IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 hours ago, quilp said:

Even after all its strenuous efforts at vaccinating its population, with some people on their 3rd jab, Israel sees a peak in new cases. A startling rise of 11,000 in a day. Hospitalisations increasing but morbidity down for now. The country is told to expect more deaths. Worries about schoolchildren returning to lessons in the near future.

https://m.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/israel-registers-almost-11000-cases-in-a-day-marking-new-record-678227

One might be forgiven for thinking the jabs aren’t doing what they are setting out to do.

8 hours ago, quilp said:

Even after all its strenuous efforts at vaccinating its population, with some people on their 3rd jab, Israel sees a peak in new cases. A startling rise of 11,000 in a day. Hospitalisations increasing but morbidity down for now. The country is told to expect more deaths. Worries about schoolchildren returning to lessons in the near future.

https://m.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/israel-registers-almost-11000-cases-in-a-day-marking-new-record-678227

Thing is that everyone bangs on about Israel because they made a good start on the vaccines and were at one time world leaders.

Using them as a point of reference is typical of people who base their thought processes on things as they were months ago.  Because they made little progress after a good start.

171BA0FA-9085-4071-A03A-E27F9D88F617.jpeg

5 minutes ago, quilp said:

What's that all about Teapot? 

The fact that anyone would need it explain, is exactly the problem to be honest.

Anyway.  Healthy 17 year old on the island are at zero risk from COVID and don’t need a jab, yet are getting them.

Sure you can work the rest out?

22 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

The fact that anyone would need it explain, is exactly the problem to be honest.

Anyway.  Healthy 17 year old on the island are at zero risk from COVID and don’t need a jab, yet are getting them.

Sure you can work the rest out?

There’s a reasonable amount of 16/17 year olds turning up for the have here & across UK , no parental permission needed so they are deciding they want it. For the near 18 year olds I guess compulsory vaccinations for nightclubs entry in uk at end September may be a draw 

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I think 'we' should be putting significantly more effort into vaccinating the world instead of granny again or kids who don't need them. 

'we'. Do you mean the rest of the world and 'us'?

I can't see there being a lack of shots, it will be logistics that hold it up

The fifser is not really suitable for remote locations so maybe its best if its used before it all goes out of date/spoilt

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I think 'we' should be putting significantly more effort into vaccinating the world instead of granny again or kids who don't need them. 

Thanks for that, the post was without comment and I was interested in what your thoughts were. I agree with it, it's the logistics of implementing the task on a global scale. The length of time and effort involved in getting all nations on board. The fact that Israel, now in its fourth wave, and the numbers of its population getting a third jab, the rising number of infections there does cast a shadow over the efficacy and long-term effectiveness of the vaccines.

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

Thanks for that, the post was without comment and I was interested in what your thoughts were. I agree with it, it's the logistics of implementing the task on a global scale. The length of time and effort involved in getting all nations on board. The fact that Israel, now in its fourth wave, and the numbers of its population getting a third jab, the rising number of infections there does cast a shadow over the efficacy and long-term effectiveness of the vaccines.

I don't trust the data from Israel as much as some. It could easily be argued that it is a Pfizer testing and marketing exercise.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Banker said:

Wee Jimmy is introducing vaccine passports for Scotland , this won’t go down well!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58412832

I'm going over in October for a large indoor event then to a football match under those rules I'd need the vaccine passport but will our government be issuing them? If not then what do I do? 

I'm on a number of Scottish forums and the majority on there are against them.