IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

It's watching Darwinism live in action

Unfortunately they aren’t bright enough to realise that they are actually putting others at increased risk as well.

I would call it selfish, but not sure it can be selfish when they genuinely don’t appear to be bright enough to do the basic maths.

Asking if those who have died were jabbed or not just highlights their total lack of understanding and basic intelligence.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Or lazy

I thought I covered that in my previous post 😁

"pussies, slackers, imbeciles, conspiracy theorists or govt workers (which mostly cover the aforementioned)"

56 minutes ago, Hugh G Rection said:

"Get a grip" says everything there is to know about you. 

A dismissive approach and a complete disregard for the concerns of other members of the community. 

Another reason not to go to the office is because SPREAD IS SO LARGE at the moment. DESPITE BEING VACCINATED, YOU CAN STILL CATCH COVID. Why would some people want to needlessly take the risk when they can do exactly the same job at home without commuting and going into the office? 

Are you actually that fucking thick you can't see the bigger picture. Office staff should have the CHOICE as they can do the same job at home. Some professions can't, that's their problem. 

CNN have just sacked 3 staff for going into office unvaccinated, USA have mandated that all Government employees must be vaccinated or get sacked.

France, Italy & Ireland, New York have said no jabs no entry to indoor hospitality etc, UK introducing for nightclubs soon & football.

Anti vaxxers will soon come around if they can’t go to pub, football, theatres etc 

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

CNN have just sacked 3 staff for going into office unvaccinated, USA have mandated that all Government employees must be vaccinated or get sacked.

France, Italy & Ireland, New York have said no jabs no entry to indoor hospitality etc, UK introducing for nightclubs soon & football.

Anti vaxxers will soon come around if they can’t go to pub, football, theatres etc 

We all know it's going to become mandatory by proxy.

Your freedoms will be completely eroded through non-compliance. Wrong ... but that's how it's going.

• Like 2

It's good to see some light-hearted actual discussion going on in here for once now. 

And not a load of shitty R number discussion and mathematical models.

You've all come alive this is class. 

If I was on the fence they could do everything they wanted to try and coerce me into having a jab by proxy and I would still stand by not having it. 

If they made it mandatory for all staff to have it in my place of work in that instance I would be unemployed.

Luckily I'm 2+2, the magic solution to the pandemic! 

Edited by Hugh G Rection

5 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

We all know it's going to become mandatory by proxy.

Your freedoms will be completely eroded through non-compliance. Wrong ... but that's how it's going.

I remember Nom you weren't on board with getting jab but said you would in the case of it being absolutely essential for travel.

Out of curiosity, did you end up having it?

Or can you not tell us as it's identifiable information. 

46 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

That’s just plain ridiculous and doesn’t mean that you get the right to work from home for the rest of your life when people who have been vaccinated are happy to go in to work. Just listened to the Mannin Line today and honestly I’m amazed that so many vaccine crackpots live on this island. 

Yeah there's plenty of Vaccine crackpots. The ones that think it's some form of evil tracking injection are just plantpots.

BUT

I will constantly encourage people to be able to make their own decisions. If somebody is in good health fighting fit and whatnot and decided for purely personal reasons alone after doing responsible research not to have the vaccine, that's fine and I don't think they should be berated for that. People on here seem to think they should be. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh G Rection said:

I will constantly encourage people to be able to make their own decisions. If somebody is in good health fighting fit and whatnot and decided for purely personal reasons alone after doing responsible research not to have the vaccine, that's fine and I don't think they should be berated for that. People on here seem to think they should be. 

I know a few like this.  Not a problem, it's their choice and if they've done proper research then fine.  It's the quite clear crackpots that should be berated. 

Although I would still be very reticent about the vax during pregnancy.  In my opinion, not enough babies born since mum was jabbed to make any real judgement.  Although reports suggest getting covid during late stage pregnancy can be very dangerous to both.  Very tricky situation, thank god I'm not pregnant..... remember thalidamide? 

I know a couple of pregnant people that have effectively gone into isolation.  I think this is probably a wise choice. 

• Confused 1

Just now, The Phantom said:

I know a few like this.  Not a problem, it's their choice and if they've done proper research then fine.  It's the quite clear crackpots that should be berated. 

Although I would still be very reticent about the vax during pregnancy.  In my opinion, not enough babies born since mum was jabbed to make any real judgement.  Although reports suggest getting covid during late stage pregnancy can be very dangerous to both.  Very tricky situation, thank god I'm not pregnant..... remember thalidamide? 

I know a couple of pregnant people that have effectively gone into isolation.  I think this is probably a wise choice. 

I think we can come to an agreement on this one. 

Do you think it's worrying with the recent approach on Social Media directed from Director of Public Health and Midwives to categorically state how beneficial it is regardless of the fact there's a significant lack of real-world research around the implications? 

Thalidamide was a seriously tragic state of affairs.

And absolutely can understand pregnant women taking the approach . 

1 minute ago, Hugh G Rection said:

Do you think it's worrying with the recent approach on Social Media directed from Director of Public Health and Midwives to categorically state how beneficial it is regardless of the fact there's a significant lack of real-world research around the implications? 

Yep