IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, forestboy said:

No. We need to know. 
if because of Covid or with Covid and some other conditions 

Why? What for? 18 months ago when people were trying to work out what was going on that info was sort of useful, but now we understand the overall picture that info doesn't matter. It makes no difference whether Doris, 58, died directly from Covid or whether getting covid caused her already damaged kidneys to fail. It just does not matter. 

Without knowing all the details I suspect that some of those extra 10 dead they've found were previously written off as pre-existing conditions but actually, thinking about it, covid tipped them over the edge.

• Like 2

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

What is the difference between a non vaccinated resident and a non resident?

Neither is more likely to have it than the other (not that it matters anyway) and residents coming back will far out number visitors.

Why continue with a pointless restriction?

Non vaccinated people are many times more likely to end up in hospital. Governments don't want to import people likely to get sick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hmmmm said:

So they have 'found' another 10 covid related deaths following a review of death certificates since the pandemic began.  I wonde what prompted the review.

Further 10 Covid-related deaths confirmed - Manx Radio

Neuseating to listen to the dynamic duo.

Amazing they weren't more careful over this issue bearing in mind how emotive this subject has been . 'Found ' says it all really . 

12 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Amazing they weren't more careful over this issue bearing in mind how emotive this subject has been . 'Found ' says it all really . 

While willing to allow that there may be factors in play that I'm missing, my initial reaction is one of complete disbelief.

What prompted them to go back for a "recount" in the first place? Did some poor schmo's family actually have to point out that Grandma was missing from the stats?

Just now, Sheldon said:

While willing to allow that there may be factors in play that I'm missing, my initial reaction is one of complete disbelief.

What prompted them to go back for a "recount" in the first place? Did some poor schmo's family actually have to point out that Grandma was missing from the stats?

Agree totally . We are talking about peoples lives and family and friends being impacted . As throughout all this Government have been found wanting in recording and media involvment . How many times have they had to backtrack next day on info given out not clearly defined initially .

9 minutes ago, snowman said:

it's for accurate statistical analysis

i dont understand the outrage on this recount topic

I do. They should have procedures in place to establish cause of death before Covid reared its head. A procedure to make sure guidelines are there to stop this happening. And then to take this long to re visit the issue is just wrong on so many levels . 

Edited by Numbnuts