IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, quilp said:

Victoria Road? That's strange, twice I was there last week and it was about 50/50, as with the staff. 

Really? Was it COVId hour?

I haven’t seen anywhere near half of people wearing masks anywhere I have been.  Not even close. Hardly anyone is bothering.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Thanks for that.  I posted on here a couple of weeks ago asking what had happened to epsilon, zeta, eta variants etc. This article has them covered all the way to lambda. 

It’s mu next - be careful out there!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Depending on your age / state of health the efficacy of the messenger RNA vaccines (USA data) against infection wanes over time making folks more susceptible to "breakthrough" infections. However protection against severe disease and death remains high. Protection dropping off over time is hardly unexpected so in the US booster shots are being offered to those who have been fully vaccinated 8 months or more previously. The results show a much larger response.

I wonder how Oxford AZ is faring?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/aug/21/vaccine-breakthrough-infections-booster-shots-explained-questions

14 hours ago, Gladys said:

I thought track and trace had been abandoned. 

I believe track and trace has been abandoned, but still, there must be so much useful data available. A bit late now though.

13 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

My guess is that it isn’t being picked up in your own home, but likely is being picked up in public spaces you visit.

As an Island, and having at one time eradicated the virus, on opening our borders we should have had a pretty good handle on the virus and how it is transmitted and behaves etc.

The Isle of Man could and should have been a world leader on various aspects of the virus. We are, or rather were, a perfect test bed.

An ideal petri dish. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

The Isle of Man could and should have been a world leader on various aspects of the virus. We are, or rather were, a perfect test bed.

An ideal petri dish. 

Such as opening up with no restrictions and abandoning mandatory isolation for close contacts.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next VAT negotiation with the UK is a little more favourable than it should be.

*Dons tin foil hat*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Banker said:

Are there lots of mask wearers in Tesco , went in shoprite this week and saw only 2 wearing them 

I walked past one young woman in there this week, sporting facial nappy, who was muttering loudly to the young child in her trolley for everyone to hear 'Look at all these idiots in here, walking around with no mask on.'

I walked past her later on further down into the store and she was still jabbering away loudly, this time calling everyone 'wallies' using the same sentence. 

There will be a lot of people needing psychiatric help from the past 18 months.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Notably, the ones calling them face nappies. Minds have been broken.

Leave them alone, I don't think you need them but its their choice innit, no need to be shitty about it.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Barlow said:

I believe track and trace has been abandoned, but still, there must be so much useful data available. A bit late now though.

As an Island, and having at one time eradicated the virus, on opening our borders we should have had a pretty good handle on the virus and how it is transmitted and behaves etc.

An ideal petri dish. 

It is a world leader. You can't eradicate a virus like this so we have taken a sensible appraoch to living with it, our health services aren't overwhelmed and we are probably approaching a decent level of endemic equilibrium. 

We have shown, as an ideal petri dish, what can happen if you stop letting fear rule your decision making.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Notably, the ones calling them face nappies.

Leave them alone, I don't think you need them but its their choice innit, no need to be shitty about it.

Course it's their choice. I wouldn't be shitty about anything if everyone respectfully just got on with making their own decisions. However when my daughter asks me why that lady is calling everyone a wally for not wearing a mask then she's crossed the line.

8 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Anyone with more than 1000 posts on this very thread is immediately suspect.

Banker leads the way with 2,767 to date. Worryingly, TheTeapot has 1665. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Danoo said:

I walked past one young woman in there this week, sporting facial nappy, who was muttering loudly to the young child in her trolley for everyone to hear 'Look at all these idiots in here, walking around with no mask on.'

I walked past her later on further down into the store and she was still jabbering away loudly, this time calling everyone 'wallies' using the same sentence. 

Did you show her this study 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9914969/Popular-blue-surgical-face-masks-NOT-stop-people-infected-COVID-19.html

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, 747-400 said:

Or, if you read the press release for the study… 

“Ideally, Yarusevych said, the evidence shows that high-quality masks and proper ventilation should be used in combination to mitigate the threat posed by indoor aerosol accumulation as much as possible.”

19 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Or, if you read the press release for the study… 

“Ideally, Yarusevych said, the evidence shows that high-quality masks and proper ventilation should be used in combination to mitigate the threat posed by indoor aerosol accumulation as much as possible.”

Must be why Manx care put you in flimsy blue masks & poorly ventilated small rooms!

• Haha 3