IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

My only concern is with the booster jab being recommended to be different to the original vaccine, I’d rather not have a cocktail, but I’ll save that for the vaccine thread. 

If was a healthy 16-30 I wouldn’t be rushing to have the vaccine, society has helped push vaccination by shaming those who’ve not had it and label them as selfish, thanks to the whole ‘it’s to help others not yourself’ like it’s some sort of world war sacrifice.

Any long term issues are completely unknown, what I’m seeing is a very blurred line appearing, in that they can’t they can’t tell if it’s the vaccine causing blood clots for example or if it’s actually Covid causing them, I think we’ll see this happening  more and more.

I don't know what to say to convince you otherwise. Let me say again though for those who aren't listening - you're going to need it for when it really lets rip this and next winter.

On the subject of blood clots they aren't occurring at any outside a normal rate for a normal population. So there's another fear you can put aside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Any long term issues are completely unknown, what I’m seeing is a very blurred line appearing, in that they can’t they can’t tell if it’s the vaccine causing blood clots for example or if it’s actually Covid causing them, I think we’ll see this happening  more and more.

But that's exactly you'd expect.  Generally vaccines are more likely to produce similar side effects to what the disease they are fighting does than they are are unconnected ones.  Except the effects are going to be less serious.

And that's the point you are missing.  There is no opt-out option here.  Someone in their 20s is not likely to suffer seriously from a Covid infection in the short term, even if they haven't been vaccinated.  But what are the long-term effects of such an infection?  It's very likely that they will be more serious and/or more prevalent than anything the vaccine does.  If you're not in the experiment you're in the control group.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

That’s spooky. For sometime now I have identified that Uhtred is almost an anagram of hatred.

I’m sure there is nothing in it though.

You are right, absolutely nothing.

Uhtred may be more a derivation of a healthy, long life dairy product. 

47 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

And that's the point you are missing.  There is no opt-out option here.  Someone in their 20s is not likely to suffer seriously from a Covid infection in the short term, even if they haven't been vaccinated.  But what are the long-term effects of such an infection?  It's very likely that they will be more serious and/or more prevalent than anything the vaccine does.  If you're not in the experiment you're in the control group.

I’m not missing the point, I understand completely, particularly with your last paragraph. Its not really me you need to convince, I was a stubborn 20 something once and there is not a chance in hell that I would’ve had the vaccine, not unless I felt I was either high risk or needed it for travel.

Neither option is without risk and neither decision should be made lightly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Neither option is without risk and neither decision should be made lightly.

The choice to get vaccinated if you are a pretty average young adult as you laid out earlier is much lower risk than choosing to get covid without protection. 

Everyone is about to get it. 

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Where have you seen or heard of these trials? Trials are carried out in order to get a vaccine approved. Anything after that is research and ongoing learning and review.

But the vaccine hasn’t been approved in the traditional sense, it’s received emergency approval which allowed it to be rolled out earlier. It will not receive traditional approval until all trials phases have been completed, Oxford Astra-Zeneca, Pfizer and Moderna all currently at Phase 4 which will be complete in 2023. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The whole of New Zealand going into a three day snap lockdown on the back of their first community case since February.

I do hope their people don't have any travel aspirations for a good few years.

Complete and utter lunacy.

Some crackpots in IOM would do the same!!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The whole of New Zealand going into a three day snap lockdown on the back of their first community case since February.

I do hope their people don't have any travel aspirations for a good few years.

Complete and utter lunacy.

They have had a great opportunity to get everyone jabbed while enjoying relative normality.

After doing so well at the start both them and Oz seem to have lost the plot.

• Like 1