IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 minutes ago, snowman said:

He decided not to get vaccinated.

I see that wasn't reported

What is the point of the rest of us all being double vaccinated if people aren’t prepared to do so themselves & hold us back by complaining when they fall ill?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

To my mind it does yes. If someone had been properly vaccinated they may well not have even ended up in hospital in the first place. 

In the real world though it doesn't.

Yes, he has made a poor choice but IF his observations are correct then the Govt are being disingenuous with us 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

To my mind it does yes. If someone had been properly vaccinated they may well not have even ended up in hospital in the first place. 

From looking at him I would say it's likely he's in an at risk group so was likely to be susceptible to a number of illnesses.

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Well everyone is presumed recovered from Covid after 9 days now, so any admissions after that date wouldn’t be classed as Covid would they? and you wouldn’t stick someone with long Covid symptoms back into a Covid positive ward.

Either way an official statement will now need to be made, do they have enough capacity or don’t they?

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Well everyone is presumed recovered from Covid after 9 days now, so any admissions after that date wouldn’t be classed as Covid would they? and you wouldn’t stick someone with long Covid symptoms back into a Covid positive ward.

Either way an official statement will now need to be made, do they have enough capacity or don’t they?

They would surely still test on admission rather than presuming recovery

6 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

In the real world though it doesn't.

Yes, he has made a poor choice but IF his observations are correct then the Govt are being disingenuous with us 

We want to know as ‘good’ citizens (the ones who’ve taken up the vaccinations, protected the public by lateral flow testing & isolating our children, having our lives put on hold for twenty months) who when these cases are reported had not decided to vaccinate.

I don’t want names, ages or their gender, just did they take the jab or not?

….. and I’m not listening to this couldn’t have it ‘cos I’ve got hayfever or some other bollocks.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Fortunately for us, we have a guy on the inside. I’m sure @wrightycan put some more meat on the bones in regards this “hell” that Peel Tommy refers to …….

However, the big question should be - do we believe a patient currently fighting for his life or a surgeon at the thick end of it (who Ashy might have got at).

Not wise to make public accusations like that in writing. 

11 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

No it isn’t the real world. In the real world people are being told to vaccinate themselves to protect themselves and others. That’s the real world. People don’t get vaccinated for a number of reasons and that’s fine. But if he’s an anti vaxxer now burning hospital resources and moaning about how over stretched they are then I’m sorry but you conciously added to the problem pal by not getting vaccinated. If you’d have had your vaccine you could well have been sat in your bed at home watching Netflix. 

The reality is that there are very few reasons not to vaccinate. On the Island probably no more than a few hundred medically advised not to vaccinate. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, snowman said:

He says he's covid free and then goes on to say he's still here and fighting for his life 

No he doesn't. He says he is deemed to be Covid free. Big difference. Also, the information about being vaccinated, apart from being confidential medical information, might be inaccurate or about not being able to be vaccinated. 

The two sad deaths really seemed to have wound everyone up on here, particularly those who still think this is all over.

It isn't and the impact will be with us for a very long time from here on in. Not scaremongering - just fact. 

Time to think globally and not just about our own backyard maybe. Meanwhile have to get on with it as best we can. No-one is safe until everyone is safe.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

There should be two COVID wards.

The one they are using now should be for people who were vaccinated when offered or who are not qualifying for a vaccine or able to have it for a legitimate reason.  This ward should be fully staffed.

There should be another for people who CHOSE not to be vaccinated, staffed purely by other anti vaxxers on a voluntary basis and located near to the hospital.  Maybe down at Tels or somewhere.

These idiots should be given one last chance to come forward.  Sickens me that normal people’s lives could have further restrictions imposed on them at some point or people could miss out on vital care because idiots end up clogging up the hospital.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Fortunately for us, we have a guy on the inside. I’m sure @wrightycan put some more meat on the bones in regards this “hell” that Peel Tommy refers to …….

However, the big question should be - do we believe a patient currently fighting for his life or a surgeon at the thick end of it (who Ashy might have got at).

I've not been got at, why would I have been?  The noise I generally hear from the top brass about my MF activities is 'keep doing what you're doing'.  I like to think my posts are generally factual, honest and balanced.  I'm happy to be critical of government if criticism is deserved, but certainly don't just go off on a rant about how everything they do is rubbish, because it isn't.

As far as I can tell the ward is not full - I haven't been on it personally, but according to the hospital bed state there are several empty beds.  I doubt the accuracy of the chap in the 3FM report saying the person in the next bed to him was on a ventilator - possibly CPAP or NIV, but what most of us think of as 'ventilated' is on ITU with a tube down your throat.  That wouldn't be done on a regular ward.

The government is not lying about the stats.  It's irrelevant whether the odd patient drops off the end of the list because his test was more than 10 days ago - that's just a dashboard figure and the only way of doing it without trying to count all 1000+ cases manually - he'll still be being treated as a covid patient, with all the support he needs, whether he's been vaccinated or not.  The health service does not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, religion, having made poor life choices, BMI etc.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Apple said:

Time to think globally and not just about our own backyard maybe. Meanwhile have to get on with it as best we can. No-one is safe until everyone is safe.

Exactly.  Never, so no point stressing about it to much.

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Like 2