IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, quilp said:

You asking for a friend..? 

More of a legal question really, I know when you get on a boat/ plane they have the right to search you for anti bomb type reasons and if you don't want to be searched you don't have to travel.

Getting off a boat after the event being searched is different, there cant be a bomb type reason so what law are they using to search people?

Do they have to have "Reasonable Grounds" or is it if they don't like the look of you? Or are they searching everyone?

I am surprised that there has not been more negativity about this police state type introduction brought in on the back of Covid.

5 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

More of a legal question really, I know when you get on a boat/ plane they have the right to search you for anti bomb type reasons and if you don't want to be searched you don't have to travel.

Getting off a boat after the event being searched is different, there cant be a bomb type reason so what law are they using to search people?

Do they have to have "Reasonable Grounds" or is it if they don't like the look of you? Or are they searching everyone?

I am surprised that there has not been more negativity about this police state type introduction brought in on the back of Covid.

You’ve always been liable to be searched on arrival at the Island end. Think how many arrests have been made for drugs hidden in the back of the car. 

The new changes are simply showing your QR code to a person in a shed along with your photo ID.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

I’ve railed against the IOM border restrictions, as they had a huge impact on my family life, but by Christ, I’m glad I’m not Australian

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-58757888

It's been far from perfect, but I am so glad I have been on the Isle of Man during all this.

And I think you should be too.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 1:34 PM, Barlow said:

It's been far from perfect, but I am so glad I have been on the Isle of Man during all this.

And I think you should be too.

In many ways I am glad to have been here, but I have suffered terribly from not being able to attend my mother’s funeral and no compassion was shown for me by the powers that be.

There are some musings on the Twattosphere around a 24% positivity rate for covid testing.

Does this not outline triage by 111 working correctly or have I over simplified my thinking?

People being asked to take LFT’s which come back negative, not being asked to come forward for a PCR test. Those testing a positive LFT being asked for a PCR test and likely to test positive meaning a higher positivity test rate.

The good Doctor is having a rant about not enough testing being done. Usual chirps by the miserable folk on there as expected.

9 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

There are some musings on the Twattosphere around a 24% positivity rate for covid testing.

Does this not outline triage by 111 working correctly or have I over simplified my thinking?

People being asked to take LFT’s which come back negative, not being asked to come forward for a PCR test. Those testing a positive LFT being asked for a PCR test and likely to test positive meaning a higher positivity test rate.

The good Doctor is having a rant about not enough testing being done. Usual chirps by the miserable folk on there as expected.

They just want a 5th wave and another lockdown.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

74 new cases. 12 pending investigation. Not sure why they didn't announce it as 18 new cases 68 pending investigation. I can only assume the number juggler department were enjoying a well earned day off. 

25 of them are aged 10-14

6 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

Twatosphere also rumouring that one (or more) Douglas Hotels have essentially been locked down due to a coach party all testing positive. 😒

This I believe it's true. I heard it at the weekend from someone who is usually accurate with there info and allegedly some of them are/were in hospital. 

11 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Apparently there’s been a major kick off as the hotel has demanded an extra few days payment for all the rooms taken up as government won’t pay for the enforced overdue stay to get them through self isolation which is why it’s being hushed up. 

Obviously they'll all have fully comprehensive travel insurance to cover such an eventuality...