IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

28 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Then why do you spend so much time protesting what Howie and Ashy think and say about you?

That does not come across in the posts. Why would anyone of any standing be concerned in any way what others may think, not least those two. 

Undoubtedly and from the beginning no-one knows more about the topic and its implications than Dr Glover who has been able to contribute more knowledge and insights to the debates than anyone else. 

It was implied recently we have been lucky. It could have been different. We might have had more need of Dr Glovers knowledge and skills had it been different. Don't forget, she started the ball rolling.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Apple said:

That does not come across in the posts. Why would anyone of any standing be concerned in any way what others may think, not least those two. 

Undoubtedly and from the beginning no-one knows more about the topic and its implications than Dr Glover who has been able to contribute more knowledge and insights to the debates than anyone else. 

It was implied recently we have been lucky. It could have been different. We might have had more need of Dr Glovers knowledge and skills had it been different. Don't forget, she started the ball rolling.

Thanks Dr Glover

(well if others can do it, why not me?)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It would be easy for most normal observers to conclude that the main problem was a huge clash of egos from both sides. 

I don’t see that. I do see incredible arrogance from one side.
For the avoidance of doubt and any smart arse replies it’s not from the Government.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Apple said:

She was the index case?

Personally, I’d say that arrogance is the health minister deciding he’s an expert in pandemics, genomics and coding (as per his PAC evidence).

Me? I happen to BE an actual expert in those things. Documented through qualifications and a 20 year published career. Don’t mistake my confidence in my profession for arrogance. The only arrogance is that of ministers believing they know more than experts during a pandemic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rachomics said:

Nice to know that your opinions are based on nothing than your own perceptions then. I know exactly what I've made comment on publicly, and when. I don't need to hire a researcher to tell me, but I suspect you might need to hire one to do a bit of research to back up your comments!

£50 an hour so I can subcontract the research to a grad student.... 

Am I doing this scientificist stuff right?

Dr Glover I dont believe is arrogant just confident in her ability and knowledge . Fighting her corner but why not ! Surrounded by imbeciles who a little or no knowledge but bigging themselves up as experts . Its been shown countless times Ashford and HQ. dont have a clue and are piggy backing on any info flying around. They took it so far that they believe there own hype and failed miserably to ask for advice from the professional body set up.  Ashord will be remembered as a health minister in the time of a pandemic while Dr Glover will be remembered as a expert in her field at that same time. Anyone on here who thinks Ashford and Quayle have suddenly achieved all the knowledge needed are totally delusional. The 'lettergate' summed up all thats wrong with the muppets making decisions. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, rachomics said:

Personally, I’d say that arrogance is the health minister deciding he’s an expert in pandemics, genomics and coding (as per his PAC evidence).

Me? I happen to BE an actual expert in those things. Documented through qualifications and a 20 year published career. Don’t mistake my confidence in my profession for arrogance. The only arrogance is that of ministers believing they know more than experts during a pandemic. 

You definitely don’t need to justify yourself Rachomics, please don’t waste your time feeding the trolls here. You did more than enough when it really counted.

That said, please don’t get caught up in publicly slagging the health minister off on here either, leave the spin doctor to continue making his web of lies and he’ll get trapped eventually.

• Like 5