IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

Where’s Ben’s Filofax?

I miss his piffle, waffle & projections of doom. They were quite something & University of Warwickesque in their fuckwittery.

I'm speaking generally here, but is it a thing that everyone who has attended Warwick University insists on letting you know at every opportunity, and as if it is some sort of highly elite organisation and that they are very, very special. To be frank, without exception I find them a bit of a bore.

Anyone else says "we did such and such at uni/university" or "when I was a student at uni" etc etc. Warwick people must be indoctrinated in freshers week to always name drop the 'Warwick, bit. 

Warwick University, self designated as prestigious (a subjective term). 

/end of rant

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

Where’s Ben’s Filofax?

I miss his piffle, waffle & projections of doom. They were quite something & University of Warwickesque in their fuckwittery.

I was just wondering that a minute ago and came here to check. 

Weren’t we meant to have 1,500 new cases and 22 in ICU on one day recently?

4 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

But the vaccine hasn’t been approved in the traditional sense, it’s received emergency approval which allowed it to be rolled out earlier. It will not receive traditional approval until all trials phases have been completed, Oxford Astra-Zeneca, Pfizer and Moderna all currently at Phase 4 which will be complete in 2023. 

By which time they will have been superseded by 'tweaked' versions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

That’s why I was concerned. He could be a statistic of his own making.

He’s probably reaching for his abacus right now over a tangled knot of ventilator pipe work & wires.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I'm speaking generally here, but is it a thing that everyone who has attended Warwick University insists on letting you know at every opportunity, and as if it is some sort of highly elite organisation and that they are very, very special. To be frank, without exception I find them a bit of a bore.

Anyone else says "we did such and such at uni/university" or "when I was a student at uni" etc etc. Warwick people must be indoctrinated in freshers week to always name drop the 'Warwick, bit. 

Warwick University, self designated as prestigious (a subjective term). 

/end of rant

Well, if their graduates come away with the same fairytales as their expert virus modellers, they are all fucked.

19 hours ago, Gaz said:

Hi all, what forms do I need to fill in to travel to iom please, being told all sorts and getting nowhere.  Thanks

Stay away you lump of COVID infected shittery. 

The form can be found on the IOM GOV COVID site, I think it's reference mark is : COV/0121/DO/ONE

#CLOSETHEBORDERS

19 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

I wouldn’t personally have it if I was 23  and otherwise healthy, I see lots of pushing the vaccine on the belief it protects others and that you’re being selfish if you don’t have it, but there is a huge lack of scientific data to support that. Without question it would definitely reduce your own risk of ending up in hospital with Covid but don’t have it for others, it’s something you need to want to do for yourself, as for long term effects? (Perfectly rational thought at such a young age) Nobody actually knows until it finishes the trials/testing in 2023, it’s had emergency approval after all.

I’m not some sort of anti covid nut job but I do find the level of public compliance with the vaccine absolutely staggering.

This is an absolutely brilliant response and I completely agree with you.

People would be quick to label you an anti-vaxxer, when in fact it's more down to the freedom of personal choice - which every single person should be entitled to. 

I know of a young Nurse who refuses to be jabbed due to the lack of long-term research issue, people are quick to say they should be sacked for not having the jabs - an utter Orwellian response. On the contrary what she actually does is wear clinical-grade face mask, and visor shield to completely mitigate the risks of airborne transmission.

A sensible and calculated approach given the circumstances. 

People should NOT be berated for making their own personal choices regarding their body/health.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hugh G Rection said:

This is an absolutely brilliant response and I completely agree with you.

People would be quick to label you an anti-vaxxer, when in fact it's more down to the freedom of personal choice - which every single person should be entitled to. 

I know of a young Nurse who refuses to be jabbed due to the lack of long-term research issue, people are quick to say they should be sacked for not having the jabs - an utter Orwellian response. On the contrary what she actually does is wear clinical-grade face mask, and visor shield to completely mitigate the risks of airborne transmission.

A sensible and calculated approach given the circumstances. 

People should NOT be berated for making their own personal choices regarding their body/health.  

I’ll be honest. I’m starting to feel duped.

Not in regards the vaccine & why I would need it combating the virus or mitigating symptoms but by the Governments fixation with continued border control.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

Not in regards the vaccine & why I would need it combating the virus or mitigating symptoms but by the Governments fixation with continued border control.

I thought you said they were about to be dropped?

2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Agreed.

But do you expect any less from those incompetent, egocentric chindribblers in CoMin. 

Shower of tossers the lot of them. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh G Rection said:

Agreed.

But do you expect any less from those incompetent, egocentric chindribblers in CoMin. 

Shower of tossers the lot of them. 

Worth pointing out border control is not an exclusively manx thing, and that once other countries start really relaxing, ours will inevitably follow?

34 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Genuinely gobsmacked I have just realised your profile picture has a striking resemblance to Peter Karran & Robertshaw in the Manx Arms