IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

She could have been, but unfortunately she will be more remembered for her petulance.

In your opinion . Which we all know is biased . I dont know Dr Glover but as sure as eggs are eggs I would choose her to be in my team before I even learned how to spell Ashford or Quayle . No comparision in professionalism and knowledge compared to a failed pig farmer and a a paper pusher . Or shredder even !  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

That said, please don’t get caught up in publicly slagging the health minister off on here either, leave the spin doctor to continue making his web of lies and he’ll get trapped eventually.

First part, good advice about denigrating people on here or on other social media, Twitter etc

Web of lies? WTF? Are we still talking about the letter from Dr Glovers colleague about her taking, or being given, the credit for collective work.

Or have you got other accusations?

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Anyone on here you thinks Ashford and Quayle have suddenly achieved all the knowledge needed are totally delusional. The 'lettergate' summed up all thats wrong with the muppets making decisions. 

Facebook will unfortunately show the general consensus is different, Ashford and Quayle both appear to be portrayed as heroes during this whole pandemic, during ‘lettergate’ Rachel was portrayed to be a trouble maker and unfortunately I think that has stuck with a lot of folk, most people don’t know the back story because they either haven’t got the time or inclination to educate themselves, they just believe whatever they’ve been told by the press or by the government.

That said, Rachel making comments about the health minister on a public forum is I fear still more damaging towards herself, particularly when she has been portrayed to be outspoken and a trouble maker. I fear it just plays into their hands.

11 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

In your opinion  

11 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

In your opinion . Which we all know is biased . I dont know Dr Glover but as sure as eggs are eggs I would choose her to be in my team before I even learned how to spell Ashford or Quayle . No comparision in professionalism and knowledge compared to a failed pig farmer and a a paper pusher . Or shredder even !  

That’s a bit biased

Edited by The Voice of Reason

8 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The way out was always round about where we are now. If it was up to some of the medics and experts we’d be in lockdown for another 5 years which Australia seems to be set in for. The distinction between political decisions and medical recommendations or advice has to be noted. Politicians aren’t there just to rubber-stamp or follow medical advice there’s a whole host of wider risks and issues they're response for which is what they’ve done here. The UKs mass vaccination exit plan (which we have now adopted) seems to be working. 

Here are the actuals v ‘The Experts’

Thank fuck for those experts eh, real heroes they are.

B0A81BC4-821F-4F31-9FCF-5F26549E611C.jpeg

7A3FA495-F890-47F3-86EA-E3547AFD02BF.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Web of lies? WTF? Are we still talking about the letter from Dr Glovers colleague about her taking, or being given, the credit for collective work.

Or have you got other accusations?

If you fancy reading the ‘Spat with Dr Glover’ thread then it’s all been previously discussed on there over many many months, so you can form your own opinion on the subject. (I very much doubt your opinion has changed from the past though, so let’s not both waste our time here)

Rachel is actually right in which she wrote earlier, I just don’t want to see her lower herself to his level. Ashford frequently passes comment and attempts to answer medical questions when he shouldn’t do so, that’s what Dr Ewart is there for.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

This post…and a lot of the stuff on Twitter really isn’t a good look in my opinion.

I think Ashford is a tool, but there are many ways to deal with the situation which would win a lot more respect.

Local government are hardly liable to be awarding any contracts soon, and scientists generally like to point out unfounded nonsense. 

I’m not sure what else you’d expect. How many else would dare stick their heads above the parapet on the Island?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Dr Glover I dont believe is arrogant just confident in her ability and knowledge . Fighting her corner but why not ! Surrounded by imbeciles who a little or no knowledge but bigging themselves up as experts . Its been shown countless times Ashford and HQ. dont have a clue and are piggy backing on any info flying around. They took it so far that they believe there own hype and failed miserably to ask for advive from the professional body set up.  Ashord will be remembered as a health minister in the time of a pandemic while Dr Glover will be remembered as a expert in her field at that same time. Anyone on here who thinks Ashford and Quayle have suddenly achieved all the knowledge needed are totally delusional. The 'lettergate' summed up all thats wrong with the muppets making decisions. 

They should have rotated the presenters at the briefings, bring in more of the ”advisors”. That way the public would see it wasn’t just the H and A show, and also they wouldn’t be putting themselves under so much pressure (trying to know everything). 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The way out was always round about where we are now. If it was up to some of the medics and experts we’d be in lockdown for another 5 years which Australia seems to be set in for. The distinction between political decisions and medical recommendations or advice has to be noted. Politicians aren’t there just to rubber-stamp or follow medical advice there’s a whole host of wider risks and issues they're response for which is what they’ve done here. The UKs mass vaccination exit plan (which we have now adopted) seems to be working. 

All good points and we will never know how much Cannan influenced any policy and CoC too . 

• Like 1