IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Oh I'm not taking too much notice of those waning immunity studies, they're a bit suspect. You'll notice much of the noise is to do with pfizer, again. I'd much rather they sent those boosters to countries that need them.

Just get infected, that's all the booster you need.

Imagine if the lunatics on facebook read this? They'd be frothing at the mouth and talking about torching your house. 

Edited by Danoo

17 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The NHS App update should herald the lifting of all border restrictions.

Aug 31st CoMin meeting to confirm.

Should.  I bet it won’t though.

Most people seem oblivious to the continued absurd restrictions that are distressing so many people.

• Like 3

I have some overseas travel booked for October to a country currently on the Amber list. 

Checking the https://covid19.gov.im/travel/travel-to-the-isle-of-man/ site, I see that Pathway 1 (basically double-jabbed people) now says:-

Residents and non-residents are eligible for this pathway if:

• They have completed the full course of an approved COVID-19 vaccine (two doses of either Pfizer BioNTech; Oxford/AstraZeneca; or Moderna or one dose of Johnson and Johnson)
  • On arrival, at least two weeks has passed since the full course was administered
  • They have not been to any countries on the red travel list in the 10 days before arrival to the Isle of Man
  • They do not have COVID-19 or any symptoms of COVID-19

From my perspective, and anyone else travelling to Green or Amber countries, this is good news, but was this announced anywhere, or did the IOMG just slip this change in without telling anyone?

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Should.  I bet it won’t though.

Most people seem oblivious to the continued absurd restrictions that are distressing so many people.

Travelling here from the UK should be no different than travelling from one county to another across. Apart from the ridiculous Steam Packet costs of course. 

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Oh I'm not taking too much notice of those waning immunity studies, they're a bit suspect. You'll notice much of the noise is to do with pfizer, again. I'd much rather they sent those boosters to countries that need them.

No they are not suspect.

It's a fact that the flu vaccine wanes over a single season. So it's hardly a massive jump to expect covid to do the same.

Apparently if you were originally a recipient of Oxford AZ a Pfizer booster really ups the immune response.

So if there's a choice between catching the virus or a booster jab to up my immunity I think I'll go for the jab on the grounds it's  a lot less likely to kill me...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

No they are not suspect.

It's a fact that the flu vaccine wanes over a single season. So it's hardly a massive jump to expect covid to do the same.

Yes, they are. Most 'studies' are still pre-prints, there is NO definitive evidence, there are so many factors to take into account like age profile for a start. LOADS of scientists (real ones) are questioning the conclusions of them. 

Once again you've brought a comparison to flu up. It is not the flu, it doesn't act in the body like the flu, it doesn't mutate like the flu, it has fuck all to do with the flu. Why not bring a different disease you get vaccinated for up, that gives life long immunity like mumps? 

Doomer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Whist there is nothing strictly wrong with your science, you are not thinking this through.

Yes, getting infected will boost your immunity. Not so bad if you are a fit 30 year old, but even if you are catching the infection it still presents a far greater risk of illness that does getting a shot of a vaccine. If you are vulnerable its a very big risk of illness. The other issue is that a real life' booster will rely on widespread infection.......pressure on the health system....deaths of vulnerable.. blah blah blah

Therefore we should consider this pragmatically and selfishly.

If all the vulnerable groups get their booster this Autumn the risk of..blah...blah...blah will be much less, making restrictions very difficult to justify and enable us all to continue with our lives.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Yes, they are. Most 'studies' are still pre-prints, there is NO definitive evidence, there are so many factors to take into account like age profile for a start. LOADS of scientists (real ones) are questioning the conclusions of them. 

Once again you've brought a comparison to flu up. It is not the flu, it doesn't act in the body like the flu, it doesn't mutate like the flu, it has fuck all to do with the flu. Why not bring a different disease you get vaccinated for up, that gives life long immunity like mumps? 

Doomer.

To be fair it is more like the flu than any other virus we vaccinate for. That's not to say I agree we should be proverbial pin cushions for life because of it but it's nothing like the example of mumps you gave.

1 minute ago, Danoo said:

To be fair it is more like the flu than any other virus we vaccinate for. That's not to say I agree we should be proverbial pin cushions for life because of it but it's nothing like the example of mumps you gave.

A correct statement, however with regard to pin cushions, its voluntary isn't it? It will be interesting if the travel vaccination status is expanded to boosters.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

A correct statement, however with regard to pin cushions, its voluntary isn't it? It will be interesting if the travel vaccination status is expanded to boosters.

Hopefully we will be a little more sensible than places like Israel, for example, who treat double jabbed as unvaccinated now.

6 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Hopefully we will be a little more sensible than places like Israel, for example, who treat double jabbed as unvaccinated now.

What's their buzzword - 2+2-9 perhaps? (2 doses, more than 2 weeks ago, but less than 9 months ago)

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Doomer.

If you put "covid vaccine efficacy waning" you will get a lot of hits from the real world. So there does appear to be evidence. Yes age makes a difference as it seems to in everything medical.

No offence but at this stage of the pandemic I wouldn't ignore anything that is pertinent. After all, slapping things down is just churlish.

Love the "scientists (real ones)" put down. Like you would know the difference...