IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

I know plenty of people who work at the hospital who say it’s all fine.  So who do you believe?

Personally I am going to go with the friends and relatives I have known and trusted for 30-40 plus years.

When they start talking about nightmare days at work and a hospital that is struggling I will believe them.

Another harsh but real point.  If people want to know the vaccine status of those in nobles, what about asking the average BMI and age as well?

Quite. I don’t believe the nurses would lie about a ”cover up”. 

2 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

The issue, as I view the matter, is whether the Government is being open and frank with the numbers it is stating are in hospital that are covid related.  If this guy is correct then they are somewhat mis leading.

As if they would lie and run the huge risk of it coming out.

The criteria are very clearly communicated to everyone

Edited by Ramseyboi

28 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

They would surely still test on admission rather than presuming recovery

I don’t actually know what the criteria is for testing on admission, If you know someone has tested Covid positive say 14 days it wouldn’t be worth testing them again, but if someone is admitted with breathing difficulties you’d suspect Covid and test? I know they were testing for routine ops, but they aren’t going to test someone rushed in through A&E until they’ve been patched up?

7 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

And of course anti vaxxers see conspiracies in everything. Perhaps like claiming that government is fudging the numbers here?

Not necessarily just anti vaxxers.  I don't believe the government are capable of handling and communicating accurate information. They always have their own agenda, which seems to change a lot.

The hospital is not being overrun. What does seem to be happening though is reflected by comments  on here -that communications, planning and explanations of what is going on and why doesn't seem to be happening. 

Apparently now the so many more Directors and their Deputies and Executives and more managers than ever it all gets a bit confusing when you are being bombarded with emails from them. 

Managing by email never works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Think about what exactly?

For example - the WHO are calling yesterday that instead of vaccinating younger people or boosters that some of these vaccines be directed to poorer countries like Africa where some have not even had their first jabs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

He's one of the Living Hope lot. Believed god, not the vaccine, would keep him safe.

He'll now say this this was a test of his faith.

Meanwhile the church leaders got vaccinated and he's still gullible enough to give them 10% of what he earns.

Credible source? No!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Apple said:

For example - the WHO are calling yesterday that instead of vaccinating younger people or boosters that some of these vaccines be directed to poorer countries like Africa where some have not even had their first jabs.

If the vaccines are needed here then they're going to be used here. 

1 minute ago, AlanShimmin said:

If the vaccines are needed here then they're going to be used here. 

Then a lot of people will die at the expense of saving others not at significant risk. 

And:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/island-charities-may-be-close-to-the-edge-after-covid-19/

This is not good news for those who believe that our statutory services need to include and be propped up by volunteer and charity groups. 

I have kept up my donations but to be honest maybe I ned to reconsider that in my own best interest now.

1 hour ago, Hmmmm said:

The issue, as I view the matter, is whether the Government is being open and frank with the numbers it is stating are in hospital that are covid related.  If this guy is correct then they are somewhat mis leading.

Will have to join the queue if you are expecting a point by point rebuttal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

There should be two COVID wards.

The one they are using now should be for people who were vaccinated when offered or who are not qualifying for a vaccine or able to have it for a legitimate reason.  This ward should be fully staffed.

There should be another for people who CHOSE not to be vaccinated, staffed purely by other anti vaxxers on a voluntary basis and located near to the hospital.  Maybe down at Tels or somewhere.

These idiots should be given one last chance to come forward.  Sickens me that normal people’s lives could have further restrictions imposed on them at some point or people could miss out on vital care because idiots end up clogging up the hospital.

Okay.

What about the people that are seriously concerned about longer term side effects of the vaccine though.

I know people in their 20's (similar age to me) who are SERIOUSLY concerned about inter alia fertility issues that could potentially arise due to the lack of knowledge around mid-long term side effects.

It's alright for the 40/50/60 year old bitter men of Manx Forums to sit back and fire shots at everybody who's decided not to take their vaccine because it might effect their ability to travel to the UK to play Golf or get a special massage from a young oriental bird.

But there is a matrix of UNANSWERED questions around implications of these vaccines that really are imperative to be answered to a lot of the younger generation. 

And before you fucking start, yes I am double jabbed and not some kind of anti-vaxxer.

There is a difference between being an anti-vaxxer and wanting to make informed decisions that could have implications on the rest of your life, be it minor or major. 

Edited by Hugh G Rection
added S onto the end of a word and clarified sentence as so to show I am not worried about fertility issues personally
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hugh G Rection said:

Okay.

What about the people that are seriously concerned about longer term side effects of the vaccine though.

I know people in their 20's like me who are SERIOUSLY concerned about inter alia fertility issues that could potentially arise due to the lack of knowledge around mid-long term side effects.

It's alright for the 40/50/60 year old bitter men of Manx Forums to sit back and fire shots at everybody who's decided not to take their vaccine because it might effect their ability to travel to the UK to play Golf or get a special massage from a young oriental bird - and I understand it, because some of you are past it.

But there is a matrix of UNANSWERED questions around implications of these vaccines that really are imperative to be answered to a lot of the younger generation. 

And before you fucking start, yes I am double jabbed and not some kind of anti-vaxxer.

There is a difference between being an anti-vaxxer and wanting to make informed decisions that could have implications on the rest of your life, be it minor or major. 

What makes you think that the vaccines authorised under the emergency use provisions are going to affect your swimmers?

And what’s the effect of catching Covid going to have on them?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

What makes you think that the vaccines authorised under the emergency use provisions are going to affect your swimmers?

And what’s the effect of catching Covid going to have on them?

It's not me personally, It's colleagues/friends/family friends who can't find any concrete evidence from any source. 

I put a question to you, can you GUARANTEE the COVID vaccines are safe and won't have any major long-term side effects on the general population?

Can you back up your claims with evidence of long-term tests and surveillance of side-effects in a range of individuals? 

Can you then justify the risk on an otherwise young healthy individual to take the vaccine over them catching COVID and most likely just having a sniffly nose or a cold? 

As I say, I am DOUBLE JABBED. I am not an anti-vaxxer or conspiracy theorist, I am genuinely just looking for PROOF. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Danoo said:

But it is like the flu, statistically. Sure there will always be outliers and individual cases to highlight but we’re reaching a level of herd immunity now across society and our health service is coping, let’s keep things in perspective. 

Yes. Prof. Cahill and Dr. Tenpenny are among many doctors to have highlighted this. Sites on which links to such information can be found include http://tapnewswire.com/ 

Bear in mind that paid 'influencers' are active online to push the puppet government and controlled media Covid scaremongering and vax agenda. In contrast, people like ourselves are not telling others what to think. We are encouraging them to think for themselves with reference to facts offered by independent medical experts.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1