IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

18 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Those who have chosen not to have the jab? 

….. but, but they’ll never take the jab & will always be susceptible to contracting the virus as it’s never going away?

So, who is benefitting, who are we protecting?

I’m sure there’ll be an expert along soon who can explain, maybe the EAG?

6 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

….. but, but they’ll never take the jab & will always be susceptible to contracting the virus as it’s never going away?

we are protecting the people benefiting from all this testing bollocks.  it is a new industry invented to employ people, similar to all this green save the planet carbon emissions shit.

Edited by WTF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m sure there’ll be an expert along soon who can explain, maybe the EAG?

Apparently all the people slagging Howie off for opening borders even though they’re double jabbed!!!

Lots of oldies who never go out anywhere complaining they’re captives in their houses because of plague ridden tourists 😂

7 hours ago, John Wright said:

That’s the date the EU QR e-pass system is slated to be fully operational. A few countries may offer paper and bar code alternatives, for a while. But UK has a digital QR system. It’s compatible. It’s just us, no QR and scrappy .docx letters with nothing. 

The QR scan doesn’t download and retain your personal biometric info. It does contain a security identifier that links back to the state and vaccination centre.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

So, when you go to far flung destinations requiring inoculations against certain diseases, far more seriously and deadly than Covid, does the letter you show them link back to some internationally recognised database? 

55 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I think time won’t judge the politicians implementing all this isolationist nonsense very well at all. 

I think you may be right.

Article says people need £10 million to invest to get in to the country. We just wanted people to fix our promenade.

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

It looks like New Zealand is now getting some bad publicity for following our former strategy of allowing in the wealthy and rich house buyers while telling our own people to sod off if they want to come home. You really do have to question the fairness and madness of eradication strategies. I think time won’t judge the politicians implementing all this isolationist nonsense very well at all. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9871009/Billionaire-Google-founder-NZ-resident-admits-government-amid-anger-special-waiver-son.html

I think elimination strategies were right if conditions allowed - worked here as we’re a small island, and similarly for NZ (not so much Australia).  But, Australia and NZ didn’t get on with vaxxing like we have.

I get a lot of the criticism that gets levelled at government, but when it’s looked at from a distance, without all the stuff about shredding letters and thinking Steam Packet staff were isolating etc, in comparison with almost everywhere else our pandemic has been well run.  We had a normal life for much of 2020 (travel excluded) while everyone else had societal restrictions (and travel restrictions), and then got on with vaccinating the population just about as quickly as any other jurisdiction (yes, an odd week here and there sorting ‘paperwork’, I know) to enable us to be where we are now, riding out the third wave with comparatively little difficulty (a few in hospital, but there always is)

I’m glad I lived here during it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Unlike a lot of people here I’m not really anti government at all on this issue so maybe you misinterpret my comment. What I actually think we have seen is government (COMIN) as a wider entity wrestle control from quite a lot of lock down nuts in the civil service who drove the initial border closures and 100% isolationist policy. As you say what we have seen in the last 8 months is a focus on a way out of this via a coordinated vaccination strategy. I thought Howard Quayle and David Ashford were good at the last press conference last week. The hard part was always the way out of this as they said - which is where we are now. If the vaccination approach works (which it seems to be doing) we’ll be right by the end of September regardless of what those conditioned to shutting down the world might think. Australia and NZ are going to end up exactly where we are anyway in time. You can’t have the drawbridge up forever as your only solution and you have to have a strategy to get back to normal. In the UK a mass vaccination programme was that strategy. 

There are some extremely cowardly lockdown nuts in the Civil Service. They're a threat to the island's future prosperity.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wrighty said:

but when it’s looked at from a distance, without all the stuff about shredding letters and thinking Steam Packet staff were isolating etc, in comparison with almost everywhere else our pandemic has been well run.  We had a normal life for much of 2020 (travel excluded) while everyone else had societal restrictions (and travel restrictions), and then got on with vaccinating the population just about as quickly as any other jurisdiction (yes, an odd week here and there sorting ‘paperwork’, I know) to enable us to be where we are now, (a few in hospital, but there always is)

Depends on how far back you stand when viewing it 'from a distance'.

To those who lost their lives, the missed funerals, being kept apart and had to distance from those in care, those who having to wait even longer with potentially serious condiitions, those families who are now having to wait or go off island for assessments and treatment and the extra anxiety that brings, family and friends not seen due to travel restrictions, those who will by having assessments and treatment delayed develop chronic conditions etc 

To those who lost incomes, lost their jobs, had to dig into precious savings, (Govt staff got paid all the way through), had their business adversely affected or closed, had to stay at home to log after children when schools closed etc

4 hours ago, wrighty said:

riding out the third wave with comparatively little difficulty

To those who died recently.

It sounds a bit like a Monty Python Sketch, but yes 'wrighty', some of us had it better than most. Some didn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cambon said:

So, when you go to far flung destinations requiring inoculations against certain diseases, far more seriously and deadly than Covid, does the letter you show them link back to some internationally recognised database? 

No, I agree, it’s illogical. There’s an internationally agreed format for these, as to how the form or booklet looks, what it contains and the stamps. It used to be you could get your exotic inoculations at every GP practice. Now it’s a very limited few.

There is WHO guidance, and the EU has set its own standard based on that. It’s the first time this has been done in the digital age.

The big difference is that the number of travellers going to the countries, where things like yellow fever are endemic is few. The number who are going to end up short haul in Europe and, in France, ( and they’ll be the first of many ) will need to show a pass at a bar, restaurant, event venue, etc, makes paper unworkable. A QR scan is, allegedly, faster and more reliable.

And, of course, we are only in the roll out phase.

3 hours ago, Apple said:

Depends on how far back you stand when viewing it 'from a distance'.

To those who lost their lives, the missed funerals, being kept apart and had to distance from those in care, those who having to wait even longer with potentially serious condiitions, those families who are now having to wait or go off island for assessments and treatment and the extra anxiety that brings, family and friends not seen due to travel restrictions, those who will by having assessments and treatment delayed develop chronic conditions etc 

To those who lost incomes, lost their jobs, had to dig into precious savings, (Govt staff got paid all the way through), had their business adversely affected or closed, had to stay at home to log after children when schools closed etc

To those who died recently.

It sounds a bit like a Monty Python Sketch, but yes 'wrighty', some of us had it better than most. Some didn't.

My point, in case you missed it, was that in comparison with most places, particularly UK, we've done pretty well.  Keep on carping 'Apple', it's what you do best.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

So, 60,000 fully vaccinated.

Our population is what, 75,000?

8,000 are refusing to step forward.

How many U18’s do we have living here (who are not at risk as we know)?

2C06C6E6-EA02-41FE-AA6B-E3B5287A2EA3.jpeg

I did a little bit more of my own research:

‘Education is overseen by the Department of Education, Sport and Culture and regulated by the Isle of Man Education Act 2001. As of September 2017 there were 6,492 pupils in primary schools, and 5,218 pupils in secondary education.’

So that’s another 12,000 near enough without including children below school age & U18’s on college courses & those left school for work, let’s say 4,000 … so 16,000 in total.

80,000 people here

60,000 double dosed (protected)

8,000 refusing to be vaccinated

16,000 U18’s not needing vaccinating

The numbers don’t add up for a start & who the FUCK are we trying to protect now by continuing to impose testing & isolation regimes?

Paging the MF ‘experts’ & EAG

Edited by Nom de plume