IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Anyone with school kids here’s the new guidelines 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/covid-19-new-school-measures-set-out/

Suppose there will be 2 vocal groups, one saying I’m not sending my kids to school as not safe and one lot saying my kids aren’t taking tests or wearing masks etc!!

I'm in the latter group. Absolutely fuck off with masks. Stupid stupid stupid. Leave the kids alone, let them have a couple of days off when they get briefly sick and then back to school.

• Like 4

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

The teachers have proven right from the start of this all that if there’s an option not to work they’ll take it. There is no need for half this stuff. It’s just pandering to hysterical mums and teachers who would rather be paid to be at home. 

Ah, I strongly disagree with your and Bankers anti teacher nonsense. Teachers were at much more at risk than their pupils, I hope they've all been vaccinated. Most people actually want to go to work. 

The chances of your kid having anything worse than general illness for covid are really really small. Many people outright refuse to accept this. A week to go before they go back and just the thought of the shrieking is making feel feel ill.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Ah, I strongly disagree with your and Bankers anti teacher nonsense. Teachers were at much more at risk than their pupils, I hope they've all been vaccinated. Most people actually want to go to work. 

The chances of your kid having anything worse than general illness for covid are really really small. Many people outright refuse to accept this. A week to go before they go back and just the thought of the shrieking is making feel feel ill.

If my kids school was anything to go by it is likely that the vast majority of them got it last term (I am guessing loads not reported/not aware), and it will turn out to be less of an issue than anticipated. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

If my kids school was anything to go by it is likely that the vast majority of them got it last term (I am guessing loads not reported/not aware), and it will turn out to be less of an issue than anticipated. 

A bunch of them, our grand-kids included, went down with it during the last week of the term. Right pee'd off they were, missed all the last day of term activities!

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s not anti teacher per see but they’re the ones insisting on masks for kids etc and other measures. They’re all double jabbed largely and I really can’t see kids wearing masks on the school bus can you? It’s all fairly impossible to enforce. All it’s going to result in is more kids and teachers being away from school for weeks on end. 

Yes it’s the unions who insisting on it & you can guarantee they are the ones who will be wanting classes shut down with a few cases.

Stop all testing except if you’re going into hospital for operation etc & can see the case for LFTS if visiting care homes, maternity, cancer wards etc

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes it’s the unions who insisting on it & you can guarantee they are the ones who will be wanting classes shut down with a few cases.

Stop all testing except if you’re going into hospital for operation etc & can see the case for LFTS if visiting care homes, maternity, cancer wards etc

But how do we object to these ridiculous rules then? We don't have any elected representatives at the moment so we are being run by civil servants, no doubt going off recommendations from the UK. Mass non-compliance?

1 hour ago, Danoo said:

But how do we object to these ridiculous rules then? We don't have any elected representatives at the moment so we are being run by civil servants, no doubt going off recommendations from the UK. Mass non-compliance?

There is no reason to object, they are merely encouraging certain measures, but there is no compulsion. If people want to test and mask up, fine as long as they do not impose their will on others. My kids will not be doing either measure, however we have all had the virus recently and have never particularly worried about the virus. People are finding their way out of this in different ways and with any luck we can start off the new term in a non judgmental, tolerant manner that let’s the kids get on with school lives.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Out of the blue said:

There is no reason to object, they are merely encouraging certain measures, but there is no compulsion. If people want to test and mask up, fine as long as they do not impose their will on others. My kids will not be doing either measure, however we have all had the virus recently and have never particularly worried about the virus. People are finding their way out of this in different ways and with any luck we can start off the new term in a non judgmental, tolerant manner that let’s the kids get on with school lives.

As long as it is just encouragement and our officials don't get swayed by the rabid loonies who will, no doubt, be on to anyone exercising their free will like a rash. One look at Facebook tells you the start of term will be like a circus, just at a time when we need calm heads to navigate our way through the next few months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danoo said:

As long as it is just encouragement and our officials don't get swayed by the rabid loonies who will, no doubt, be on to anyone exercising their free will like a rash. One look at Facebook tells you the start of term will be like a circus, just at a time when we need calm heads to navigate our way through the next few months.

I think it will be okay. My kids will be told to encourage any over zealous teacher to have a chat with me to discuss things. The edict is clear and I don’t think it will go beyond signage. TBH the kids will generally just follow the lead of their peer groups.

Even after all its strenuous efforts at vaccinating its population, with some people on their 3rd jab, Israel sees a peak in new cases. A startling rise of 11,000 in a day. Hospitalisations increasing but morbidity down for now. The country is told to expect more deaths. Worries about schoolchildren returning to lessons in the near future.

https://m.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/israel-registers-almost-11000-cases-in-a-day-marking-new-record-678227