IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

19 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

If I could correct you, they have produced not one, but TWO letters. One from manx care saying you have been vaccinated and one from the DHSC saying manx care is a real thing.

In other words nothing, to be correct! 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hugh G Rection said:

I know of a young Nurse who refuses to be jabbed due to the lack of long-term research issue, people are quick to say they should be sacked for not having the jabs - an utter Orwellian response. 

Just for the sake of reasoned debate though, this weekend someone I subscribed to on YouTube passed away from Covid, they were ill for about a week (Fever symptoms) then on a ventilator and unfortunately succumbed to this horrible illness. On their last live video (2 weeks ago now) they actually said they would have the vaccine if they really needed it, but didn’t feel they would need it, they didn’t even bother to get tested for Covid because they weren’t overly concerned and they just thought it would pass, but unfortunately for them it’s too late.

So in that scenario the risk of Covid far outweighed any possible risk from the vaccine, unfortunately hindsight isn’t much use when you’re on a ventilator struggling to breath.

I do understand people’s reservations, I think it’s perfectly rational to question the possible long term health effects but nobody should assume they’ll be given a second chance.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Just for the sake of reasoned debate though, this weekend someone I subscribed to on YouTube passed away from Covid, they were ill for about a week (Fever symptoms) then on a ventilator and unfortunately succumbed to this horrible illness. On their last live video (2 weeks ago now) they actually said they would have the vaccine if they really needed it, but didn’t feel they would need it, they didn’t even bother to get tested for Covid because they weren’t overly concerned and they just thought it would pass, but unfortunately for them it’s too late.

So in that scenario the risk of Covid far outweighed any possible risk from the vaccine, unfortunately hindsight isn’t much use when you’re on a ventilator struggling to breath.

I do understand people’s reservations, I think it’s perfectly rational to question the possible long term health effects but nobody should assume they’ll be given a second chance.

A number of countries are insisting on health workers being vaccinated eg Italy, France, USA , some Scandinavia countries. Italy & USA have started suspension of those refusing.

9 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

This is a somber thought and rather scary. 

For the sake of clarity, what was the approximate age of this Youtuber? 

15 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

No.

What they have produced is not fit for purpose. 

Agree totally ! What they have produced has had zero thought or professionalism attached to it . I really dont think they could have dished out a worse example of the inadequacies of our CS tbh . And with the head count and money spent on salaries its a disgrace in my opinion. Theres so much more they could have done relatively easily not to make the IOM  travelling population look like country bumpkins. Epic fail but anyone surprised ?.     

• Like 3

I get the reluctance by many to have the vaccine. We all should question the merits of what goes into our body be it health related or personal lifestyle choices . I must admit I really though didnt give woukd I have the injections as i'm well into my 60's so it was almost a no brainer . However have a few friends , incidental not from here , who are all against it mainly due to how quick they all appeared in the market place. I respect there choices and interestingly they are all in there 30's .   

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

I get the reluctance by many to have the vaccine. We all should question the merits of what goes into our body be it health related or personal lifestyle choices . I must admit I really though didnt give woukd I have the injections as i'm well into my 60's so it was almost a no brainer . However have a few friends , incidental not from here , who are all against it mainly due to how quick they all appeared in the market place. I respect there choices and interestingly they are all in there 30's .   

All vaccines could be brought in this quickly if money was thrown at them in the same way it was for COVID. Most delays are just waiting for funding. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

All vaccines could be brought in this quickly if money was thrown at them in the same way it was for COVID. Most delays are just waiting for funding. 

No I get that and personal , from how the vaccine has been derived , I dont have any issues with time scales etc. A little bit of me wonders if there will be any fall out in years to come but its a small risk but so is driving or crossing the road . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugh G Rection said:

This is a somber thought and rather scary. 

For the sake of clarity, what was the approximate age of this Youtuber? 

I don’t actually know his age but I’d put him somewhere around 40-50, I’ll be able to say exactly when the obituary is posted. I know to someone younger that seems really old (probably twice their age) but it shocked me, especially someone otherwise healthy and ironically full of life. If I didn’t have the vaccine I would after seeing that.

23 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s what the vast majority wants though so it doesn’t matter !!

Everybody wants to get back to the new normal ASAFP.

However with so many folks as yet unvaccinated the creation of new, possibly more dangerous variants is still there.

And as we have seen from the UK's appalling mismanagement of the pandemic political decisions are not usually the right ones. Because they made mistake after mistake after mistake. Plus the likes of Trump and Bolsonaro have a great deal to answer for.

No thanks...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2