IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

18 minutes ago, pongo said:

And as testing is scaled back I hope that there will be tighter restrictions on those who choose to go unvaccinated.

Why? What benefit is that to anyone? The unvaccinated are more likely to be symptomatic and actually aware they have Covid? Rather than a double vax who spreads it completely unaware.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Slightly (actually very) off topic.

When on a flight in a smoking seat, many moons ago, and someone lighting up, someone a few seats back making an act of coughing and putting a handkerchief to their face as if it were the worst thing in the world and they were about to die

To a non smoker it feels that way

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

But it's part of a wider set of patterns of behaviour which I hope the virus will permenantly change.

I hope that masks become the norm in many situations. Ditto pre flight health checks.

I almost never use physical cash.

I don’t like people who blow their noses on their debit cards

14 minutes ago, pongo said:

And as testing is scaled back I hope that there will be tighter restrictions on those who choose to go unvaccinated.

Like what? How would those tighter restrictions on the unvaccinated be enforced, and by whom?

Impossible to manage. 

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

No it doesn’t. I know many non smokers who don’t feel they have to make such an exhibition.

Well they don’t have to now because you can’t smoke on planes, obviously 

It's weird enough that people were ever allowed to smoke in enclosed public spaces. But especially on planes, trains etc.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

It's weird enough that people were ever allowed to smoke in enclosed public spaces. But especially on planes, trains etc.

Well it would seem strange to the current generation of snowflakes .  But it was the norm and we have to be careful of civil liberties being stripped away bit by bit

Maybe now with the introduction of masks we could reintroduce smoking in public and those that have issues could wear their masks.

Amazing that it has taken a pandemic to introduce a solution to the smoking/ non smoking argument. But a solution nonetheless.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

Like what? How would those tighter restrictions on the unvaccinated be enforced, and by whom?

Impossible to manage. 

Well the restrictions on travel are obviously easy enough to enforce. And some employers are already effectively doing this. So that's a start.

Likely it ends up being as much about policy as it is about law.

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

Yes perhaps a little yellow star on the arm just to point out the unvaccinated. I’ve read somewhere that this is really effective in drawing attention to undesirables.

Maybe you're being a little ott?

Not even vaguely similar though.

16 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes perhaps a little yellow star on the arm just to point out the unvaccinated. I’ve read somewhere that this is really effective in drawing attention to undesirables.

As has quite rightly, been pointed out to me previously such an anology is distasteful.

Edited by The Voice of Reason

53 minutes ago, pongo said:

It has always mildly annoyed me that people selfishly choose to spread their colds, flu etc. Especially in enclosed offices and on aircraft.

Ideally people should stay at home if they are ill. They should not be allowed into crowded enclosed spaces. I hope that masks will become the norm in many situations over the next few years as this situation gradually evolves.

Yep, hopefully this winter people will be more careful when they have ”colds”, wfh wherever possible, or as you say, wear masks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 747-400 said:

Yep, hopefully this winter people will be more careful when they have ”colds”, wfh wherever possible, or as you say, wear masks. 

Jeez I hope not.

Just shows how polarised people are on this.

No way would I expect anyone to work from home or mask up for a cold.  People’s immune systems are going to end up completely shot and dependent on jabs for everything

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Jeez I hope not.

Just shows how polarised people are on this.

No way would I expect anyone to work from home or mask up for a cold

I am suprised I said it, but thinking about it rationally, how many work days are lost due to people coughing and spluterring in work places. 

I think I remember reading something last winter on how masks in UK were helping in this area.

By the way, I am not a fan of masks, just want people with colds to stay at home!!!! And if they won’t/can’t wfh and won’t call in ill, then at least mask up and help others 🤪

• Like 2