IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

20 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Or, if you read the press release for the study… 

“Ideally, Yarusevych said, the evidence shows that high-quality masks and proper ventilation should be used in combination to mitigate the threat posed by indoor aerosol accumulation as much as possible.”

Exactly. High quality masks. Which I think most of us knew already. 

3 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I was in the Trafford Centre today (a bit like The Strand Centre But nowhere near as good.) tens of thousands there, fair bit of mask wearing. 

Folk really are just getting on with it now.

I was in central London recently, people didn’t seem concerned. I would say 5-10% masked, the rest were going about normally. Sat watching the football in a nice packed pub, just one person wearing a mask. Not normal yet, but getting there.

Let's wait until we get into the winter and the high season for completely natural and common respiratory ailments. I just hope our government hold the line and don't capitulate to the doom mongers who will, no doubt about it, be very vocal in wanting to send us back to the dark ages again.

There’s now a weekly report from public health of statistics etc.

60% of the 15 in hospital double vaccinated & 40% not, so with c80% of adults vaccinated the % of population unvaccinated & in hospital is much higher.

Andy Wint was of course highlighted the negatives eg 4th wave coming in autumn, schools will spread, hospital under pressure etc 

https://covid19.gov.im/media/1839/weekly-surveillance-report-190821.pdf

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I was in the Trafford Centre today (a bit like The Strand Centre But nowhere near as good.) tens of thousands there, fair bit of mask wearing. 

Folk really are just getting on with it now.

Thanks for the update Derek.

Good to see your observation skills trained within the Police force, probably to the tune of £2,000,000 to the Manx taxpayer are now being so expertly demonstrated in the UK amidst your retirement. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Banker said:

There’s now a weekly report from public health of statistics etc.

60% of the 15 in hospital double vaccinated & 40% not, so with c80% of adults vaccinated the % of population unvaccinated & in hospital is much higher.

Andy Wint was of course highlighted the negatives eg 4th wave coming in autumn, schools will spread, hospital under pressure etc 

https://covid19.gov.im/media/1839/weekly-surveillance-report-190821.pdf

The article on manx radio web page is a bit confusing. It states that there are people in hospital being treated for covid 19.....some being asymptomatic. How does that work?

Nine of 15 have had two doses

More than half of the patients receiving treatment for coronavirus in Noble's Hospital have received two vaccines.

The details have been published in a new weekly coronavirus report from Public Health Isle of Man.

The newly-launched report shows there were 15 people in hospital up to 17 August, with nine having had two Covid jabs.

Eight of those were displaying Covid symptoms, while one was asymptomatic.

Edited by Happier diner

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

The article on manx radio web page is a bit confusing. It states that there are people in hospital being treated for covid 19.....some being asymptomatic. How does that work?

Nine of 15 have had two doses

More than half of the patients receiving treatment for coronavirus in Noble's Hospital have received two vaccines.

The details have been published in a new weekly coronavirus report from Public Health Isle of Man.

The newly-launched report shows there were 15 people in hospital up to 17 August, with nine having had two Covid jabs.

Eight of those were displaying Covid symptoms, while one was asymptomatic.

Don’t know but maybe they were admitted for something else and Covid showed up in testing