IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Obviously its fucking both. Jesus, why is everyone so utterly thick these days?

Is this a wind up that is far too subtle for me?  How can it "obviously" be "because" of COVID?  We have no idea, and I have no idea why they don't share that information.

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Obviously its fucking both. Jesus, why is everyone so utterly thick these days?

If I tested +ve but died falling down the stairs, did I die with it, or because of it?

Edited by kevster

Announcement states they are unsure of cause of death in 2 cases so doesn’t seem straight died because of COVID.

Three more people have died as a result of COVID-19, two of whom were patients at Noble’s Hospital.

Chief Minister Howard Quayle MHK said: ‘This is extremely sad news. On behalf of the Government, I extend my sincere condolences to family and friends.’

Only one of the deaths occurred in the last 24 hours with two requiring processes to be followed to determine the cause of death. This brings the total number of deaths to 36 on island.

41 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Not true.  Right now the dashboard is still showing 8.

Why post stuff that is blatantly not true and can be fact checked in seconds?  At least if someone posts an opinion it doesn't need to be right or wrong.  To post a statement like its fact when actually you just made it up is a bit weird.

I’m passed caring, why are people still posting the figures? 4 died last week, 3 so far this week, get used to it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

Announcement states they are unsure of cause of death in 2 cases so doesn’t seem straight died because of COVID.

Three more people have died as a result of COVID-19, two of whom were patients at Noble’s Hospital.

Chief Minister Howard Quayle MHK said: ‘This is extremely sad news. On behalf of the Government, I extend my sincere condolences to family and friends.’

Only one of the deaths occurred in the last 24 hours with two requiring processes to be followed to determine the cause of death. This brings the total number of deaths to 36 on island.

Teapot won't like this

2 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

There's a surprising amount of people still ringing 111 for reassurance rather than booking online.

Reassurance of what? You’ve tested positive with LFT , book a test online & get confirmation. Simple really & saves spending ages on phone to 111 , but some just like to mouth off as to how they can’t get tests!!!

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Reassurance of what? You’ve tested positive with LFT , book a test online & get confirmation. Simple really & saves spending ages on phone to 111 , but some just like to mouth off as to how they can’t get tests!!!

I would be interested to know if they can claim enhanced sick pay if they don't have a PCR test.

There is absolutely no scientific evidence, at this stage, to back up claims that Covid will degrade into a mild flu, even though this is obviously the desired outcome. Israel has recently reported that they have measured a 60% decline in antibodies in vaccinated with Pfizer. Their daily positive cases have risen from 100 a day in June'21 to 6,000 yesterday. There is currently a mini-outbreak of the Delta variant happening in China. It is true that the WHO has been advising against administering booster jabs in developed countries, but their opposition is politically motivated, not science driven. Their argument is that first and second jabs are needed in poorer countries more than third jabs for the populations of rich western countries.

If it wants to, the IOMG can swing our borders wide open. It can stop all testing and stop reporting Covid related deaths as some on MF would like them to do. But tinkering with the stats will not change the facts on the ground. Scientists have not yet declared victory over the current pandemic. If they are saying anything new, they are saying that Covid has become endemic. It is very frustrating, but science/ humanity will not know for several months if Covid will abate to manageable levels and to a less dangerous virus. There is also hope that there will be effective medications for treating people with the most severe symptoms and Long Covid.

Any way you look at it, the struggle with Covid is a tough struggle and is nowhere over.

Edited by code99
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

The island I utterly bonkers…for a family of 4 to do anything on this island it is really expensive bowling 50 odd, exit strategy 80 cinema easily 50 odd house mannanin 40 odd 

risk a bit of COVID by going to Liverpool for a day trip 120 .

Even fc iom are at it  in England to go watch fc iom at say wythenshaw it’s 6 for an adult  the return game at the bowl will be over a 10 to 15 I expect

it’s actually more cost effective to leave the island even during these times than it is to stay here.  And that is with all the messing around of landing cards etc 

if they don’t want people going away bringing it in it has to be cost effective to actually live here 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

The island I utterly bonkers…for a family of 4 to do anything on this island it is really expensive bowling 50 odd, exit strategy 80 cinema easily 50 odd house mannanin 40 odd 

risk a bit of COVID by going to Liverpool for a day trip 120 .

Even fc iom are at it  in England to go watch fc iom at say wythenshaw it’s 6 for an adult  the return game at the bowl will be over a 10 to 15 I expect

it’s actually more cost effective to leave the island even during these times than it is to stay here.  And that is with all the messing around of landing cards etc 

if they don’t want people going away bringing it in it has to be cost effective to actually live here 

How do they do that then?

Most of what you mention are private businesses who need to turn a profit in a short season and with a small market.

House of Mannanin kids should be free if at school here, and a season ticket for all attractions is much better value than a one off trip.

Maybe you could set up your own attraction at lower prices if you think it will work.  Proper little goldmine if you are right.

No house or food and probable bankruptcy if you aren’t.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

How do they do that then?

Most of what you mention are private businesses who need to turn a profit in a short season and with a small market.

House of Mannanin kids should be free if at school here, and a season ticket for all attractions is much better value than a one off trip.

Maybe you could set up your own attraction at lower prices if you think it will work.  Proper little goldmine if you are right.

No house or food and probable bankruptcy if you aren’t.

What I mean though is that prices are generally a lot higher here, and I’m musing if it’s because they think they have a captive market but increasingly more people are choosing to hop in the boat to get away for a few days as it is cheaper