IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

39 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

As someone who has suffered from post viral fatigue, it is not a walk in the park I can tell you.

I was as fit as the proverbial fiddle back when I had it, early 2000,s and it knocked me sideways for at least 6 months.

Look at Mark Cav' for similar, if you get a really bad viral infection, of any type, it can really screw up your whole life, especially if your job depends on physical activity as  mine did at the time and as Cav's does. 

The people in denial of "Long Covid" just need to Google a bit, its not unique but is symptoms can be life changing. Yes I know there are more CS the world over that have fallen to it but that does not mean its not very real even in the people who generate the their wages. 🙂

I also had post viral fatigue for several months after suffering from a tropical virus. Yes it knocks you for six and lasts for several months, but any bad virus has that potential and it really irks me that it has been hyped out of all proportion and rebranded.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Do we? That's very much up for debate. 

Why are people so determined to shit on the vaccines? They stop you from getting too sick. 

I read the Guardian too PK, but some of their coverage of this has been bonkers, and unfortunately it leaves people with very little hope.

Facts and truth can sometimes do that. Usually wise not to ignore it though, just because it doesn't make you feel warm and fuzzy.

43 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

I also had post viral fatigue for several months after suffering from a tropical virus. Yes it knocks you for six and lasts for several months, but any bad virus has that potential and it really irks me that it has been hyped out of all proportion and rebranded.

This is going to turn all Four Yorkshiremen isn't it?  

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Nope. I can top all of the others,

Me Knob dropped off,I was that ill.

Luckily I know a good surgeon, not on the island it goes without saying....................

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Do we? That's very much up for debate. 

Why are people so determined to shit on the vaccines? They stop you from getting too sick. 

I read the Guardian too PK, but some of their coverage of this has been bonkers, and unfortunately it leaves people with very little hope.

No way will I ever knock the vaccines - they've saved thousands of lives.

But no it's not up for debate. I read somewhere that it's rate of mutation is about half that of flu. But the fact remains it still mutates. Which makes forward planning just a bit tricky...

4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

But no it's not up for debate. I read somewhere that it's rate of mutation is about half that of flu. But the fact remains it still mutates. Which makes forward planning just a bit tricky...

It is a completely different virus to flu, and the mutations work in a different way. This is all easily searchable stuff. 

2 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Which is why the sensible thing to do is wear face coverings, not for your own protection, you need a lot more than a snood for that but to protect your fellow humans.

This is why we need both here and in the wider world a law to wear face coverings in crowded indoor spaces.

Just recommending them just sees people who think it is protecting themselves wearing them and a few people that "get it" 

The island like most places is full of uneducated persons, that is the trouble. In normal circumstances they only harm themselves, in this case with Covid, their stupidity hurts others.

I would rather see a law that made the vaccination mandatory for all. 

Sorry BS, I mean BJ, masks and especially cheap face coverings do very little for anyone. The wearing of them is more likely to harm the wearer than protect others. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

26 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Nope. I can top all of the others,

Me Knob dropped off,I was that ill.

Tha were lucky. When we were kids us Fathers would cut off our knobs and we would have to use em for sausage baps..........I..an sandwiched between two slices o'newspaper an all

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The daily IOM figures keep coming in and proving that Ben Fairfax was (and likely still is) ...

... a complete and utter wham chatter. A Covid bed wetter of epic proportions. In fact the Peoples Champion of sheet messing.

Yes new, active & hospital cases all down despite numerous mass gatherings, night clubs etc, perhaps Ben & PK could explain?

Edited by Banker

34 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The daily IOM figures keep coming in and proving that Ben Fairfax was (and likely still is) ...

... a complete and utter wham chatter. A Covid bed wetter of epic proportions. In fact the Peoples Champion of sheet messing.

Add him to the Josem list of lame statisticians.

50 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It is a completely different virus to flu, and the mutations work in a different way. This is all easily searchable stuff. 

They are different all right. As I posted previously

"But there are striking differences between coronavirus and flu that matter for public health. Coronavirus spreads faster than influenza and can cause far more serious illness. The symptoms of coronavirus can take longer to show, and people tend to be infectious for longer, making them more prone to passing it on."

just for starters.

So are you going to claim that there will be no further covid mutations producing "variants of concern" as the parlance goes?

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

They are different all right. As I posted previously

"But there are striking differences between coronavirus and flu that matter for public health. Coronavirus spreads faster than influenza and can cause far more serious illness

Far more serious than death...crikey! That's really serious😬

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, P.K. said:

So are you going to claim that there will be no further covid mutations producing "variants of concern" as the parlance goes?

No. I'm not going to claim that, it is inevitable that there will be further mutations, and that the people who deal with that kind of thing will label them as of concern. 

I am going to claim though that for the general public these should be of no concern, as the vaccines are hugely effective, and that a subsequent infection by whatever variant you want will serve mostly as an irritation to the individual and an effective booster.

I bet you havent bothered to read that link.

• Like 1