IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Nope, it’s to protect the wardens, who live there for a big chunk of the year, and for whom medical evacuation is rather troublesome and possibly weather dependent.

Give over!

How many people have needed emergency treatment with absolutely no warning as a result of COVID?

How many people have needed emergency treatment with no warning as a result of falling on a footpath?

How many people have needed emergency treatment with no warning as a result of heart attack?

maybe we should all just live at the hospital just in case?

4 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Give over!

How many people have needed emergency treatment with absolutely no warning as a result of COVID?

How many people have needed emergency treatment with no warning as a result of falling on a footpath?

How many people have needed emergency treatment with no warning as a result of heart attack?

Aye!! Maybe the good doctor is just defending advice her little medical group gave?

Edited by NoTailT

17 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Nope, it’s to protect the wardens, who live there for a big chunk of the year, and for whom medical evacuation is rather troublesome and possibly weather dependent.

So why is the requirement not to test overnight visitors then? I know a number of people who have had both jabs and still had COVID. Any double jabbed visitor could still be unwittingly increasing the risk to wardens. 

9 minutes ago, Danoo said:

So why is the requirement not to test overnight visitors then? I know a number of people who have had both jabs and still had COVID. Any double jabbed visitor could still be unwittingly increasing the risk to wardens. 

Glad to see some people talking sense.

What a truly tragic fucking Island we live on governed and advised by wannabes. 

Been watching some small segments of Guernsey COVID briefings.

What a fucking world apart in professionalism and the ability to erm...SPEAK.

They also don't spend their time speaking whilst staring at a piece of paper. 

Fantastic. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rachomics said:

OK ,one’s immediate reaction is that it seems OTT , but the above is a valid point.

Additionally, the situation  to consider is   one of unknown guests, possibly a series of guests, coming to stay the night/nights in a house which as I recall is not spacious.

Given the present situation, I think I would prefer to know my guests had been vaccinated.

28 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I know quite a few people who have required non Covid A and E attendance. But of course, the plan is to try and reduce the demand on the hospital during this time of anticipated heightened need.

40 minutes ago, rachomics said:

It's a reasonable precaution and I suspect not really an issue for those of us not planning to go there soon. Ah well, another stick to beat someone up with. Where would Manx Forums be without these moving targets.

Edited by Apple

1 minute ago, Danoo said:

The wardens should have been vaccinated as well for the obvious reason that you minimise the chances of any medical emergency when you are in that situation[1].  But it's not just the wardens who would be at risk, it's especially any unvaccinated guests.  The accommodation is hostel-style and small, so if anyone catches anything, it'll get passed on.  And as Rachel says, you don't want to have a medical emergency on the Calf - it can sometimes be difficult enough getting on and off in normal circumstances.

[1]  I'm assuming (perhaps optimistically) that the system might allow people in such vulnerable positions to possibly get vaccinated out of turn for their age group.  But given how badly they dealt with the Steam Packet, maybe not.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

The wardens should have been vaccinated as well for the obvious reason that you minimise the chances of any medical emergency when you are in that situation[1].  But it's not just the wardens who would be at risk, it's especially any unvaccinated guests.  The accommodation is hostel-style and small, so if anyone catches anything, it'll get passed on.  And as Rachel says, you don't want to have a medical emergency on the Calf - it can sometimes be difficult enough getting on and off in normal circumstances.

[1]  I'm assuming (perhaps optimistically) that the system might allow people in such vulnerable positions to possibly get vaccinated out of turn for their age group.  But given how badly they dealt with the Steam Packet, maybe not.

Blah blah

If you actually look at the likelihood of someone needing a medical evacuation as a result of COVID it would be way down the list of risks, far below things they do everyday - like walking on uneven paths.

Best just to close the calf and pretty much everything else then, in case anyone ever hurts themselves or becomes ill.

Absolute madness the way people are over reacting to this now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yes I get all that, but if you are going to implement a policy for the reasons you have highlighted above then do it properly or not at all. 

@Roger Mexico

Good morning Roger.

Thanks for that explanation, even though it is all in the press article for everyone to read and take note of.

Perhaps it would be useful to also try and explain how people can boil an egg, or make a sandwich, or even walk in a straight line. With diagrams of course.

There could be a lot off money in teaching people how to make sense of the flipping obvious.

Good luck.😀

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Isn't there a thread called pot calling kettle black somewhere......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Blah blah

If you actually look at the likelihood of someone needing a medical evacuation as a result of COVID it would be way down the list of risks, far below things they do everyday - like walking on uneven paths.

Best just to close the calf and pretty much everything else then, in case anyone ever hurts themselves or becomes ill.

He says, completely overreacting again

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

That could happen anywhere in the IOM. Let’s be honest it’s only us lot who are cracking on with it. Government and local authorities themselves are bringing in ludicrous rules to protect their own workers but they won’t even force anyone else to wear a mask in Tescos when mixing with hundreds of people. Which is ironic when unlike private businesses government can just pay its own workers to stay at home if anyone actually catches anything. Do they really think the Calf Warden will have to stop his grass cutting duties and have to be medi-vacked out of the Calf by RAF helicopter if someone who hasn’t had two jabs is allowed to set foot on the Calf? It’s ludicrous. 

I know of various government departments flat out refusing almost to let staff work from home.