IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

39 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes it’s depressing I can’t handle it anymore. They should lead-line the whole shop and leave them to it. As you say proof the media has won there.

I find it particularly depressing that some folks think that a virus has the same properties as, say, nuclear radiation.

Now if they lined the salon with copper it would not only be effective against the virus but much nicer to look at and a lot less toxic as well.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Now if they lined the salon with copper it would not only be effective against the virus but much nicer to look at and a lot less toxic as well.

But that would render the vaccine chips ineffective by shielding the place from EM radiation.  How would Bill Gates know what we're doing?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Banker said:

Turkish barber in castle street working normally, no masks in sight but you can request or wear one if you wish 

but you still need an appointment there because they are so busy, good for them and their work ethic.  the only walk in place i'm aware of in douglas now is the barbers on finch road , i used to go between either of the ron smiths and the one at glen falcon depending on who had the shortest queue but that was when they did walk ins pre lockdown bollocks.

2 minutes ago, WTF said:

but you still need an appointment there because they are so busy, good for them and their work ethic.  the only walk in place i'm aware of in douglas now is the barbers on finch road , i used to go between either of the ron smiths and the one at glen falcon depending on who had the shortest queue but that was when they did walk ins pre lockdown bollocks.

Ron Smiths is much better since they started the virtual queuing system.  Dead easy to register, join the queue, and predict when you'll get a slot.  Much better than turning up on a Saturday afternoon finding the place full of kids waiting.

19 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Idiot

I'm the idiot for having a laugh when you are the one that openly suggests that Ashford would make a good Chief Minister? The man of utmost integrity???

What a complete and utter tosser full of trough you are 

• Like 1

I remember reading on here months ago a few people saying the border restrictions were encouraging loads to move here, and others saying they were also making prople leave.

The majority seemed to scoff at the suggestion that restrictions were having such a detrimental impact on people’s lives that they were relocating away.

So here it is straight from the horses mouth. Rob Callisto of Callisters removals quotes in an iom newspapers feature.

We lost loads of residents due to over the top restrictions last year.  Loads.

’I would say since lockdown’s begun there’s been more people coming, there’s no question about that, but there’s certainly been a number of people leaving as well. I’d say it was probably 70/30 [UK to IOM] last year but it’s going more towards 50/50 now.

’The volume of work has definitely increased, on and off the island - people wanting to leave because they couldn’t see their families in the UK, or returning residents wanting to see their families over here.

’One way or another, it’s because they haven’t been able to see family.’”

• Like 3

4 hours ago, P.K. said:

It's not psychological "damage" (whatever that is) if people, particularly very vulnerable people, are being naturally cautious about a pandemic that can have fatal consequences. To me that's just common sense. Some folks may be a bit OTT about it but they're probably like that about everything!

More details published about those hospitalised by Covid but again no data on what age groups they are in. Makes it just a tad impossible to calculate the risk to you personally.

What information do you need to calculate your risk profile? Are you overweight? Yes, should really address it. Are you unfit? Yes, should really address it. Is your diet poor? Yes, should really address it. Do you take additional daily supplements? No, you should address it. Are you over the age of 60? Yes, should address the previous points with a bit more urgency.

We know the protection from the jabs is waning so take sesnsible precautions. You don't need data to tell you all of the above. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Danoo said:

What information do you need to calculate your risk profile? Are you overweight? Yes, should really address it. Are you unfit? Yes, should really address it. Is your diet poor? Yes, should really address it. Do you take additional daily supplements? No, you should address it. Are you over the age of 60? Yes, should address the previous points with a bit more urgency.

We know the protection from the jabs is waning so take sesnsible precautions. You don't need data to tell you all of the above. 

It's not for me.....

• Haha 1

Great news that this is going the way most of use predicted and is nowhere near the disaster some feared.

Can we do away with the remaining and futile restrictions now please so people can have their lives back?

Thanks

The GMP.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/drop-of-five-people-in-hospital-with-covid/?fbclid=IwAR04XWfvRrwy_qZ0eT31zAyfakjsxV2C8bXQOMc9im_aMtGctrDCzygzVpQ

• Like 2

There have been several disparaging remarks about certain barbers wearing face masks and following hygiene measures. Stop and think for a moment, perhaps certain barbers have vulnerable and/or elderly family members and are taking extra precautions to try and protect them because in the current free for all there is every possibility that their next client is an asymptomatic advocate of just getting on with life.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Great news that this is going the way most of use predicted and is nowhere near the disaster some feared.

Can we do away with the remaining and futile restrictions now please so people can have their lives back?

Thanks

The GMP.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/drop-of-five-people-in-hospital-with-covid/?fbclid=IwAR04XWfvRrwy_qZ0eT31zAyfakjsxV2C8bXQOMc9im_aMtGctrDCzygzVpQ

bUt ThEs iZ teH Ca1M bEf0rE tEh sT0Rm wE mUSt l0Ckd0Wn teh b0arDer N0W!!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Most other barbers are too. It’s just that one that’s still inexplicably operating in hazmat suits. 

Maybe they have found that working like that is good.

I work in an occasionally dusty environment and masks were entirely optional (they were never worn). Having to wear a mask anyway, has made my working environment so much cleaner and I feel healthier. I will continue wearing a mask, I don't care what others think.

Back to the barbers. I wouldn't want to be continually working in others peoples dandruff and swarf all day.

7 hours ago, Banker said:

Turkish barber in castle street working normally, no masks in sight but you can request or wear one if you wish 

Willie Black on Windsor Road/ Osborne Grove is no masks , unless you re quest etc. Mind you he only does Friday/Saturday/Monday if your lucky .