IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 hours ago, Cambon said:

Scared? No! Timid! No, What the heck are you trying to say? Here is my position from day one. 

Shield the elderly and vunerable from day one, and let us get on with it. This is basically a bad cold. There will not be a reliable. vaccine. There never has been one for any coronavirus ever. In  50 years time, the world will read how the wealth of the world was stolen by the 1% by the treat of a bad cold! 

However, lockdown happened. We have to open up, but how? 

So far, so good. IOM is in the lucky position to have reserves. This is exactly the sort of reason we have them. The money does not have to be repaid. 

If there is a second lock down, Cannan has already said he will borrow it. This cannot happen. It will bankrupt  the Island. 

Tell me different? I am  correct. 

We now have to control the borders very carefully. 

Jersey has no choice but to allow tourists. They have no reserves. Guernsey is not far behind. You, Banker and your mates need to have a real self check on what you believe and think, quite simply because you are spectacularly wrong! 

You are quite ridiculous. Jersey manipulating the figures? Get a grip man. They have it bang on. Sensible decisions. Not locking themselves into a hole like we are. 

10 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Whatever it is, Howard and his comms cronies are obviously going into full panic/war mode again. Unless we are about to be attacked by a flotilla or infected zombies, I would have to question why this couldn't wait until Monday. But no, our Howard does like to create a drama, puff out his chest and "Captain the ship" - Titanic or otherwise.

Likely a backtrack from some aspect of Thursday’s completely unpopular announcement which they clearly though would be popular or some other sort of re-clarification. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

10 hours ago, Cambon said:

Scared? No! Timid! No, What the heck are you trying to say? Here is my position from day one. 

Shield the elderly and vunerable from day one, and let us get on with it. This is basically a bad cold. There will not be a reliable. vaccine. There never has been one for any coronavirus ever. In  50 years time, the world will read how the wealth of the world was stolen by the 1% by the treat of a bad cold! 

However, lockdown happened. We have to open up, but how? 

So far, so good. IOM is in the lucky position to have reserves. This is exactly the sort of reason we have them. The money does not have to be repaid. 

If there is a second lock down, Cannan has already said he will borrow it. This cannot happen. It will bankrupt  the Island. 

Tell me different? I am  correct. 

We now have to control the borders very carefully. 

Jersey has no choice but to allow tourists. They have no reserves. Guernsey is not far behind. You, Banker and your mates need to have a real self check on what you believe and think, quite simply because you are spectacularly wrong! 

So the day (that was always coming) when we confirm it’s back on island and discover what the plan now is?

personally I hope so, as trying to keep the virus out was never sustainable and I have never seen any evidence that it was actually what they wanted.  A small number of manageable cases always seemed to be the plan but we somehow ended up with none - oops.  Then the public got so exciting we had to be seen to be trying to keep it at none, while secretly hoping a case would sneak in at some point so we could then move forward

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Likely a backtrack from Thursday’s completely unpopular announcement which they clearly though would be popular or some sort of re-clarification. 

It's a little bit of over kill if that's the reason. It's more likely a case and given the urgency of the conference quite possibly community transmission rather than someone isolating.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

It's a little bit of over kill if that's the reason. It's more likely a case and given the urgency of the conference quite possibly community transmission rather than someone isolating.

There’s been rumours of a case linked to that chopper that came in for days. If it is a case I’m completely unprepared to tolerate the shitstorm of public wailing and blind panic that will ensure. I might nip to Tescos and get some bog rolls now just in case. Also if it is a case how can that have possibly happened as we’re policing the self isolation system so well. Right? 

4 minutes ago, trmpton said:

So the day (that was always coming) when we confirm it’s back on island and discover what the plan now is?

personally I hope so, as trying to keep the virus out was never sustainable and I have never seen any evidence that it was actually what they wanted.  A small number of manageable cases always seemed to be the plan but we somehow ended up with none - oops.  Then the public got so exciting we had to be seen to be trying to keep it at none, while secretly hoping a case would sneak in at some point so we could then move forward

Here Here!

7 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Also if it is a case how can that have possibly happened as we’re policing the self isolation system so well. Right? 

Yes, if this is a case it really won't be a surprise. Six people I know personally that have been away and bar one phone call the day after from 111 there were no further checks on them.

45 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Yes, if this is a case it really won't be a surprise. Six people I know personally that have been away and bar one phone call the day after from 111 there were no further checks on them.

That seems to be the common experience. Which is why I’ve been much more in the testing and tracking camp than the “Let’s just do nothing and scare people into voluntary compliance camp” from the outset. 

12 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Of course it could be a case whereby someone has been away, brought it back, developed symptoms during isolation and is in further homebound isolation? A return of the virus doesn't necessarily ewuate to a break of procedure

If the Government are going to start charging residents £50.00 for a Covid -19 test,

are they obligated  under the equaity laws to bill to all those people they have already been tested.

Could put a few coppers back into treasury with 10,000 test carried out already.

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Holte End said:

If the Government are going to start charging residents £50.00 for a Covid -19 test,

are they obligated  under the equaity laws to bill to all those people they have already tested.

Could put a few coppers back into treasury with 10,000 test carried out already.

No they arent.

the £50 goes towards the cost of the test. It doesn’t cover the cost of the test, sraff etc.  It’s just a contribution so won’t be putting anything into the coffers