IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, Danoo said:

Yes, all those doom mongers predicting armageddon once the kids get back together. Where do they think these kids have been the past half a dozen weeks, in isolation? We have had half the kids under 6 on the street in our house most of the holidays, sharing paddling pools in the garden, eating from the same pizza slices and hugging as young kids do. Everyone has been fine. 

I know of lots of children who have had covid over the summer and have been in isolation. Most have been okay but a couple have been pretty ill. It's probably worth pointing out that a cough was not present in the dozen or so kids I know that had it. High temperature, headache and lethargic were the main ones.

8 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I know of lots of children who have had covid over the summer and have been in isolation. Most have been okay but a couple have been pretty ill. It's probably worth pointing out that a cough was not present in the dozen or so kids I know that had it. High temperature, headache and lethargic were the main ones.

All will now have some robust immunity to go along with the other benefits of youth, leaving them in good stead for the future. 

We need to carry on regardless and let nature run it’s course. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Old Git said:

I find it difficult to believe that someone could be in ICU one day and at home the next day. Surely they’d go from ICU to a ward first?

I believe this person went home with an oxygen pack for daily use. Probably via a ward first. 

3 hours ago, The Old Git said:

I find it difficult to believe that someone could be in ICU one day and at home the next day. Surely they’d go from ICU to a ward first?

For the stats, the number in ICU will be reduced if anyone dies, goes home or goes to another ward, I guess. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

For the stats, the number in ICU will be reduced if anyone dies, goes home or goes to another ward, I guess. 

But according to Danoo they would have been in ICU on Sunday and sitting at home on Monday 🤷🏻‍♂️I just thought it seemed unlikely. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

2 hours ago, The Old Git said:

But according to Danoo they would have been in ICU on Sunday and sitting at home on Monday 🤷🏻‍♂️I just thought it seemed unlikely. 

Yep. Sorry for being unfeeling, but from ICU it's ward or morgue.