IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

36 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:
6 hours ago, BenFairfax said:

. What I can say for sure if we went into strict lockdown 26th until 2nd; in accordance with our agreed mitigation to the events occurring in the IoM.

Could you please finish this sentence so it makes sense?

This is what I don't understand about this individual.

He's making up all this insanely (supposedly) intelligent number modelling (which I think is a load of sssshh-ITE) yet he can't string a basic sentence together and then when apprehended claims it to be autocorrect 🤣

When my phone autocorrects sentences in the hopes of making me look like an imbecile I tend to go back on myself and make sure all is in order. (just as I have done with this post) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

While I don't agree with the caution the EAG have expressed I don't think they deserve any shit. This is a bad take.

I'm not giving them any shit. You've gone off the deep end there in your attempt to make a point. 

1 minute ago, Danoo said:

I'm not giving them any shit. You've gone off the deep end there in your attempt to make a point. 

He's probably smoked about 4 billy's today prior to making an assessment of your behaviour so I'd take him with a pinch of salt. 

6 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I have heard that people are actually being told by 111, after a positive LFT, just to isolate for 10 days and not to have a PCR test. The problem with this is that there is no legal obligation on them to isolate. 

Hiding the issue is not dealing with it.

What's the issue? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I have heard that people are actually being told by 111, after a positive LFT, just to isolate for 10 days and not to have a PCR test. The problem with this is that there is no legal obligation on them to isolate. 

Hiding the issue is not dealing with it.

The time for legal obligations to miss work and disrupt the economy, families, livelihoods and lives of people who are trying to get back to normal is gone. We're now living with COVID, we are not building society around it anymore. 

Edited by Danoo

So a genuine question that I haven't seen answered anywhere. 

How will we know if/when the Isle of Man hits herd immunity? 

What will be the signs that it's happened? Cases won't dry up and people will still be going to hospital as Covid is now endemic. 

I'm genuinely interested in real world examples and not the diatribe of Glover and Fairfax.

1 minute ago, AlanShimmin said:

So a genuine question that I haven't seen answered anywhere. 

How will we know if/when the Isle of Man hits herd immunity? 

What will be the signs that it's happened? Cases won't dry up and people will still be going to hospital as Covid is now endemic. 

I'm genuinely interested in real world examples and not the diatribe of Glover and Fairfax.

i guess when covid admissions to hossy are similar to what flu admissions were.

19 minutes ago, WTF said:

i guess when covid admissions to hossy are similar to what flu admissions were.

Surely if we continue to test everyone on admission, there will always be people being admitted with COVID even if they don't know it.

Good question, I was actually wondering the same and would have call manninline to ask DA if I had been free.

When do we just accept that lots of people have it and stop testing?

• Like 2