IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Totally agree but I doubt it will happen. 

Too many people on nice little earners (overtime etc) who will insist the restrictions are essential to prevent societal collapse.

More likely to cause it, though! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

But he made himself look stupid in the process as the answer was obvious. He doesn’t seem to get the concept of GDPR and the right to be anonymous. They can’t give information that might point back to one person in a small community and both Quayle and Ashford told him why very clearly several times. Yet he still just kept on asking the same daft question about five times. 

Moulton should be replaced!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Moulton should be replaced!

26 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Unfortunately I agree, the man is a total wally who just asks the sort of questions they could have a 12 year old at Ballakermeen repetitively ask. 

You underestimate the intelligence and articulation of the average 12 year old from Balla. You insult them by equating Moulton to them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Howie stated at a later question that because of lateral flow testing, we were finding many more cases than we would have during the march outbreak, due to the amount of asymtomatic people they were picking up? I thought near enough every case now as reported by the dashboard was symptomatic? 

They are. The man shouldn't ever go off script.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Everyone missed HQ's slip up.  When pointing out to Dr E that she had mistakenly said 80k were unvaccinated, rather than 8k, I am sure he pointed out her "fraudulent slip".  Pure gold. 

I thought he said “freudulent” slip. Which is even funnier.

I also heard the our esteemed health minister talk about a situation being “exasperated” yesterday on the radio. 

neither of them should be allowed to speak in public. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Itsmeee said:

I thought he said “freudulent” slip. Which is even funnier.

I also heard the our esteemed health minister talk about a situation being “exasperated” yesterday on the radio. 

neither of them should be allowed to speak in public. 

No.  Not being an intellectual snob, but these are very basic mistakes.  We can all slip up when writing or speaking but it is almost without fail that there is a gargantuan gaff.  It really makes you question how much intellectual process is actually brought to bear. 

DA says he has read this report or that paper on various aspects, but reading, understanding and interpreting what you read is a very different thing.  

These people are in charge of our lives, health and wellbeing.  I really hope we have a better crop in September. 

On a positive though, DA seems more comfortable with Pfizer, but not quite ready to leave the bathroom door open. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Everyone missed HQ's slip up.  When pointing out to Dr E that she had mistakenly said 80k were unvaccinated, rather than 8k, I am sure he pointed out her "fraudulent slip".  Pure gold. 

I didn’t miss it. 

But I don’t think it was worth really mentioning.

Is that really the sort of thing that amuses you and causes you to slap your knees and have a good belly laugh?

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I didn’t miss it. 

But I don’t think it was worth really mentioning.

Is that really the sort of thing that amuses you and causes you to slap your knees and have a good belly laugh?

No, it saddens me, but then I have a little cynical chuckle. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:
4 hours ago, Apple said:

Will be or has been. Has he not made his mind up yet?

Everyone knows it is both. What’s your point?

I think what was his point is more important. 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

No.  Not being an intellectual snob, but these are very basic mistakes.  We can all slip up when writing or speaking but it is almost without fail that there is a gargantuan gaff.

I’ll say it - snobbery or not; these people are ignoramuses. They’re stupid. They don’t know the meaning or context of the words they use. ‘Hyper-bowl’… ‘fraudulent slip’…’exasperated’ when he meant ‘exacerbated’. People like the Voice of Reason (yes, the same person who considers the Cosy Nook to be a ‘beautiful building’) seem to believe that these are incidental matters and that we are unkind to point them out. They fundamentally are not incidental. They reveal the incapacity of our ‘leaders’; the depth of their ignorance, the failure of their communication. They embarrass us all with their pontificating foolishness - Ashford and his ‘expertise’ in respect of pandemic matters conveyed to PAC. They need to be swept away. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4