IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, wrighty said:

And, fraudulent, fraudulent or Freudian? I don’t think any of those words correctly describes Dr Ewart’s 8000/80000 slip - that was just a slip of the tongue, something which can happen to anyone when public speaking (see James Naughtie’s example of metathesis over Jeremy Hunt, Culture Secretary)

It may not have been metathesis - simply a statement of fact.

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes I am (was) unfamiliar with the word “ overweening “ but I feel no sense in shame at that.

Howard Quayle’s performance during the Paradise Papers incident was not brilliant I agree but he has certainly learnt from that and has equipped him better to deal with the far more serious threat of Covid 19

Please feel free to disengage with any debate with me. Rarely from your side has it been genuine or serious, rather more just mud slinging at our elected representatives.

Not mud slinging old chum, merely accurate (and I grant you frequent) highlighting of their general inability and failure to recognize their own limitations. (And when, therefore to rely on the skills and knowledge of others). Our political leadership are sadly lacking in self-awareness and seem preternaturally opposed to recognizing when it’s time to say ‘I don’t have the answer, let’s establish who does’.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

mud slinging at our elected representatives

Your long-term defence of our political class is legend and your ability (and willingness) to defend the indefensible is admirable were it not for the fact that, for very good reason, I have consistently assessed these people as hardly able to run a parish council let alone a 'nation'.

The tragedy is that these 'ignoramuses' have even been elected, let alone given power and influence that in their normal, pre-political lives, they would not come within a million light years of ever achieving.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Ok then.

while I understand you, have you met “the electorate”?

Yes. All of my friends, acquaintances and colleagues are drawn from the electorate.

5 hours ago, Ann said:

Is French Virologist and Nobel Prize Winner Luc Montagnier a conspiracy theorist?

In the view of this esteemed doctor, the vaccination is creating the variants. https://stateofthenation.co/?p=66073

He was associating with the crowd blaming vaccination for autism a decade ago. Hardly the forefront of actual science.

https://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2010/11/23/luc-montagnier-the-nobel-disease-strikes

Just now, Uhtred said:

Yes. All of my friends, acquaintances and colleagues are drawn from the electorate.

Then I feel you might need to get out more.

As sad as it is I reckon at least half of “the electorate “ wouldn’t have a clue what unambiguous means.

Sad, but true.

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Then I feel you might need to get out more.

As sad as it is I reckon at least half of “the electorate “ wouldn’t have a clue what unambiguous means.

Sad, but true.

In which case we need to beef up our performance in teaching English.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So, 4 covid deaths in 4 days. 

Our politicians were advised were they not by the  EAG recently. Did they do as the EAG recommended.?

Or were they being blasé?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He’s explained that.

Yes I know.

His explanation is actually why the shredding incident will follow him throughout the rest of his political career and beyond.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1