IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, The Central Scrutiniser said:

Polite question. Why will non QR vaccine  documentation no longer be acceptable come September?

That’s the date the EU QR e-pass system is slated to be fully operational. A few countries may offer paper and bar code alternatives, for a while. But UK has a digital QR system. It’s compatible. It’s just us, no QR and scrappy .docx letters with nothing. 

The QR scan doesn’t download and retain your personal biometric info. It does contain a security identifier that links back to the state and vaccination centre.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

As you say, the entire situation is a complete goat fuck. I am due to travel to Bilbao mid September. 2 of us are Manx,   2 English. I don't trust Manx Care to provide a PCR result on time before the ferry leaves. Too risky. Tricky anyway as we leave IOM Sunday for the Monday evening sailing to Spain. 

Edited by The Central Scrutiniser

11 minutes ago, The Central Scrutiniser said:

As you say, the entire situation is a complete goat fuck. I am due to travel to Bilbao mid September. 2 of us are Manx,   2 English. I don't trust Manx Care to provide a PCR result on time before the ferry leaves. Too risky. Tricky anyway as we leave IOM Sunday for the Monday evening sailing to Spain. 

Similar travel plans for us. I don't trust the IOM PCR or vac letter to be recognised, so we will end up doing Chronomics lateral flow if the qr code isn't working. Fallback is a rapid antigen at Boots. Both of which will be much more familiar to check in staff. We've had to allow more time in UK to get a test done if necessary.

Edited by snowman

But we are an independent nation so we will do our own thing.

i.e...........

Its not the Mainland its the adjoining isle.

We have had a parliament for over 1,000 years. etc . etc etc.

If you don't like our proof of vaccination letter, which I will have you know was typed, Mr Foreigner then there Is A Boat in The Morning, gringo......

We cant just piggy back on the UK because we are too important for that.

Well that's what the MHKs involved and their tame CS keep telling themselves anyway....................

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Central Scrutiniser said:

I’m travelling 15/9, IOM HEY and Portsmouth Bilbao. Same issue. I’m intending to book my paid for Manx Care travel PCR for just after midday on 14/9, boarding at Portsmouth is 22.00 on 15/9. Arrival Spain is 07.45 on 17/9 - well within the 72 hours. 

Last time I did it I did a 6 hour same day PCR in Liverpool costing £289. 

36 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’m travelling 15/9, IOM HEY and Portsmouth Bilbao. Same issue. I’m intending to book my paid for Manx Care travel PCR for just after midday on 14/9, boarding at Portsmouth is 22.00 on 15/9. Arrival Spain is 07.45 on 17/9 - well within the 72 hours. 

Last time I did it I did a 6 hour same day PCR in Liverpool costing £289. 

Rapid antigen test is ok for pre departure to Spain. Quicker result and cheaper

15 minutes ago, John Wright said:

However my timing isn’t conducive.

You're timing is ok with this.

"As an overview of the process - once you’ve taken your sample and mixed it with the liquid solution provided, you’ll need to place a couple of drops onto the lateral flow device (also included) which will give you a result within 15-20mins. You’ll then just need to upload a photo of your test result so we can verify it before we’ll automatically produce a certificate that can be used for travel."

https://www.chronomics.com/covid-rapid-antigen

Edited by snowman

Out of curiosity, I plotted the positivity figures from the dashboard between 16th July and now.

That is, the proportion of tests being done that are coming back positive, of the number of tests done on a given day.

For comparison, England's positivity figure peaked at 25% in one area (Hackney and City of London) in the January wave.

It's a good sign that it seems to be dropping, albeit slowly.

image.png.f20e43ce0472cb41b5e8051599c6c7d5.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

I'm having a dim day so can anyone work out how the Headmaster has arrived at the figures quoted? And, are soundbites of this nature really of any use?

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/estimated-91-deaths-and-33000-infections-prevented-thanks-to-vaccine-says-chief-minister/

Guesswork? 

Reads like #Skellyfigures....

6 minutes ago, quilp said:

I'm having a dim day so can anyone work out how the Headmaster has arrived at the figures quoted? And, are soundbites of this nature really of any use?

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/estimated-91-deaths-and-33000-infections-prevented-thanks-to-vaccine-says-chief-minister/

Guesswork? 

Probably by dividing the figures that Public Health England estimated by the UK's population and multiplying it by the Island's population.