IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I did a little bit more of my own research:

‘Education is overseen by the Department of Education, Sport and Culture and regulated by the Isle of Man Education Act 2001. As of September 2017 there were 6,492 pupils in primary schools, and 5,218 pupils in secondary education.’

So that’s another 12,000 near enough without including children below school age & U18’s on college courses, let’s say 4,000 … so 16,000 in total.

80,000 people here

60,000 double dosed (protected)

8,000 refusing to be vaccinated

16,000 U18’s not needing vaccinating

The numbers don’t add up for a start & who the FUCK are we trying to protect now by continuing to impose testing & isolation regimes?

Paging the MF ‘experts’ & EAG

I've been watching the vaccination dashboard since Thursday, and the number of people awaiting first doses has gone from 2(!!) to 58. 

So, only a maximum of 56 people have taken note of HQ's appeal to get vaccinated.

It really is time for COMIN to stop giving this group too much consideration and just remove the remaining restrictions.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I did a little bit more of my own research:

‘Education is overseen by the Department of Education, Sport and Culture and regulated by the Isle of Man Education Act 2001. As of September 2017 there were 6,492 pupils in primary schools, and 5,218 pupils in secondary education.’

So that’s another 12,000 near enough without including children below school age & U18’s on college courses & those left school for work, let’s say 4,000 … so 16,000 in total.

80,000 people here

60,000 double dosed (protected)

8,000 refusing to be vaccinated

16,000 U18’s not needing vaccinating

The numbers don’t add up for a start & who the FUCK are we trying to protect now by continuing to impose testing & isolation regimes?

The numbers don’t add up but population is probably about 85000 by now, not sure if school population is the same, out of the 8000 a number will have left island, double counting, died etc.

As I mentioned previously we are protecting the vocal minority who are fully vaccinated, never go anywhere & complaining they are captive in their houses because of tourists, no masks, no lockdown etc etc

4 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Perhaps every care home you can think of...?

We were on the first ferry back under the new '2+2' pathway. We had slipped our return date for it because we really didn't want a third session of self-isolation. The boat was absolutely rammed. No social distancing, very few masks etc etc. A very unhealthy place to be.

We know of two couples who were 2+2 but caught the virus. So we knew the chances were very high that there were folks on that boat who were spreading the virus and who were going to breeze through entry and straight into the general populace. The infection figures would tend to confirm this.

Now we would have been well ok with test on entry and then then out and about on a negative result. As long as the turnaround was 24 hours or similar I suspect most folks would have been. Not doing that looks like a bad mistake.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

The numbers don’t add up but population is probably about 85000 by now, not sure if school population is the same, out of the 8000 a number will have left island, double counting, died etc.

As I mentioned previously we are protecting the vocal minority who are fully vaccinated, never go anywhere & complaining they are captive in their houses because of tourists, no masks, no lockdown etc etc

This is the point I’m making (but you knew that).

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

We were on the first ferry back under the new '2+2' pathway. We had slipped our return date for it because we really didn't want a third session of self-isolation. The boat was absolutely rammed. No social distancing, very few masks etc etc. A very unhealthy place to be.

We know of two couples who were 2+2 but caught the virus. So we knew the chances were very high that there were folks on that boat who were spreading the virus and who were going to breeze through entry and straight into the general populace. The infection figures would tend to confirm this.

Now we would have been well ok with test on entry and then then out and about on a negative result. As long as the turnaround was 24 hours or similar I suspect most folks would have been. Not doing that looks like a bad mistake.

So how are you going to continue protecting these care homes next year as the new variants appear & the virus continues to circulate.

You want everyone to still test, isolate & wear masks.

What’s the plan?

We’ve all been double jabbed in an effort to do our bit in exchange for our freedoms.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It's an election year. Lots of grannies to be farmed with promises of viral safety...

Quayle, Ashford & CoMin will need to sanction our own Freedom Day very soon which will coincide with the U.K. full reopening.

My email (and from others) to them will be spelling out the compelling reasons why we need to be lifting all restrictions & drop testing.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I've been watching the vaccination dashboard since Thursday, and the number of people awaiting first doses has gone from 2(!!) to 58. 

So, only a maximum of 56 people have taken note of HQ's appeal to get vaccinated.

It really is time for COMIN to stop giving this group too much consideration and just remove the remaining restrictions.

56 people taking note of what that clown said must be a record.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, P.K. said:

At what point do you want life to go back to normal then? I'm assuming never by this post.

I also know of people who are 2+2 and have had the virus. On this basis we just have to move forwards, drop all restrictions and testing and proceed with life. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

If you believe the Worldometer figures, our population is 85,527. That seems amazingly precise. 

Precision and accuracy are two completely different things. 

For example, pi=3 - accurate, but imprecise.  pi=4.5376532468 - precise, but inaccurate. 

It’s impossible to know the population to that degree of precision. I suspect we’ll do well to know it to the nearest 1000

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Precision and accuracy are two completely different things. 

For example, pi=3 - accurate, but imprecise.  pi=4.5376532468 - precise, but inaccurate. 

It’s impossible to know the population to that degree of precision. I suspect we’ll do well to know it to the nearest 1000

I think it was semantics on his behalf in an effort to avoid the question I was posing & the reasoning behind it.

But you knew that ;0)