IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 hours ago, wrighty said:

If that's tl;dr the summary is this:  Dr Ranson showed great leadership at the outset, but was under immense pressure even though supported by the senior medics in the hospital.  Her issue later on was that she couldn't just 'let go' of something and move on.  Everything had to be right, with all i's dotted and t's crossed.  Even at the expense of pragmatism as the issue was no longer pertinent.  And this led to some difficulties in her working relationship with both her bosses and some of the senior medics.  She got us through the first wave though, and for that she deserves much credit.

So at this very important time neither Kathryn Magson nor Dr Ewart were able to attend this meeting?

Which begs the question who in the chain of command would be expected to head this up? Or to put it another way who is getting paid to carry the responsibility?

Frankly with the propensity of the manx upper echelons to blamestorm these things I would dot the i's and cross the t's as well. As recent events have shown only too clearly.

Empowering employees is a very powerful tool to make things happen and get things done. Scapegoating and a climate of mistrust makes that impossible...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WTF said:

it's a shame the US and UN don't apply this logic to the middle east, let them get on with it.

They are now, in Afghanistan; that's working out well 😔

2 hours ago, Apple said:

Who are the optical association please ? And why them particularly? Interested.

It's basically all of the opticians on the Island. Magson was trying to justify to them why they should accept a pay cut on NHS sight tests to which they all told her to take a running jump, as the owner of the Specsavers told me anyway.

Some opticians even temporarily stopped offering NHS sight tests in strike a few months back for a short period of time.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Dr Ranson is the new Dr Glover.

Give it up man. Stop being a cock. There are clear and obvious problems with the way the isle of man government, both elected members of Tynwald and senior civil servants are handling normal day to day stuff, never mind emergency pandemic stuff.

Your support in the face of all evidence is preposterous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

28 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Give it up man. Stop being a cock. There are clear and obvious problems with the way the isle of man government, both elected members of Tynwald and senior civil servants are handling normal day to day stuff, never mind emergency pandemic stuff.

Your support in the face of all evidence is preposterous.

You have obviously misinterpreted the evidence  willfully deliberately I suspect.

Or, being kind you did not understand it

Edited by The Voice of Reason

Sounds to me like everyone is in serious CYA mode. So who will come out smelling of roses? Or will all be showered in manure? And does the MBE or whatever it was look very , very premature now. 

But lessons will have been learned and no one will have cocked up and it’s trebles and big pensions all round and maybe more going’s - but we are where we are. 

I don’t believe a word from any of them - they seem to me to be all self serving , incompetent and looking to pin any blame on anyone but themselves. And don’t be fooled by this Gov bods are bad and anti gov bods are good. I don’t think Rachel and that recent one whom lit up shitstorm are any better than the Gov mouthpieces who probably spout more more shite than the other lot , although it’s a close call.

2 minutes ago, Anyone said:

And don’t be fooled by this Gov bods are bad and anti gov bods are good. I don’t think Rachel and that recent one whom lit up shitstorm are any better than the Gov mouthpieces who probably spout more more shite than the other lot , although it’s a close call

Thanks for that David.

• Haha 3