IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

24 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

"There are examples of where she (Magson) told Tynwald about viral load and completely misunderstood, and the Minister is saying … it is embarrassing the sort of things he is saying, but this is just … it is human behaviour and we can see it happening before our eyes."

It's a quite extraordinary document.  Everything the most cynical and despairing of us thought about the way the Manx government operates turns out to be true.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I knew two of the people that have sadly died in the IOM last two weeks of Covid, one was a in care home residential setting, the other a much younger person. Both l believe were in Hospital at time of death. It saddens me to see some of the flippant comments made about it, just like a mild cold. Although both death's were shocking, very unexpected, the latter fairly healthy younger person just doing his job.

Covid is a nasty virus it needs us all to be responsible and look out not just ourselves, but others too. 

Please don't laugh and scorn people who wear face mask and prefer social distancing, it might just save a life of someone you care about.

I  will probably get some abuse from some trolls on here for my posting, you need to grow up and act like caring citizens.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I knew two of the people that have sadly died in the IOM last two weeks of Covid, one was a in care home residential setting, the other a much younger person. Both l believe were in Hospital at time of death. It saddens me to see some of the flippant comments made about it, just like a mild cold. Although both death's were shocking, very unexpected, the latter fairly healthy younger person just doing his job.

Covid is a nasty virus it needs us all to be responsible and look out not just ourselves, but others too. 

Please don't laugh and scorn people who wear face mask and prefer social distancing, it might just save a life of someone you care about.

I  will probably get some abuse from some trolls on here for my posting, you need to grow up and act like caring citizens.

Well said.

Down here the Newquay boardmasters event is expected to bring 50,000 people together. Total bloody madness. Due to tourism places like Falmouth are seeing a massive spike in cases.

There will be deaths from this stupid decision.

• Confused 1

Just now, GD4ELI said:

Well said.

Down here the Newquay boardmasters event is expected to bring 50,000 people together. Total bloody madness. Due to tourism places like Falmouth are seeing a massive spike in cases.

There will be deaths from this stupid decision.

Facebook: https://fb.watch/7kpPvcoeEw/

Dr Ransoms previously private evidence to the Select Committee has now been published. It seems to show Mrs Magson and Dr Ewart and DHSC/DHA/CoMin behaving like headless chickens in the face of strong medical advice to close borders.

https://www.tynwald.org.im/business/pp/Reports/2021-PP-0171.pdf

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well you could be like Australia, lockdowns with 3 hours notice for one case!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-58182419

They have totally lost the plot in Australia, as their dismal vaccination programme means they are facing many more months of truly draconian restrictions. Even their returning Olympians are facing 28 day (!!) self-isolation.

It they aren't careful, they'll take themselves back to the 1600's when they were totally isolated from the rest of the World and no-one knew they were there.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Dr Ransoms previously private evidence to the Select Committee has now been published. It seems to show Mrs Magson and Dr Ewart and DHSC/DHA/CoMin behaving like headless chickens in the face of strong medical advice to close borders.

Ahem:

10 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Oh wow! Some light reading before bed:

On 26th May 2021, the Public Accounts Committee, a standing Committee of Tynwald, took oral evidence in private from Dr Rosalind Ranson, Medical Director of the Department of Health and Social Care.

The evidence session was held as part of the Committee’s inquiries into matters relating to the pandemic.

At its final meeting, the Committee agreed that it would publish the evidence, with Dr Ranson’s consent, along with a copy of the DHSC’s response to the evidence.

A report containing the evidence can be found here and will be laid before Tynwald in October 2021.

The Chair of the Committee, Hon. Juan Watterson SHK, commented “This adds to the growing body of evidence taken by the Committee at the heart of the Covid response; it raises interesting questions, and we have had some useful early answers from the Department of Health and Social Care. There is no doubt that this is something that the next administration will need to focus on as outlined in our annual report.”

The members of the Public Accounts Committee are Hon. Juan Watterson SHK (Chair), Mr Lawrie Hooper MHK (Vice-Chair), Mrs Jane Poole Wilson MLC, Mrs Clare Barber MHK, Ms Julie Edge MHK and Mr Chris Robertshaw MHK. Mrs Barber, as a political Member for the Department of Health and Social Care, did not attend the evidence session.

28 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Dr Ewart was very defensive in her PAC hearing stating that the medical director had no infectious disease control training.

Any idea why this transcript has been made public?  I thought that she was prevented from giving evidence in public due to a whistleblowing issue?

19 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Dr Ewart was very defensive in her PAC hearing stating that the medical director had no infectious disease control training.

Any idea why this transcript has been made public?  I thought that she was prevented from giving evidence in public due to a whistleblowing issue?

She has a claim in front of the EET and it was alleged that publication of her evidence would be a breach of the sub judice rules.

There is correspondence in the appendices to the report dealing with this, from AG’s and the Select Committee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

It they aren't careful, they'll take themselves back to the 1600's when they were totally isolated from the rest of the World and no-one knew they were there.

i'm sure the natives have been hoping for that for centuries

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2