were empty.

Would rather deal with Brexit and COVID again than live a life without Walkers.

Crisps are like toilet rolls, it doesn't take many items to fill up a shelf or many to be bought to empty one.  So they're always the first to be empty even in normal times.

And of course you will have to deal with Brexit and Covid again - they don't go away no matter how hard you shut your eyes.  It's just that now you'll have to do so in the absence of potato-based smacks.  Which absence itself is caused by Brexit and Covid and the incompetence of the UK Government is dealing with them.

23 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

The NHS figures have been published for the past month in England of people in hospital with vs due to COVID.

As it stands, it's about 77% because of COVID.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-hospital-activity/

I would imagine that for a relatively small place like the IoM, we could produce accurate figures for those hospitalised for other reasons but tested positive once admitted but without symptoms? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Max Power said:

would imagine that for a relatively small place like the IoM, we could produce accurate figures for those hospitalised for other reasons but tested positive once admitted but without symptoms? 

Again though it is abut confidentiality. We are too small to handle the information. I know of two people admitted in the last day or so as emergencies so any announcement on Covid would automatically inform me of their clinical state.

Not sure that is fair really.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, germann said:

The dashboard is showing an additional death. 

Same in Guernsey today.

Sincere condolences to anyone who loses a friend or family member but it does happen millions of times everyday world wide.

I will get called out for being heartless but there have been several other deaths on island this week.

Every death is awful for those close to it, but we can’t stop them all and if we did we would have a whole heap of other issues.

• Like 4