IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, Hugh G Rection said:

"I am a 23 year-old male. Healthy, smoke 5-10 a day and do a bit of exercise here and there.

I wouldn’t personally have it if I was 23  and otherwise healthy, I see lots of pushing the vaccine on the belief it protects others and that you’re being selfish if you don’t have it, but there is a huge lack of scientific data to support that. Without question it would definitely reduce your own risk of ending up in hospital with Covid but don’t have it for others, it’s something you need to want to do for yourself, as for long term effects? (Perfectly rational thought at such a young age) Nobody actually knows until it finishes the trials/testing in 2023, it’s had emergency approval after all.

I’m not some sort of anti covid nut job but I do find the level of public compliance with the vaccine absolutely staggering.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You need lots of people to have it so that when you fall off your bike and break your arm or get cancer the hospital isn't full of covid patients.

The 'its only authorised for emergency use' is a nonsense argument, there's been a fucking emergency.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You need lots of people to have it so that when you fall off your bike and break your arm or get cancer the hospital isn't full of covid patients.

The 'its only authorised for emergency use' is a nonsense argument, there's been a fucking emergency.

So I assume you’d have the vaccine at any age then? Do you have a cut off point where you don’t think it would be worthwhile? We’ve just the hit peak transmission and the hospital isn’t full of 16-30 year olds dying in hospital with Covid.

The vaccine isn’t compulsory and I think people have forgotten that, you have to make an informed choice and be happy with that decision, you can always decide to have the vaccine at a later date (such as when the trials are complete) but you cant have it removed once it’s in.

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

So I assume you’d have the vaccine at any age then? Do you have a cut off point where you don’t think it would be worthwhile? We’ve just the hit peak transmission and the hospital isn’t full of 16-30 year olds dying in hospital with Covid.

The vaccine isn’t compulsory and I think people have forgotten that, you have to make an informed choice and be happy with that decision, you can always decide to have the vaccine at a later date (such as when the trials are complete) but you cant have it removed once it’s in.

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure we haven't got close. The next two winters are gonna be mega.

I have no idea what you're scared of. Vaccines work.

34 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

There are no more trials. 

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure we haven't got close. The next two winters are gonna be mega.

I have no idea what you're scared of. Vaccines work.

My only concern is with the booster jab being recommended to be different to the original vaccine, I’d rather not have a cocktail, but I’ll save that for the vaccine thread. 

If was a healthy 16-30 I wouldn’t be rushing to have the vaccine, society has helped push vaccination by shaming those who’ve not had it and label them as selfish, thanks to the whole ‘it’s to help others not yourself’ like it’s some sort of world war sacrifice.

Any long term issues are completely unknown, what I’m seeing is a very blurred line appearing, in that they can’t they can’t tell if it’s the vaccine causing blood clots for example or if it’s actually Covid causing them, I think we’ll see this happening  more and more.

• Like 1