IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, snowman said:

You're timing is ok with this.

"As an overview of the process - once you’ve taken your sample and mixed it with the liquid solution provided, you’ll need to place a couple of drops onto the lateral flow device (also included) which will give you a result within 15-20mins. You’ll then just need to upload a photo of your test result so we can verify it before we’ll automatically produce a certificate that can be used for travel."

https://www.chronomics.com/covid-rapid-antigen

3 hour PCR is £175 at Liverpool airport @John Wright

I haven’t looked at my options. Although I’m not travelling through Liverpool. And I’m not dexterous enough to sample myself. 36 hours ahead of boarding in Portsmouth and £60 for the travel test at the grandstand seems best value and to give plenty of time.

21 minutes ago, quilp said:

I'm having a dim day so can anyone work out how the Headmaster has arrived at the figures quoted? And, are soundbites of this nature really of any use?

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/estimated-91-deaths-and-33000-infections-prevented-thanks-to-vaccine-says-chief-minister/

Guesswork? 

I don't know about the infections figure, and indeed haven't even read the article, but based on the size of previous outbreaks you should be able to calculate a predicted amount of death without vaccine.

Rapid antigen test is ok for pre departure to Spain. Quicker result and cheaper

If fully vaccinated you don’t need any test to enter Spain, you only need one on return.

Aware of residents from IOM who have entered with Manx care letters.

29 minutes ago, Banker said:

If fully vaccinated you don’t need any test to enter Spain, you only need one on return.

I am fully vaccinated. I am concerned that the "proof" provided (as it is at present) to demonstrate vaccination status will not be recognised but it's reassuring to hear that some have had success with the letters. This led me to review the testing options just in case I decide to use them. However, let's hope that the NHS app is fully functioning soon as that is the optimum solution for travel

14 minutes ago, snowman said:

I am fully vaccinated. I am concerned that the "proof" provided (as it is at present) to demonstrate vaccination status will not be recognised but it's reassuring to hear that some have had success with the letters. This led me to review the testing options just in case I decide to use them. However, let's hope that the NHS app is fully functioning soon as that is the optimum solution for travel

I’m in the same position. Having been refused entry on 22/12 when Kent variant meant closed borders for non Spanish nationals or residents, I want to have back up/alternatives.

57 minutes ago, Banker said:

See above. I’m belt and braces planning. And for £60 it’s worthwhile. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, quilp said:

I'm having a dim day so can anyone work out how the Headmaster has arrived at the figures quoted? And, are soundbites of this nature really of any use?

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/estimated-91-deaths-and-33000-infections-prevented-thanks-to-vaccine-says-chief-minister/

Guesswork? 

I don't know how they've been worked out, probably pro-rata with something similar stated for the UK.  Not sure about the infections prevented, but I think he's about right regarding the deaths.  Possibly even understating it.

• Like 1

I’m curious to establish who we are now trying to protect with LFT home, PCR follow up, travel entry testing & isolation requirements given all those adults who were eligible for the vaccine have stepped up to the plate & taken their jabs.

We know that U18’s are almost certainly unlikely to develop life threatening symptoms should they contract the virus.

Who are we sheltering?

• Thanks 1